Blackman / Oakland - ESPN2

mat73557

I think Watson is acting as the DC this year. You do know that 4 to 5 coaches left after last year that had been there several years? Also don't sleep on Chris Anderson, he runs as hard as Charlie and quick as a hiccup!

I guess I'm just not buying the hype, football games are won within 6 inches of either side of the ball, and I'm not sold on what Blackman had coming back. Oh well I guess time will tell. :popcorneater:

Watson also will be coaching the offensive line. I know about Anderson, and I agree he should be a solid backup. Blackman is still pretty solid in the interior of the offensive line, their tackles might be a little bit of a questions mark though. Defensive Line will be good enough to win game. Anything less than 8-2 for Blackman and ill be very suprised

So who's a bigger loss, Allen and Mosier or Barrett and Yates? The truth of the matter is both teams lost a lot to graduation. This Blackman team will be like the team from 2012. After the graduation of a stellar defense in 2011 that relied on the offense to outscore the opposition. As for as being more explosive, not real sure about that one. Blackman has to also replace two offensive lineman (one that was All District, All Area, Tennessean All Mid-State and All State and most importantly my son!) a good blocking tight end, as well as a tailback that would run over you or around you, your choice. Leadership in not something you can take for granted and usually varies from class to class. Does the turnover machine rear it's ugly head especially in big games, can the tailback hold onto the ball? Can 4 guys on defense stop anyone?

So the bigger question is not who left but who is left.

What kind of leadership they have coming back? Only time will tell. :popcorneater:

From what I heard Murphy went somewhere for baseball.

The players Blackman lost are irreplaceable,especially on defense, but you would be hard pressed to find a team that can out score them, and I doubt that they will have any leadership issues as the senior group are very close on and off the field and they genuinely take pride in the underclassmen succeeding as did the seniors from last year, the class of 2014 set a great example and the class of 2015 truly feel like the are indebted to them for the exposure they enabled them to attain, payment for that indebtedness, The Gold Ball!!!!

Watson also will be coaching the offensive line. I know about Anderson, and I agree he should be a solid backup. Blackman is still pretty solid in the interior of the offensive line, their tackles might be a little bit of a questions mark though. Defensive Line will be good enough to win game. Anything less than 8-2 for Blackman and ill be very suprised

We will see my man. I do agree that they should play twice. :popcorneater:

The players Blackman lost are irreplaceable,especially on defense, but you would be hard pressed to find a team that can out score them, and I doubt that they will have any leadership issues as the senior group are very close on and off the field and they genuinely take pride in the underclassmen succeeding as did the seniors from last year, the class of 2014 set a great example and the class of 2015 truly feel like the are indebted to them for the exposure they enabled them to attain, payment for that indebtedness, The Gold Ball!!!!

I do agree, that was a very special bunch of kids that made Friday Nights a lot of fun! Krenk, Shanklin, Jevon Brown, Brandon Armstrong, plus kids like Kent, Gant, Finatti and the list goes on. Many of which were on a very successful Freshman team that gelled together to make a special run toward the ultimate goal.... good times! I told my son standing on the goal line after the Maryville game "thanks for letting me go out as a football parent with this year, it was frickin awesome"! :popcorneater:

I do agree, that was a very special bunch of kids that made Friday Nights a lot of fun! Krenk, Shanklin, Jevon Brown, Brandon Armstrong, plus kids like Kent, Gant, Finatti and the list goes on. Many of which were on a very successful Freshman team that gelled together to make a special run toward the ultimate goal.... good times! I told my son standing on the goal line after the Maryville game "thanks for letting me go out as a football parent with this year, it was frickin awesome"! :popcorneater:

Awesome post MKD! :thumb:

:thumb:

Eye wood like fer my kin (StarRaydur) and buddy myd two braik down Okelund-Blaickmun fer us....... :popcorneater:

Not too good at this Cousin SnB, but Coach Shad does know how to use a good QB and Mr. Jennings is a good one. I would go with coaching -> Blackman, offensive skill -> Blackman (slight edge), Oakland in the trenches and defensively.... I am picking Oakland in the battle for 2nd best team in 6A, Edition 2014.1.

First game of the season, probably a lot of heat cramping & breakfast spewing.

TSSAA Heat Policy - Modifications for Football Competition when the Heat Index is 95°-104°

Officials shall stop the game for a heat time-out at the first dead ball after the halfway point of each quarter. If either team has possession of the ball inside the other team’s twenty yard line, officials may delay this time out until either the offensive team scores or the ball is turned over.

I am giving Blackman the edge in this one because Jennings is that good!  QB experience is so important, especially early in the season.  He has been there and done that already against a better Oakland defense.  Look what he did against Maryville at Maryville.  The Rebels have basically the same defense back again.  It concerns me that Oakland is implementing a new offense with a new QB.  

Blackman by more than people think, maybe three TD's better.

I would be interested in knowing how the players on both teams are handling the ESPN hype?  

I would be concerned about the heat if many players went both ways,  My guess is, not that many.  Should be a great game for Jennings to showcase his talent. Sorry Patriot fans, I just don't see ya'll stopping the Blackman offense.