Mark Packer is no longer on the air

lessur

If I'm a Farragut fan, and I'm not, I would have been frustrated with the officiating on the that particular drive.  I watched the game on live stream and then went back and reviewed the penalties and in my laymen's opinion they where not penalties.  The rebels may have scored regardless, but those calls definitely helped.  Packer is another story.  As someone said earlier, you may disagree with a call, but the coach should be the one to address it.

17 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

If I'm a Farragut fan, and I'm not, I would have been frustrated with the officiating on the that particular drive.  I watched the game on live stream and then went back and reviewed the penalties and in my laymen's opinion they where not penalties.  The rebels may have scored regardless, but those calls definitely helped.  Packer is another story.  As someone said earlier, you may disagree with a call, but the coach should be the one to address it.

I didn’t leave the game thinking much about officiating... those things tend to even out over 4 quarters. I left thinking: -2 in turnover margin, red zone motion/procedure penalties, minus yardage plays and a critical fumble on a good drive during a good run. Roughing the punter penalty (which is essentially another turnover) which led to a touchdown when Farragut should have been off the field.

The roughing penalty was just an unfortunate break. The kid saw the low snap hit the ground and he tried to be aggressive and make a play... can’t fault him at all.

I left thinking that the coaches could have eased Moore into the game with some high percentage passes early, rather than forcing the ball downfield so early and so often against a very good defense. 

I left thinking, in big games, Maryville executes and they don’t get in their own way. Farragut needs to learn to do the same... and quickly. Science Hill has a very good and elusive QB; if Farragut doesn’t execute, take care of the football and tackle better in the secondary this Friday, the outcome - in a region game - might be similar.

Edited by Former44

Why was Packer down there in the first place? He wasn’t broadcasting the game and if he was working for WVLT, they send a small camera with their guys to shoot highlights. Just seems like he was trying to be what he “thinks” he is, the Grand Pubbah of Knox Football. Glad the White Hat tossed him and didn’t think twice about it. He’s a clown. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gcapride said:

Why was Packer down there in the first place? He wasn’t broadcasting the game and if he was working for WVLT, they send a small camera with their guys to shoot highlights. Just seems like he was trying to be what he “thinks” he is, the Grand Pubbah of Knox Football. Glad the White Hat tossed him and didn’t think twice about it. He’s a clown. 

He was videoing the back judge that threw a flag that gave Maryville half the distance to the goal line. I have no clue what he was going to do with the video.