South Pittsburg Coaching

He was busy getting his colon checked.

I garuntee you I was at that game at copper. I had my durn colon exam a few weeks ago. Our boys were not knocking holes for our runners to run through. Grider needs to give that Moore man some money to buy one of those real nice sleds and make our hole nockers push it everyday. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

Respect is earned.

It doesn't come with a title like coach.

You said it Slice!! I could say a lot more but I'll need a keyboard and not this iPhone. I know the ills of coach bashing and I don't condone it. I've saw too much crap at other places. But my son isn't a spoiled brat expecting a free ride in life. High GPA, worked two jobs during the summer, and has given his all for the mighty Pirates! Some things just need fixed! And for the record, I'm a big fan of Coach Stone. What happened with him leaving is a tragedy for SP football. Don't think I'm just wanting trouble and discontent. I just don't want to see the program suffer more! Kids will leave! Guaranteed! You old pirates and alumni don't necessarily know the whole story of what all has happened this year. We just don't want the "no emotion, no enthusiasm" coaching style to continue. Heck even DW was banned from pre game speeches. And he's one of the best to ever wear orange and black!! A true Pirate! Yet he's been unwelcome under current circumstances. A d#*@ shame. Help solve the issues. This ain't our old days. Some of you don't agree with the words spoken by my son and that's your opinion. But he is not spoiled or feeling entitled. I have worked hard since age 15 and instilled that work ethic in him. He loves the Pirates. As do I. Let's come together and rise up! Whatever helps, I'm behind it 100%. GO PIRATES!!!

You said it Slice!! I could say a lot more but I'll need a keyboard and not this iPhone. I know the ills of coach bashing and I don't condone it. I've saw too much crap at other places. But my son isn't a spoiled brat expecting a free ride in life. High GPA, worked two jobs during the summer, and has given his all for the mighty Pirates! Some things just need fixed! And for the record, I'm a big fan of Coach Stone. What happened with him leaving is a tragedy for SP football. Don't think I'm just wanting trouble and discontent. I just don't want to see the program suffer more! Kids will leave! Guaranteed! You old pirates and alumni don't necessarily know the whole story of what all has happened this year. We just don't want the "no emotion, no enthusiasm" coaching style to continue. Heck even DW was banned from pre game speeches. And he's one of the best to ever wear orange and black!! A true Pirate! Yet he's been unwelcome under current circumstances. A d#*@ shame. Help solve the issues. This ain't our old days. Some of you don't agree with the words spoken by my son and that's your opinion. But he is not spoiled or feeling entitled. I have worked hard since age 15 and instilled that work ethic in him. He loves the Pirates. As do I. Let's come together and rise up! Whatever helps, I'm behind it 100%. GO PIRATES!!!

Well Stated ole boy!!

My only problem was the "disrespect senior" comment.   A proven Coach doesn't have to "respect" any kid.   I think the whole "respect" word has been misused in this society.  Ever heard the saying "respect your elders"?   Respect is earned, true!.  But its earned over time.  No kid in high school deserves "respect".   They deserve to be treated fairly, yes, I agree.   It was just a poor choice of words for me.   I'm almost 50 and I don't "respect" anyone in high school.  I will treat them fairly and not talk down to them (unless it is warranted).  We coddle kids too much these days and it has given them a false sense of entitlement.  

I'm glad I got to play for the Power P and I don't regret moving down here. I've loved it. Just not happy with the way Coach Moore has handled things.

You're possibly the youngest person ever to post on a South Pittsburg thread.  And I must say your inaugural post was a wiz-banger, and I applaud your courage and your American right to express your opinion.  I certainly hope everything works out for the best.

My only problem was the "disrespect senior" comment.   A proven Coach doesn't have to "respect" any kid.   I think the whole "respect" word has been misused in this society.  Ever heard the saying "respect your elders"?   Respect is earned, true!.  But its earned over time.  No kid in high school deserves "respect".   They deserve to be treated fairly, yes, I agree.   It was just a poor choice of words for me.   I'm almost 50 and I don't "respect" anyone in high school.  I will treat them fairly and not talk down to them (unless it is warranted).  We coddle kids too much these days and it has given them a false sense of entitlement.

Amen!!!!!

Sometimes it isn't about the individual, its about the team.  The lotion mess should have been cleaned up.  The leadership on the team should have handled that before a coach even saw it.  If you go to college or join the military, you guys better get that squared away.  I am not talking about the ball playing either, I am talkiing about the game of life.  When you disrespect your coach, you disrespect yourself, your team, your school and your community.  Then again, maybe a Big Mac is more important. 

The leadership problem has been noticeable since day one of this season.  That's one reason I don't put ultimate blame on the coaches.  It was impossible to get one of the Seniors to step up and assume a role of leadership.  The closest they ever got was for a few of them (ranging from Freshmen to Seniors) to point fingers after a blown play.