Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the kids are making decisions for sure. Here is the situation, we have a new school that pulls directly from the SC pool of potential 8th graders freshman to be. 2 good 8th graders are indeed choosing the new school presumably because of the coaching situation. Thats the reason Im not sure about what is going on. It seems like if they knew it was going to be in house they would just have said so. Dragging it out only makes since if you are looking for a big name type hire. I didnt think HS teams really did that I figure its always sort of been a good ole boy type system. In this case Brewers son or co AD/ mayors son atchley would probably workout fine (if egos are in check). Coach Steve Brewer preached (no pun intended) team and being unselfish so if the coachs buy into that which I think they do then egos should be OK. Either way the team is good to go the next 2 years but after that you could have 2 small classes because of the combination of coach leaving and new school opening. The new school may even potentially cause the bears to drop in classification. Which may be a good thing as far as state championship hopes and dreams are concerned.

GoBears!!

GB, I remember some down bears teams after pigeon forge opened. Im afraid same thing will happen with the Kodak school. There are some starters this year that would be at kodak if it had all 4 years going now. They have a really good coach I'd like to see back at SCHS. We will probably drop to 5a in a couple years, but I hope not. When we win state, I want to mairvul along the way.

GB, I remember some down bears teams after pigeon forge opened. Im afraid same thing will happen with the Kodak school. There are some starters this year that would be at kodak if it had all 4 years going now. They have a really good coach I'd like to see back at SCHS. We will probably drop to 5a in a couple years, but I hope not. When we win state, I want to mairvul along the way.

Careful what you ask for. Oak Ridge attest to that.....

Edited by MLREB

How in Sam Hill did they come up with Cougars. The only Cougars around here go to bars at night and chase younger men unless that's the area that their all coming from.

Cougars is the nickname of the elementary school in kodak. And there are lots of cougars chasing younger men out there. They hang out at 6 pockets.

Careful what you ask for. Oak Ridge attest to that.....

Championship wouldn't mean as much if we have to avoid mairvul to get it. Mairvul is the gold ball standard and that's where we want to be, so that's who we have to play. What do you think would of happened of Maryville had played Fulton last year? I think it would of been a close game and would have loved to see it.

Championship wouldn't mean as much if we have to avoid mairvul to get it. Mairvul is the gold ball standard and that's where we want to be, so that's who we have to play. What do you think would of happened of Maryville had played Fulton last year? I think it would of been a close game and would have loved to see it.

I think Maryville slows their offense and Fulton could not stop the Maryville offense. Maryville wins by 3 plus TDs.... I have watched worse defenses at Maryville slow down better offenses than Fulton had last year. The difference is Fulton has never nor did they last year see a diverse offense that Maryville possesses. GQ and coaching staff would have a good day against a team like Fulton.