Blackman / Oakland - ESPN2

mat73557

Yes but the the EastTennessee team who wins year after year -has a much easier road.. We are all just a bunch of creampuffs over here

If the east Tennessee team has such a much easier road then shouldn't west and middle tn teams be more battle tested? You still play the games on the field and middle has never won a 6a championship

If the east Tennessee team has such a much easier road then shouldn't west and middle tn teams be more battle tested? You still play the games on the field and middle has never won a 6a championship

It also could mean the middle and west tn teams have more injuries.............. 

Rumored to be a double header schedule for 2015 & 2016 bewteen Oakland, Blackman, DB, and Maryville. So its not like Maryville and other east tn schools are ducking competition

It's just my opinion.. Check out the powerhouses that we play

I understand. A lot of people don't understand that there are a lot of East TN teams that are good in all classifications but have been over shadowed by the big red Maryville machine. I would wonder how many championships have been won by east middle and West tn since the reclassification

It also could mean the middle and west tn teams have more injuries..............

Rumored to be a double header schedule for 2015 & 2016 bewteen Oakland, Blackman, DB, and Maryville. So its not like Maryville and other east tn schools are ducking competition

It's football and injuries are part of the game. Just because someone thinks an area is better in football doesn't mean it leads to more injuries. I could say maybe they get injuries because they don't know how to tackle correctly or don't hit the weight room hard enough but I know that would not be true

It's football and injuries are part of the game. Just because someone thinks an area is better in football doesn't mean it leads to more injuries. I could say maybe they get injuries because they don't know how to tackle correctly or don't hit the weight room hard enough but I know that would not be true

True, but in a couple of Maryville's semifinal matchups, quarterbacks from the opposing team suffered season-ending type injuries the week before. Stockstill nearly beat Maryville with one leg. Its not Maryville's fault and I believe that you make your own luck, but they have been very fortunate that they have not been on the opposite side of the coin.

East TN Football is better in Class 3A & 4A, while Middle Tennessee is probably better in the lower classes and division II. In reality, it all runs in cycles. Maryville's dominance just happened to come at a time where DB and Oak Ridge both hit a little bit of a down turn. Not Maryville's fault that happened, but there are always going to be people that try to find something to pick at when you have a program like Maryville

True, but in a couple of Maryville's semifinal matchups, quarterbacks from the opposing team suffered season-ending type injuries the week before. Stockstill nearly beat Maryville with one leg. Its not Maryville's fault and I believe that you make your own luck, but they have been very fortunate that they have not been on the opposite side of the coin.

East TN Football is better in Class 3A & 4A, while Middle Tennessee is probably better in the lower classes and division II. In reality, it all runs in cycles. Maryville's dominance just happened to come at a time where DB and Oak Ridge both hit a little bit of a down turn. Not Maryville's fault that happened, but there are always going to be people that try to find something to pick at when you have a program like Maryville

I agree with everything you just said. I use to play for Greeneville when Mayville was in 4a. A lot of ppl hadn't heard of Greeneville till Maryville moved to 6a because we would get put out by them along with everyone else in 4a. I would have stacked them up against any team in the state even when they were 4a. They have proved it by making to the 6a championship ever single year and winning it more often then not

I agree with everything you just said. I use to play for Greeneville when Mayville was in 4a. A lot of ppl hadn't heard of Greeneville till Maryville moved to 6a because we would get put out by them along with everyone else in 4a. I would have stacked them up against any team in the state even when they were 4a. They have proved it by making to the 6a championship ever single year and winning it more often then not

Well and high school football as an actual media market is just now starting to take off. Now fans are exposed teams to all over the state. More often that not, fans know just as much about tennessee high school football as the sportswriters do.

Maryville had their starting QB Patton Robinette go down in the 2010 title game vs Smyrna.

I respect the Murfreesboro teams and Smyrna a lot. I know they are good. What irritates me is hearing all this stuff that the Murfreesboro teams beat each other up while Maryville beats up on a bunch of scrubs and stays rested. When the Rutherford County teams were beating Oak Ridge,Dobyns Bennett,Bearden and Ooltewah in the Semifinals I didn't hear all this stuff. I was hearing then that going through the Rutherford County guantlet prepared them to beat teams like Oak Ridge,Dobyns Bennett,Bearden and Ooltewah in the semifinals. These mid state people are making excuses on Rutherford County teams losing to Maryville every year. I saw a big thread on Volquest about this very same thing.

What is funny about all of this is for years all I heard was Wait till Maryville plays the BIG BOYS. All these people who hated Maryville used to get on the Knoxville Sportstalk show and say they can't wait till Maryville has to play the Murfreesboro Schools. All I heard was how bad the Murfreesboro teams would beat Maryville.