What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

I may try and sneak to Cookeville tonight and watch. I seen cook. play coffee the other day and I don't really see them beating Livingston. they don't have a bench but they do play really good defense.

Ha, well whaddaya expect when 6 players off of the team last year are gone....of course we aren't exactly 15 deep ha.    I'll say this though, it certainly isn't like the wheels have come off.  7-1 is a decent start, no matter who you play.  I'll be interested to see what happens tonight

Well, my Cavaliers fell short last to LA.   Let me start by saying it was a badly officiated game both ways.  Seemed like first half was all going against us and second half vice versa.  Also I thought they let it get way to rough to the point to where Eldridge got an intentional called on him... should never let a game get that rough... moving on... 

LA pretty much handled us in the first half.  We looked flat ( told you i was worried about the uptick in competition suprising us)  They held a 30-19 halftime lead I believe.  We woke up at halftime and the 3rd quarter was all us.  In the fourth, we had a 4 point and 6 point lead several times and I believe we were still up 1 with a couple minutes left.   After that its just like we went cold... couldn't hit anything. ended up 59-51   Give credit to LA, they hit shots down the stretch and made winning plays.  

I was somewhat encouraged actually by many things I saw.  If we put a whole game together I think we could beat them next time.  Can't start out the game that flat.  

Good teams tend to cause flat starts.. Cookeville has been thru a lot .. Hats off. Loosing so many players one asks what might have been ,then again Cookeville politics and drama tend to usually end all progress.. Ckv girls looked really bad but that is another story..