2014 Class 6A Coaches Poll

AllRegion

Agreed. My Govs had their best years running the Wing T under Meadows. They had a very good offense, especially in 07. If I remember correctly in 07 they scored 40 or more twice, 30 or more 3 times, and they scored 20 or more points the rest of the games except for 1, they lost 20-19 to maryville. Not too shabby right? The Wing T, like any offense, can be effective if executed properly. And yes teams can pass alot out of the wing t. If WB had won the title in 07 like they were capable of doing we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

In WB's best year ever (07), they did not run the wing T at all. Meadows and staff switched to a spread in the winter of 2006 because it would better suit the talent coming up in 2007. All those points that were put up were out of the spread. It was a great offense that suited WB's weapons quite well.

Good thing you said this state. You would lose that bet in Georgia and some others. I will bet that if Maryville ran the wing-t they would have won. The wing-t can be run out of many formations,spreading the field and with all the passing game seen with spread teams. Most only recognize a wing-t offense with a TE and wing. The wing-t can be run with no TE's and one or 2 back sets.

Until it is done in Tennessee I will hold to this statement. People always bring up Georgia and Cleveland back in the 90's. Neither are relevant to my statement. In Tennessee it simply has not been done since 1969 at the highest level!! All arguments otherwise are pointless.

A Good Defense and A legit QB wins titles in my opinion... Whitehaven Threw the ball 7 times against Maryville the year after we threw it 25 times against them... Sometimes you can put it all on the Running game but when you start talking about the Wing T, there are certain things that are blown up when you can get controlled penetration...Cross Buck, Buck Sweep, Quick trap, Dives, Triple Option and whatever else is ran from the Wing T will be shut DOWN with Controlled Penetration. You have to SPREAD a defense out sometimes... 

THAT IS THE TRUTH..IF THE D-LINE IS BLOWING UP THE O-LINE...THE WINGT  IS USELESS...THAT MATCHUP WITH MARYVILLE  AND HENDERSONVILLE WAS NOT WORTH THE ADMISSION IMO...

Until it is done in Tennessee I will hold to this statement. People always bring up Georgia and Cleveland back in the 90's. Neither are relevant to my statement. In Tennessee it simply has not been done since 1969 at the highest level!! All arguments otherwise are pointless.

SIGNAL MOUNTAIN RAN IT AND WON A STATE TITLE IN 2010...

I don't believe a scheme will lose a game nor do I think that it will win it either. It has everything to do with the personnel (coaches and players) and the execution. Everything else is just a side item on the menu.

Edited by kwc

I don't believe a scheme will lose a game nor do I think that it will win it either. It has everything to do with the personnel (coaches and players) and the execution. Everything else is just a side item on the menu.

A GOOD COACH CAN TAKE A SCHEME TO FIT HIS PERSONNEL AND WIN....MURYVILLE DON'T HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS BUT HAVE A GREAT COACH WHO PUTS THE SCHEMES TOGETHER THAT BEST FITS HIS PLAYERS..... VERY BALANCED...ON THE OTHER HAND...ANOTHER GREAT COACH WITH GREAT PLAYERS CAN BEAT A TEAM LIKE MURRYVILLE.....IMO QUARLES IS THE BEST COACH AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN TENNESSEE...NOT A TEAM  WITH MULTIPLE D1 PROSPECTS LIKE ALOT OF TEAMS IN MIDDLE AND WEST TN...BUT SEEMS TO FIND AWAY TO WIN....YEA HE GETS HIS CODE CRACKED EVERY NOW AND THEN....BUT NOT VERY OFTEN.....

IMO THE COACHES IN TENNESSEE WHO HOLD THE GOLD STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE ARE FROM ENSWORTH. ALCOA, AND MERRYVILLA...

Maryville was just the superior team, it had nothing to do with the offense that was being run. I keep hearing of ways to stop the wing-t, an while there may be some truth to it, that offense if predicated on movement. While controlled penetration my stop part of it, it plays right into trap and belly. Like any other offense, it really comes down to philosophy, play calling and execution, not necessarily the formation you line up in.

<_<

Bruh, Don't start the foolishness