Blackman / Oakland - ESPN2

mat73557

Middle tennessee has better football than the east because they are deeper. That being said, Maryville is the best team in the state and I'm right whether you like it or not. The doubters are stupid. It's there. They win. I ran into someone the other day from Ravenwood who said "if we didn't have to play Blackman in the playoffs than we would have won state." I asked him about Maryville and he said "I saw them play and they didn't look very good." I almost threw a rock at him. Even though I like his confidence, his ignorance of Maryville's success just made him look so stupid. The rebels are good, and even if you don't like them, you cannot ignore them, just they way it is, deal with it.

Edited by LoveForTheGame

Middle tennessee has better football than the east because they are deeper. That being said, Maryville is the best team in the state and I'm right whether you like it or not. The doubters are stupid. It's there. They win. I ran into someone the other day from Ravenwood who said "if we didn't have to play Blackman in the playoffs than we would have won state." I asked him about Maryville and he said "I saw them play and they didn't look very good." I almost threw a rock at him. Even though I like his confidence, his ignorance of Maryville's success just made him look so stupid. The rebels are good, and even if you don't like them, you cannot ignore them, just they way it is, deal with it.

Great post! 

I got to see the Blackman / Maryville game last year. Maryville made big plays at critical times. If they would have played 10 times I would have bet on a 5-5 split. How does Blackman's team compare to last years? I know the QB is back, but how about those 2 linebackers. They were great last year.

I got to see the Blackman / Maryville game last year. Maryville made big plays at critical times. If they would have played 10 times I would have bet on a 5-5 split. How does Blackman's team compare to last years? I know the QB is back, but how about those 2 linebackers. They were great last year.

They lost pretty much their entire front 7. Mosier  went to ETSU and Allen went to Western Kentucky. I forget where Murphy went to. Blackman wont be as good on defense this year, but they will be more explosive on offense

They lost pretty much their entire front 7. Mosier  went to ETSU and Allen went to Western Kentucky. I forget where Murphy went to. Blackman wont be as good on defense this year, but they will be more explosive on offense

So who's a bigger loss, Allen and Mosier or Barrett and Yates? The truth of the matter is both teams lost a lot to graduation. This Blackman team will be like the team from 2012. After the graduation of a stellar defense in 2011 that relied on the offense to outscore the opposition. As for as being more explosive, not real sure about that one. Blackman has to also replace two offensive lineman (one that was All District, All Area, Tennessean All Mid-State and All State and most importantly my son!) a good blocking tight end, as well as a tailback that would run over you or around you, your choice. Leadership in not something you can take for granted and usually varies from class to class. Does the turnover machine rear it's ugly head especially in big games, can the tailback hold onto the ball? Can 4 guys on defense stop anyone?

So the bigger question is not who left but who is left.

What kind of leadership they have coming back? Only time will tell. :popcorneater:

From what I heard Murphy went somewhere for baseball. 

So who's a bigger loss, Allen and Mosier or Barrett and Yates? The truth of the matter is both teams lost a lot to graduation. This Blackman team will be like the team from 2012. After the graduation of a stellar defense in 2011 that relied on the offense to outscore the opposition. As for as being more explosive, not real sure about that one. Blackman has to also replace two offensive lineman (one that was All District, All Area, Tennessean All Mid-State and All State and most importantly my son!) a good blocking tight end, as well as a tailback that would run over you or around you, your choice. Leadership in not something you can take for granted and usually varies from class to class. Does the turnover machine rear it's ugly head especially in big games, can the tailback hold onto the ball? Can 4 guys on defense stop anyone?

So the bigger question is not who left but who is left.

What kind of leadership they have coming back? Only time will tell. :popcorneater:

From what I heard Murphy went somewhere for baseball. 

Blackman is always going to have a solid offensive line as long as David Watson is there. You wont have a platoon situation like you had last year at tailback, Davidson will probably get more the carries. Hardy and Killings give Blackman the ability to go over the top. Both teams lost alot, but they both return alot, or else they wouldnt be favorites to win the gold ball.

Just like last year, ill be suprised if these two teams dont face each other twice

Blackman is always going to have a solid offensive line as long as David Watson is there. You wont have a platoon situation like you had last year at tailback, Davidson will probably get more the carries. Hardy and Killings give Blackman the ability to go over the top. Both teams lost alot, but they both return alot, or else they wouldnt be favorites to win the gold ball.

Just like last year, ill be suprised if these two teams dont face each other twice

I think Watson is acting as the DC this year. You do know that 4 to 5 coaches left after last year that had been there several years? Also don't sleep on Chris Anderson, he runs as hard as Charlie and quick as a hiccup!

I guess I'm just not buying the hype, football games are won within 6 inches of either side of the ball, and I'm not sold on what Blackman had coming back. Oh well I guess time will tell. :popcorneater: