Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

I have a question I really want an answer to. Rankin says its a 6A school playing a 3A and it showed because we ask a lot of our kids to playing both ways and Maryville doesn't. How can you make that statement when you dress almost 100 kids? Seems to me he made that choice to force your kids to play both ways. You have talent on that bench and yet he chooses not to use it. Alcoa is a 5a football talent they dress more than most 5/6a schools..I never had understood Rankin's coaching when it comes to this

The whole world is afraid to play him till he plays us; then the excuses roll in. Thats how he rolls. Kept repeating "6a 3a; i did a bad job coaching". ???

I will ask this question again.. Why televise this game? What do u gain by watching a powerhouse beat up on a single A team? I mean, Alcoa was never in it. I guess now Alcoa can focus on beating Powerhouses like "Catlick" and Heritage to bring that Single A ball back to Blunt co.

Here you go again. First thing this morning, trying to start trouble. You know good and well Alcoa is 3A! If you didn't think it was worthy of tv then here's a no brainier- don't watch it!!

I think that Fulton could beat Maryville and they would blow Alcoa out by 30 points. They are the real deal.

Then Fulton needs to play Maryville and find out. There will always be this one game everyone can tell you who can win but it's never played. The one thing I can tell you about Maryville is that no way will they do something tacky as score 83 and 84 points on another team and say we played everyone including the drum major. That is called rubbing someone's nose in it and trying to send a message your a bully which they are and as long as they keep doing that they will pick up more and more haters. Eventually they won't find anyone to play them because no team wants to have their program done like that. It's no secrete that you go out the front door you go to AE but if you go out the back door you go to Fulton. I don't have anything against Fulton other than your sending the wrong message for sportsmanship.

My thawts on tha gaim...... :popcorneater:

a. Jaylen Burgess iz a stud

2. Az good a deefencive effurt az eye've seed att 825 inn a while

3. Showt out two Cam Goss-Russell on steppin' upp a playin a good gaim....A star ov tha fewchure

d. Eye thank Coach Ellis, az allways, haz jist abowt figgered out hiz OL.....Looked emprooved ovur weak zeerow

5. Agin #90 iz jist killin' tha bawl on punts and kickofts

6. Ole #43 iz comin' on at RB....Runs hard, haz good spead, and laid sum good blocks fer #28

gee. Hoap #2 iz ok.....He's a vallubull mimburr two this teem

8. Eye look fer Alcoee two winn out

eye. Steal thangs two kleen up and emprove on

10. Knotts West weal bee rested upp and waitin' on us and we haiv one less day two prepair. Bettur brang tha "A" gaim, caws tha onlee thang faistur thain #5 and #7 fer West, is tha Word ov tha Good Lord.....

Edited by STARSNBARS

I have a question I really want an answer to. Rankin says its a 6A school playing a 3A and it showed because we ask a lot of our kids to playing both ways and Maryville doesn't. How can you make that statement when you dress almost 100 kids? Seems to me he made that choice to force your kids to play both ways. You have talent on that bench and yet he chooses not to use it. Alcoa is a 5a football talent they dress more than most 5/6a schools..I never had understood Rankin's coaching when it comes to this

I think that his excuses might matter in some games.  He has a lot of kids on that bench, but the real talent doesn't go that deep, IMO.  Also, a lot of those kids are freshmen.  So, I can understand his excuses.  With that being said, the excuses he gave didn't make any difference in this game.  Maryville dominated their starters from the word go.  Getting tired or it being too hot had nothing to do with Alcoa losing this game.  It had everything with Maryville being bigger, faster, and stronger and with Rankin not being able to come up with a game plan to move the ball against the MHS defense.  Had this game been later in the year then the score would have only been worse because the MHS offense will only get stronger as the season goes on.

Then Fulton needs to play Maryville and find out. There will always be this one game everyone can tell you who can win but it's never played. The one thing I can tell you about Maryville is that no way will they do something tacky as score 83 and 84 points on another team and say we played everyone including the drum major. That is called rubbing someone's nose in it and trying to send a message your a bully which they are and as long as they keep doing that they will pick up more and more haters. Eventually they won't find anyone to play them because no team wants to have their program done like that. It's no secrete that you go out the front door you go to AE but if you go out the back door you go to Fulton. I don't have anything against Fulton other than your sending the wrong message for sportsmanship.

agreed. You don't score 80 points on someone by accident, especially when you consider the mercy rule. If you want to avoid embarrassing someone that bad you can. I think you also have to question Bearden's and Powell's coaches. If you are getting beat by 70 points at halftime why don't you just go ahead and call it a game? Nothing good could come from continuing with a game like that.

I think that his excuses might matter in some games.  He has a lot of kids on that bench, but the real talent doesn't go that deep, IMO.  Also, a lot of those kids are freshmen.  So, I can understand his excuses.  With that being said, the excuses he gave didn't make any difference in this game.  Maryville dominated their starters from the word go.  Getting tired or it being too hot had nothing to do with Alcoa losing this game.  It had everything with Maryville being bigger, faster, and stronger and with Rankin not being able to come up with a game plan to move the ball against the MHS defense.  Had this game been later in the year then the score would have only been worse because the MHS offense will only get stronger as the season goes on.

MR.....Eye weal haiv two uhgree sumwhut....Caws eye down't reemimburr Jaron Toney gettin' tarred when'st he runned Mairvul oft tha feeled inn 2009 bye hisseif...... :mellow:

Edited by STARSNBARS

When your the losing team you need answers fast when the camera's are on and what a better excuse than 3A and 6A. Why not be honest and say there was a lot of break downs and we just couldn't get out of neutral tonight. I personally expected the game to be 28-14 but I didn't expect the mental breakdowns on Alcoa's part to be as much but that had more to do with this game than 3A and 6A. If this is to big of a pond to swim in then maybe they need to go to the shallow end of the pool where it's safe to play the small schools that field thirty players and set the most unbelievable records known to man and show up in Cookeville every year to pick up your trophy for doing so.

I think it comes down to inferior recrootin. We recruited GQ and they recruited Rankin.