Blackman / Oakland - ESPN2

mat73557

Maryville had their starting QB Patton Robinette go down in the 2010 title game vs Smyrna.

I respect the Murfreesboro teams and Smyrna a lot. I know they are good. What irritates me is hearing all this stuff that the Murfreesboro teams beat each other up while Maryville beats up on a bunch of scrubs and stays rested. When the Rutherford County teams were beating Oak Ridge,Dobyns Bennett,Bearden and Ooltewah in the Semifinals I didn't hear all this stuff. I was hearing then that going through the Rutherford County guantlet prepared them to beat teams like Oak Ridge,Dobyns Bennett,Bearden and Ooltewah in the semifinals. These mid state people are making excuses on Rutherford County teams losing to Maryville every year. I saw a big thread on Volquest about this very same thing.

What is funny about all of this is for years all I heard was Wait till Maryville plays the BIG BOYS. All these people who hated Maryville used to get on the Knoxville Sportstalk show and say they can't wait till Maryville has to play the Murfreesboro Schools. All I heard was how bad the Murfreesboro teams would beat Maryville.

I had forgotten about that. Thanks for bringing it up

At the end of the day, when your the king of the hill, people are going to try to find ways to bring you down. In Riverdale's heyday, there were accusations of recruiting every season almost. 

True, but in a couple of Maryville's semifinal matchups, quarterbacks from the opposing team suffered season-ending type injuries the week before. Stockstill nearly beat Maryville with one leg. Its not Maryville's fault and I believe that you make your own luck, but they have been very fortunate that they have not been on the opposite side of the coin.

Yes Stockstill did nearly beat Maryville ... funny how we never hear how Maryville Lost a Starting LB in the Game before that Siegel game , and also another starting LB went out during the game .... I guess we never hear about that part because we don't have to make excuses , do we ? Tired of hearing how we play a bunch of Powder Puff games while Middle TN is playing against the Titans .... 

Yes Stockstill did nearly beat Maryville ... funny how we never hear how Maryville Lost a Starting LB in the Game before that Siegel game , and also another starting LB went out during the game .... I guess we never hear about that part because we don't have to make excuses , do we ? Tired of hearing how we play a bunch of Powder Puff games while Middle TN is playing against the Titans ....

and then there was that Ref, in the State Championship game. Yeah, we get it.

This is just my opinion. But the best football in Tennessee is played in the middle and West Tennessee

Then why does East Tennessee teams seems to win the championship way more than middle and west. There's not a program in middle TN anywhere near the level of Maryville. And no, I am not a Maryville fan, just an admirer of Coach Quarles and his program.

Then why does East Tennessee teams seems to win the championship way more than middle and west. There's not a program in middle TN anywhere near the level of Maryville. And no, I am not a Maryville fan, just an admirer of Coach Quarles and his program.

The Middle and the West are like the SEC.. they beat each other up  have players out - ETC, ETC, then Struggle in the Bowl games. Just my opionion

The Middle and the West are like the SEC.. they beat each other up  have players out - ETC, ETC, then Struggle in the Bowl games. Just my opionion

But doesn't the SEC win the national championship more often than not? All I've heard from you is what people in east tn like to call excuses. Why don't y'all put up or shut up. My coaches always told me to do my talking on the field and just win.