CAK at Powell

Govolsknox

Handled it at the building level.

This could not have been handled on a building level. A student reported to their parent which reported to the School Board that the teacher left the classroom during a state assessment for over 10 minutes. Additionally, he admitted to opening the test book while the students were taking the test (immediate grounds for termination in TN). On top of that, he admitted to working individual problems during the test (immediate grounds for termination in TN). He could and should have been terminated immediately else the school system would have come under state review. Knox Co. and the school held out as long as they could giving him paid leave from December-April (causing students not to have a licensed teacher) and then he gave his resignation voluntarily in order to keep his teaching license in TN.

Powell improved this week over last week. Still has a long way to go, but remember this is the fourth coach in four years. Give him some room to get to know the region and his players and let the players have some time to adjust. We opened with two very good opponents. Let's wait a few more games to make a judgement on the season. Clark Duncan went 0-10 his first season at Powell.

They already have looks like.

I watched most of the game online tonight, and Powell looks completely lost offensively. They look like a team that still wants to run the spread (or at least attempt to spread their opponent out), but is stuck trying to run the wing T. The number of penalties were staggering as well. Defensively, they've been dominated by two very good offenses. At this point, I think they will be lucky to win twice this season. Edited by osunut2

47-13 CAK QB7

In fairness, for those who only saw the score and not the game, the score was 47 - 7 until the last play of the game where Powell through a really nice bomb over the top of the CAK 2nd / 3rd team. It was a really nice play and the young Warriors let him get behind them, but the game felt a lot more like 47 - 7 than 47 - 13. Powell had a very nice drive against the 1's to score the first 7..

WAY too many, uncharacteristic penalties against CAK. We have plenty to work on to be ready for next week.

Edited by Govolsknox

In fairness, for those who only saw the score and not the game, the score was 47 - 7 until the last play of the game where Powell through a really nice bomb over the top of the CAK 2nd / 3rd team. It was a really nice play and the young Warriors let him get behind them, but the game felt a lot more like 47 - 7 than 47 - 13. Powell had a very nice drive against the 1's to score the first 7..

WAY too many, uncharacteristic penalties against CAK. We have plenty to work on to be ready for next week.

You really feel the need to point out a 40 point win to a 34 point margin? Does it matter? Usually 2 and 3 team defense will give up a score if the other teams starters are still in. I'm glad Cole Smith played good. I hope he doesn't this week lol and then he can set all kind of passing records from week 3 and on.

You really feel the need to point out a 40 point win to a 34 point margin? Does it matter? Usually 2 and 3 team defense will give up a score if the other teams starters are still in. I'm glad Cole Smith played good. I hope he doesn't this week lol and then he can set all kind of passing records from week 3 and on.

+1, a 47-7 loss does not "feel" any different than a 47-13 loss