Oakdale is 3-0!

wpasi

I'm proud of what Oakdale accomplished last night. A lot of hard work, sweat, tears and blood have been poured into the Oakdale football program by the coaches, players and supporters to help them achieve a signature win for Coach Voyles. It is always great to see the small schools and the underdog have success. Oakdale will be a team to contend with in District 4A this season and will make the playoffs for the first time since 1996.

18 years is a long time. Good to see Oakdale having success and getting the big win over OS. That community is full of good people, I'm glad they have something to be proud of on Friday nights. Keep rolling Eagles.

18 years is a long time. Good to see Oakdale having success and getting the big win over OS. That community is full of good people, I'm glad they have something to be proud of on Friday nights. Keep rolling Eagles.

You are right pride,some very good people up there.They take what they have and dont complain as much as the rest of us,they run what they brung and i am very happy for some wins for them.Heck our off date i may take a ride to watch them play!

Congrats to oak dale . But really people let's be real it's way to early to tell how good a team is let's look back in the middle of the season then talk about how good they are

There is only one poster "not keeping it real",the rest of us know how long its been for Oakdale to even have a shot at the playoffs and this yr the have a legit shot.We are just happy for a program that hasnt seen a playoff game in nearly 20 yrs.They are good people up there and some great kids.I see them as most maybe 5 or six wins this yr. Edited by orngnblk

Bullfrog let's examine the district. I do not expect Oakdale will beat Oneida or Coalfield, I do think they have a legit shot at sunbright and Wartburg & I think they will win the Jellico game. Now if I'm right on only part of this, let's say they they beat Jellico and win either sunbright or wartburg ( or any combination you would like to use but I think they have a very real shot at getting 2 of those 3 if not all 3) then they would end up with no less than 5 wins and they do have a couple more OOD games on the schedule so in reality they could realistically end up in the 6 win area, maybe 7. Given the current playoff system 5 wins may get you in, 6 almost certainly will & 7 is virtually a sure thing. I don't expect anyone is beating on you for not agreeing with anyone, I just think folks are looking at the season ahead as a whole and making a legit case for the possibility of Oakdale playing in November this season. It certainly is not guaranteed but is just as certainly a very real possibility.

Greenback might be the favorite in 1A period!

Go Big O! Cheering for Oakdale all season......

And ChrisBurr555555.."Greenback might be the favorite in 1A period!"  ..Man lay off the happy pills or Holy Wine.....I've seen Union City in person , am at every Nashville Christian game, seen Columbia Academy play.....trust me, any of the 3 would stomp a mud hole in Greenback and then walk it dry. UC would probably beat Alcoa. They are just that talented and well coached.

Edited by kenmynattcpa

And ChrisBurr555555.."Greenback might be the favorite in 1A period!"  ..Man lay off the happy pills or Holy Wine.....I've seen Union City in person , am at every Nashville Christian game, seen Columbia Academy play.....trust me, any of the 3 would stomp a mud hole in Greenback and then walk it dry. UC would probably beat Alcoa. They are just that talented and well coached.

Beat Alcoa, talk about happy pills! :lol::roflol::lol:

Doctor must have you on some pretty good medication for you to think you're even on the same playing field as Alcoa. UC is solid but nobody is on the level that Alcoa and Maryville are on.

Crow.....slipped some Ju-Ju smoke at CB5555.  UC may be the King of the Hill in 1A, but Alcoa would spank them like my daddy used to do with us boys! (now it's called child abuse)  I, like you, am keeping the Oakdale wins in perspective.  I'll say this, it is nice that that community has had a rallying point this Fall.  Them kids, the few that they have, are doing a fine job representing their community.  Hats off to them.

Kaz

And ChrisBurr555555.."Greenback might be the favorite in 1A period!" ..Man lay off the happy pills or Holy Wine.....I've seen Union City in person , am at every Nashville Christian game, seen Columbia Academy play.....trust me, any of the 3 would stomp a mud hole in Greenback and then walk it dry. UC would probably beat Alcoa. They are just that talented and well coached.

I agree about NCS and Union City beating Greenback or anyone else in the east badly. I don't think Columbia Academy is anything special though. Good QB, but they play zero defense. Edited by TheAmbassador