2014 Class 6A Coaches Poll

AllRegion

Mt. Juliet nearly did in 2012. If it is just a run-exclusive version of the Wing-T, I agree Whitehaven shouldnt lose. But the best Wing-T offenses have learned that you no longer can rely only on the run and consistently win in the playoffs. Hendersonville returns just about everybody at a skill position on offense, as well as some sophomores that should contribute. If they lose games this season, more than likely it will not be because of a failure to put points on the board.

If i'm not mistaken Henedersonville's td against maryville was a deep bomb.

Since we want to discuss the Wing-T, the reason why a team that primarily runs it won't win in 6A is due to the Wing-T PRINCIPALS that can be WRECKED IF your team has the Johnnys and Joes to do it. Controlled Penetration kills the Wing T, period... Its easy to stop if your players are athletic AND discipline... The Final 4 of the TSSAA 6A Playoffs will always have at least 2 teams that have Linemen that fit that bill 

Teams with Wing T offenses have won Georgia’s highest classification seven of the past 10 years.

Since we want to discuss the Wing-T, the reason why a team that primarily runs it won't win in 6A is due to the Wing-T PRINCIPALS that can be WRECKED IF your team has the Johnnys and Joes to do it. Controlled Penetration kills the Wing T, period... Its easy to stop if your players are athletic AND discipline... The Final 4 of the TSSAA 6A Playoffs will always have at least 2 teams that have Linemen that fit that bill

but what if that wing t offense has monsters up front?

Keep runnin that WingT and by the time you face a team that can run and throw.....you will be runners up....one good poppin defense will stop will ground those wings every time.....

We don't run the Wing T. We are a spread option team. But interestingly enough we were a wing t team when we were at our best under meadows. Those offenses put up 30 or 40 points more than a few times. I think any type of offense can work if: it fits your players strengths and weaknesses, everyone knows what they are doing and their role, and you have good coaches and overall team discipline. If you don't have those things you aren't going to win with any offense, but if you do have those things you "Can" win with any offense. Edited by Governors91

Keep runnin that WingT and by the time you face a team that can run and throw.....you will be runners up....one good poppin defense will stop will ground those wings every time.....

Wing-T does not neccessarily mean run-oriented. Mt. Juliet had some teams under Roger Perry that could throw it around better than they could run it