AA top 10

knightsfan

For all the Chattanooga area fans, who do you see advancing to the finals in District 7 and who do you think wins it?

Signal Mountain should advance to the District Championship.  Something really weird would have to happen for them to lose to Sequatchie County.  On the other side of the bracket it ought to be a tough game between ND and CCS.  I see ND winning through my shamrock shaped glasses.  I think ND was the better team when they met about three weeks ago, but CCS won that game 1-0 after getting awarded a PK early in the game on a questionable handball in the box.  After getting up, they were able to play even more conservative than usual and hold on for the win.  ND really needs to find the net first to loosen up the CCS defense.

In the District Championship, I would have to give the edge to Signal Mountain.  They are a solid team at all positions and have a very stingy defense.  They are beatable, although it appears that nobody has done it yet this year.

Edited by saw4ND

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is that from seeing both teams play in person in multiple games against various opponents, WH is much more composed than Heritage. They play more as a team. Heritage has speed and some decent ball skill, but they do not play as a unit as far as I can tell.

Did you see both play tonight. Was wishing for a city championship game, but I guess the team that doesn't play as a unit will be the only one from city in it.

I've seen both White House and W.H.H. play this year and this should be Heritage's best chance to beat White House in several years but I'm not sure they can get it done.  White House has trouble scoring but their defense is still really strong and as for the keeper getting a red card, there are not many on this board that would not have gotten one if put in the same position.  The Sycamore player knocked him down in the box and then laid on him to keep him from getting up.  He threw the Sycamore player off him and the Sycamore player got up and started throwing punches with both fists as fast as he could and got off 8 to 10 before the White House keeper was able to get hold of him and tackle him to the ground basically protecting himself.  I've been watching soccer for almost 20 years and I have never seen a player do what the Sycamore player did. It was very disturbing to watch.

I agree with you. The reason for my comment was one of your fans was talking about how bad our boys were and acted. Was really wishing for a city championship.

It wasn't one of my fans, I don't have a dog in the hunt. I'm just a high school soccer fan and watch a lot of Sumner Co. teams. I've seen Station Camp, Hendersonville, White House, W. H. Heritage (Robertson Co.), Gallatin, Merrol Hyde, and Portland all play this year. I've known both Coach Lamberth and Coach Kirby for many years and respect both of them very much as well as both of their assistants who I think are great. I did't get to see the game last night but I was really surprised by the score. Not sure how Sycamore could score 5 against them. I knew White house would have trouble scoring as they have all season but their defense is usually rock solid. Heritage handles Sycamore in the regular season so hopefully you can finish up strong in the tournament. Good luck.

Does high school have stoppage time?

I was using the term "stoppage time" loosely because the goal occurred after the scoreboard was stopped at 2 minutes, but it may have occurred within the 10 minute period.  But yes, there is stoppage time in high school.

Just to be clear I was not implying there was anything wrong about the goal being scored in "stoppage time", I just mentioned it to show how tough of a fight it was.

Did you see both play tonight. Was wishing for a city championship game, but I guess the team that doesn't play as a unit will be the only one from city in it.

I take my heaping of crow and chew it gracefully. Well played WHH. Good luck in the region. I am a general fan of soccer. I stand by my original comments though. If White House had been against Heritage, I still would pick WH. High School sports are not professional. There are so many crazy factors that figure into making through the playoffs. Look at what happened to Goodpasture. Lost 4-0 to Livingston. Then Livingston turns around and plays a great game against Merrol Hyde and only drops by a 1-0 decision. District tournaments is when the magic happens. WHH apparently has not ran short of theirs yet this season.