Farragut @ Oak Ridge

bladerunner

It could be that whoever made the schedule could not work out a game on week zero with said teams. But it looks like this is going to be a permanent excuse for losing. It may help to play in week zero.. But after playing a tough team like DB they cld be let down a little in the second game. Let's hope they are. We just need to be prepared come game time.

Edited by bladerunner

catswild, on 16 Aug 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Did anyone see Farragut last night? Since they beat AC, they must be good. It will be another tough opener. We need to improve a lot in two weeks.

I did not see the game but from the sounds of It AC should have scored a couple times and did not play Fox or Phillips, one of the AC fans said that AC's line dominated and AC doubled Farraguts yardage, I was not there so this is strictly what I was told, but if what I was told is true than I am sticking to my earlier prediction of OR dominating the line of scrimmage and getting the win by around 2 scores Edited by Mav4life

I saw the scrimmage.  AC's line was dominant.  They had 2 long drives down the field the resulted in a interception and a turnover on downs.  Farragut did well on their 1st possession and were stopped on their 2nd.  AC looked good and will be force in the district.  Farragut looked good on offense, but I thought they were slow on D.  

I keep going back and forth on this game...expect both teams to be improved

but from what I have heard, neither have been very impressive in scrimmages.

I think I will go with Farragut in this game because they get to play a game

first and will have the advantage of working out some kinks.

Farragut 24

OR 21

Thank you very much Bounder!  He's a small guy, but making the most of his opportunities.  Yes, we can say he is the only Wildcat to score a touchdown against Maryville this season.

My wife is very excited about the opportunity, but it will make for some awkward moments come the 29th.  

Farragut has to get by DB first, and that is a tough opener, but advantage there to Farragut, getting to play a Week Zero game and making the improvements before coming to Oak RIdge. The Wildcats need to step it up in all areas to be ready for the WIne and Cheese crowd coming to the new bleachers at Blankenship. They have not impressed in scrimmages, and the lines will have to get much better to handle the big lines Farragut has. Last year Oak Ridge lost the game at Fox Den with two critical early turnovers and was unable to recover. General Neyland was always right when he said the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins.