Farragut @ Oak Ridge

bladerunner

I sure don't understand the lack of confidence I'm seeing on here. The Farragut team I watched against DB has a ton of issues. I know having a game under their belts gives them an advantage as to working out the kinks and not being as nervous, BUT.....Farragut is one dimensional. Tanner Thomas is a good back. That is all I saw. They run him and throw screens to him. The other RBs are not scary. The QB missed almost every throw other than the screens. All with virtually no pressure on him. Stop Thomas (easier said than done) and make the QB do something. All those incomplete deep balls...our guys will come down with some of them. My guess is Middleton and company will put some heat on the QB. He will throw it up for grabs. They will have to drive down ORs throats to win. Our BIG question, will our line bring it and how will the QBs play? We have the backs, enough to stay fresh in the heat. Farragut's defense ran out of gas badly. So, can they cover Higgins, Middleton, Bonds, Mitchell, Johnson, Hardy, Anderson, Jackson, Whitt all night long? Can they cover Higgins and Middleton at all? OR kicking game is sound. The Oak Ridge fans are ready to make some noise. And Gaddis wants blood!

No early mistakes and OR wins 35-17

But, then again, you never can tell what will happen on Friday nights.

Edited by OR nole

Farragut, Clinton, Campbell County, Central, Anderson County.  I know you'll say Clinton can't but anytime you have a great QB it could happen. Central has the athletes to beat anybody. Farragut, Campbell County, and Anderson County can definitely beat us.

I appreciate your humility, but Farragut, Clinton and Central cannot beat Oak Ridge this year. Of those three, Farragut probably has the best shot with Clinton coming in second. Campbell County will be your biggest obstacle, IMO.

I sure don't understand the lack of confidence I'm seeing on here. The Farragut team I watched against DB has a ton of issues. I know having a game under their belts gives them an advantage as to working out the kinks and not being as nervous, BUT.....Farragut is one dimensional. Tanner Thomas is a good back. That is all I saw. They run him and throw screens to him. The other RBs are not scary. The QB missed almost every throw other than the screens. All with virtually no pressure on him. Stop Thomas (easier said than done) and make the QB do something. All those incomplete deep balls...our guys will come down with some of them. My guess is Middleton and company will put some heat on the QB. He will throw it up for grabs. They will have to drive down ORs throats to win. Our BIG question, will our line bring it and how will the QBs play? We have the backs, enough to stay fresh in the heat. Farragut's defense ran out of gas badly. So, can they cover Higgins, Middleton, Bonds, Mitchell, Johnson, Hardy, Anderson, Jackson, Whitt all night long? Can they cover Higgins and Middleton at all? OR kicking game is sound. The Oak Ridge fans are ready to make some noise. And Gaddis wants blood!

Our offensive line has shown me nothing in the preseason. Farragut has a very good offensive line. Don't count on their QB to overthrow open receivers every week. I'm worried about this game. I think their running back is quick and very tough.  Their QB has played one more game than ours has, whoever ours is, and neither of ours looked sharp in the scrimmages. I hope you're right though.

I appreciate your humility, but Farragut, Clinton and Central cannot beat Oak Ridge this year. Of those three, Farragut probably has the best shot with Clinton coming in second. Campbell County will be your biggest obstacle, IMO.

Farragut has beaten us 7 of the last 8 times we've played so to imply that they "can't" is pure foolishness. I hate that they have done this and I hope this is the year that we turn that terrible cycle around.

I sure don't understand the lack of confidence I'm seeing on here. The Farragut team I watched against DB has a ton of issues. I know having a game under their belts gives them an advantage as to working out the kinks and not being as nervous, BUT.....Farragut is one dimensional. Tanner Thomas is a good back. That is all I saw. They run him and throw screens to him. The other RBs are not scary. The QB missed almost every throw other than the screens. All with virtually no pressure on him. Stop Thomas (easier said than done) and make the QB do something. All those incomplete deep balls...our guys will come down with some of them. My guess is Middleton and company will put some heat on the QB. He will throw it up for grabs. They will have to drive down ORs throats to win. Our BIG question, will our line bring it and how will the QBs play? We have the backs, enough to stay fresh in the heat. Farragut's defense ran out of gas badly. So, can they cover Higgins, Middleton, Bonds, Mitchell, Johnson, Hardy, Anderson, Jackson, Whitt all night long? Can they cover Higgins and Middleton at all? OR kicking game is sound. The Oak Ridge fans are ready to make some noise. And Gaddis wants blood!

35-17?? I am sorry that I missed the SD scrimmage! We must have really improved. On Middleton, I just hope he stays in good standing until Friday

Farragut has beaten us 7 of the last 8 times we've played so to imply that they "can't" is pure foolishness. I hate that they have done this and I hope this is the year that we turn that terrible cycle around.

No disrespect intended, but the Farragut teams from the last 8 years won't be taking the field next Friday night, so that won't be a factor (other than mental, possibly). I could be wrong, but I'd be extremely surprised.