Shelby County 2014 Pre-Season Thread (Districts 14, 15, & 16)

kwc

I thought this was a Shelby County Pre-Season thread but all I'm reading about is one team. Is that all that's in Shelby Co after the school shake up?

TNHSFOOTBALL:

This IS a Shelby County Pre-season thread. In order for there to be dialogue there needs to be participation.

You already know who I and BlackhavenSenator represent. The same goes for dannyq and Lasal. PassiveAggresive is for Ooltewah. I still don't know who Wingman10 reps. Governors91 is a William Blount fan who came in here talking about Maryville. Sweetscience is a Redbank fan, who made comments about Gov91's comments. I don't know who Sdot Bears reps. Rebel Ron is a long tried and true Maryville fan.

For this to be a SHELBY COUNTY PRE-SEASON thread, we need participation from those individuals who follow or have knowledge about other Shelby County schools. I keep up with Whitehaven as best I can. I have limited knowledge about some of the other schools so I don't comment on what I don't know.

I would love to hear about Arlington, Cordova, Millington, Bolton, Collierville, Germantown, Melrose, East, White Station, Ridgeway, Overton, and etc. I wish some of their fans would stop by and let us know what's going on with them.

I also stated that if the only participants in this thread are Whitehaven people, then expect most of the conversation to be about Whitehaven. So, until we have participants of other schools, it is what it is.

TNHSFOOTBALL:

This IS a Shelby County Pre-season thread. In order for there to be dialogue there needs to be participation.

You already know who I and BlackhavenSenator represent. The same goes for dannyq and Lasal. PassiveAggresive is for Ooltewah. I still don't know who Wingman10 reps. Governors91 is a William Blount fan who came in here talking about Maryville. Sweetscience is a Redbank fan, who made comments about Gov91's comments. I don't know who Sdot Bears reps. Rebel Ron is a long tried and true Maryville fan.

For this to be a SHELBY COUNTY PRE-SEASON thread, we need participation from those individuals who follow or have knowledge about other Shelby County schools. I keep up with Whitehaven as best I can. I have limited knowledge about some of the other schools so I don't comment on what I don't know.

I would love to hear about Arlington, Cordova, Millington, Bolton, Collierville, Germantown, Melrose, East, White Station, Ridgeway, Overton, and etc. I wish some of their fans would stop by and let us know what's going on with them.

I also stated that if the only participants in this thread are Whitehaven people, then expect most of the conversation to be about Whitehaven. So, until we have participants of other schools, it is what it is.

SweetScience is an Oak Ridge fan and Sdot Bears is a Sevier Co. Fan.

On another note:

Has Whitehaven established who the OOT game will be?

I know a lot of alum/fans want to see Whitehaven play either Olive Branch or South Panola. Personally, I like going to Illinois/Missouri to play. It's a dress rehersal for post season travel and it's another culture all together. I think the experience is wonderful for the young men and their families.

Has anybody heard anything?

Edited by kwc

On another note:

Was told by someone close to the program that Whitehaven has the potential to have an Olive Branch/South Panola type Offensive Line. Looking at the roster from last year and rememebring the guys that got playing time; I can see why that comment was made.

I hope this potential becomes reality. I KNOW we have the depth and size ... I'm curious about the skill level. I already know that you have to display the work ethic to even see the field.

I'm going to be anxiously awaiting to see this!

I stand corrected. Thanks BIGPURPLE.

How's Milan looking so far?

No problem kwc :) last year was a very usual year for Milan. Lots of season ending injuries to starters combined with other starters being suspended for disciplinary reason and you wind up with a 3-7 record.

The plus side is several of those games were within one score and several of those starters will be back this year. I don't think this will be your typical Milan team but will win 6-7 regular season games and be back in the playoffs.

Last year we had one of the best freshman teams in the history of the Milan program. They will be sophomores this year and in another year or two Milan will be back to contending for state titles.

Good luck to Whitehaven this year!! You guys have a lot of good things to look forward to!!!

No problem kwc :) last year was a very usual year for Milan. Lots of season ending injuries to starters combined with other starters being suspended for disciplinary reason and you wind up with a 3-7 record.

The plus side is several of those games were within one score and several of those starters will be back this year. I don't think this will be your typical Milan team but will win 6-7 regular season games and be back in the playoffs.

Last year we had one of the best freshman teams in the history of the Milan program. They will be sophomores this year and in another year or two Milan will be back to contending for state titles.

Good luck to Whitehaven this year!! You guys have a lot of good things to look forward to!!!

good to hear...teams goes in cycles and it is good for West Tenn to have Milan as one of the better teams

On another note:

Has Whitehaven established who the OOT game will be?

I know a lot of alum/fans want to see Whitehaven play either Olive Branch or South Panola. Personally, I like going to Illinois/Missouri to play. It's a dress rehersal for post season travel and it's another culture all together. I think the experience is wonderful for the young men and their families.

Has anybody heard anything?

Well, according to this official 2014-2015 schedule I received there is no OOT game this year. Instead, we play back to back games. On Thursday, October 23 Whitehaven plays Carver and then on Friday, October 24 Whitehaven plays Hamilton.

I also see where we have two weeks off as well in October. I think they tried to schedule an OOT game an it just didn't work out so they had to squueze a game in with Carver.

Oh well. It is what it is.

Edited by kwc

Well, according to this official 2014-2015 schedule I received there is no OOT game this year. Instead, we play back to back games. On Thursday, October 23 Whitehaven plays Carver and then on Friday, October 24 Whitehaven plays Hamilton.

I also see where we have two weeks off as well in October. I think they tried to schedule an OOT game an it just didn't work out so they had to squueze a game in with Carver.

Those Mississippi Schools DON'T WANT IT with Whitehaven... I don't know If There are any Arkansas Schools that could make money with Whitehaven... No Big West Tenn team Want it With Whitehaven... Where are the Northern Alabama Powers... I'm just messing around but for real USP and Olive Branch should sign the Home/Home contract and get them two Ls Str8 Like That :popcorneater:  

Those Mississippi Schools DON'T WANT IT with Whitehaven... I don't know If There are any Arkansas Schools that could make money with Whitehaven... No Big West Tenn team Want it With Whitehaven... Where are the Northern Alabama Powers... I'm just messing around but for real USP and Olive Branch should sign the Home/Home contract and get them two Ls Str8 Like That :popcorneater:  

Well, sigh, it's a little more complicated then that. Needless to say, the travel games actually solved a lot of issues for Whitehaven. Now, the obvious is rearing it's ugly head!

OB and USP would NEVER sign a home and home contract with Whitehaven. N E V E R.

It's the same reason why Henry County would NEVER sign a home and home with Ridgeway.

So, Whitehaven plays Carver this year. Too bad the team can't travel to Illinois or Missouri to play a good team.

Edited by kwc