South Pittsburg Coaching

These three apparently think "being involved" means "being in control/ taking over"! They took over the Rec league & Little League then when their kids moved up they dropped those programs like a bad habit and began their pursuit to taking over the junior high program's only to drop them now that their kids are in high school. The fact that Coach Stone didn't get intimidated & let them take over his team caused them to hold their "special" meetings and eventually cost him his job! As the athletic director Vic needs to handle these guys and quick before they take over (ruin) every sports program at SP only to leave them high and dry when their kids graduate!

Wow, this thread has it all. It is like a sports soap opera. Every guys dream. We have grown ups trashing kids, telling them that the only reason they played was because the team wasn't very good. We are playing the blame game saying it is the coaches fault the team wasn't any good, parents jumping the coaches.

I hope you all realize how foolish this all looks from the outside. I am very surprised that this thread isn't closed already. You do realize that kids read this stuff and if you think it won't affect them then just watch and see. Trust me from a program that has been through much if the same and this is the way it all started with us also. It is a bad road to go down.

As far as the coaches following their kids from little league up, isn't that what the majority of dads do, follow their children from little league up through middle and high school? I would take coach k's kid in a heartbeat . I have seen the Baylor, east Hamilton, rhea, red banks and his boy was hands down one of the best defensive shortstops that there was and one of the best athletes at the middle school levels. Don't know much about the others you mention but I would say and have heard that there is way more to the problem than most of you think that it entailed. I have yet to hear, out of all the reasons for the problems, the reason and who is to blame for most of this. I give you your Lord and Savior..........Victor..........I will explain. Who was it that has passed on hiring coach Stone not one but two times?? None other than your athletic director, mr Grider. Truth is that coach Ross would be your coach had Vic not promised things and then Went back on his promises. There was also a failure to close the deal with coach Creasy. So there was two chances to hire Stone as a head coach and both times it was flubbed. Do you guys sit here and really think coach Moore was the most impressive resume to be chosen from?? A career .500 record at the Pitt? Come on, a program like sp probably had over a hundred applications and I assure you there were some good pedigrees turned in. I really look for coach Moore to resign since he is going to be under so much pressure from mommies and daddies. Good luck getting a quality coach in place, especially if they catch wind of all of this.

Wow, this thread has it all. It is like a sports soap opera. Every guys dream. We have grown ups trashing kids, telling them that the only reason they played was because the team wasn't very good. We are playing the blame game saying it is the coaches fault the team wasn't any good, parents jumping the coaches.

I hope you all realize how foolish this all looks from the outside. I am very surprised that this thread isn't closed already. You do realize that kids read this stuff and if you think it won't affect them then just watch and see. Trust me from a program that has been through much if the same and this is the way it all started with us also. It is a bad road to go down.

As far as the coaches following their kids from little league up, isn't that what the majority of dads do, follow their children from little league up through middle and high school? I would take coach k's kid in a heartbeat . I have seen the Baylor, east Hamilton, rhea, red banks and his boy was hands down one of the best defensive shortstops that there was and one of the best athletes at the middle school levels. Don't know much about the others you mention but I would say and have heard that there is way more to the problem than most of you think that it entailed. I have yet to hear, out of all the reasons for the problems, the reason and who is to blame for most of this. I give you your Lord and Savior..........Victor..........I will explain. Who was it that has passed on hiring coach Stone not one but two times?? None other than your athletic director, mr Grider. Truth is that coach Ross would be your coach had Vic not promised things and then Went back on his promises. There was also a failure to close the deal with coach Creasy. So there was two chances to hire Stone as a head coach and both times it was flubbed. Do you guys sit here and really think coach Moore was the most impressive resume to be chosen from?? A career .500 record at the Pitt? Come on, a program like sp probably had over a hundred applications and I assure you there were some good pedigrees turned in. I really look for coach Moore to resign since he is going to be under so much pressure from mommies and daddies. Good luck getting a quality coach in place, especially if they catch wind of all of this.

The Truth....... finally Prevails.