Week 4: Oneida @ Greenback

crow

TOYOTAMAN, Lambert ain't much on trickeration, his idea of a trick play is a forward pass :lol:

We're still thinking the forward pass is like mullets & parachute pants, just a fad, & will soon enough fade away :roflol:

Oh believe me Mr crow that Lambert man aint afraid to throw a fake punt at the Mighty Cherokees(remember 2012 up there almost scored on it and did set up a score,their only score in that game).I will have to say if any team has been able to "throw a monkey wrench" in TLs D plan its been the Cherokees against his D we average better than 30 points a game since his return.Credit Coach Hicks!Gentlemen i am of course going with the Mighty Cherokees at home.21-14 in a good one.Mr Anderson has been pretty quiet and i look for him and the rest of the O to wake up tommorow night!WTD! Edited by orngnblk

Coach Lambert has been working on the Sleeper Hold Defense....it was devised to put or keep opponents from waking up until the game is over.  Rockwood slipped out of the hold with four minutes to go in the game.  He has since worked on keeping the hold in though four quarters....! :thumb: Mr. Anderson and company are clearly on the radar screen in the Bunker....we'll do our best to account for everyone.  I would think we are going to see some field goal attempts.....whether they go through or not depends on how close the offenses get them.  I'd say Couch should be able to convert most that get at or around the 30.  How far does GB have to get to try their kicker's leg?  Expecting a good game.

Kazzer

Coach Lambert has been working on the Sleeper Hold Defense....it was devised to put or keep opponents from waking up until the game is over. Rockwood slipped out of the hold with four minutes to go in the game. He has since worked on keeping the hold in though four quarters....! :thumb: Mr. Anderson and company are clearly on the radar screen in the Bunker....we'll do our best to account for everyone. I would think we are going to see some field goal attempts.....whether they go through or not depends on how close the offenses get them. I'd say Couch should be able to convert most that get at or around the 30. How far does GB have to get to try their kicker's leg? Expecting a good game.

Kazzer

52 yrder in preseason hes pretty accurate!Not too many make them out of the end zone either on kickoffs. Edited by orngnblk

I'm assuming your meaning the 40 yard line?  I'd hate to see a kid that is accurate on 60 yard field goals. (UT better sign him up) :thumb: Our kicker has a good leg and usually kicks it pretty true.  We have had issues with snap and hold this year and I know they are working hard to iron that out.  I'm sure they burnt a lot of reps with that group this week to get it tightened up.  If it gets back and down then Couch can hit them imo.  All them pieces have to get in sync though......duh.  Fun NOT having to game plan for this one......bet them coaches have had a couple of sleepless nights this week.

Kazaleen

I'm assuming your meaning the 40 yard line?  I'd hate to see a kid that is accurate on 60 yard field goals. (UT better sign him up) :thumb: Our kicker has a good leg and usually kicks it pretty true.  We have had issues with snap and hold this year and I know they are working hard to iron that out.  I'm sure they burnt a lot of reps with that group this week to get it tightened up.  If it gets back and down then Couch can hit them imo.  All them pieces have to get in sync though......duh.  Fun NOT having to game plan for this one......bet them coaches have had a couple of sleepless nights this week.

Kazaleen

Yes,fixed it.He is a four yr starter one of the best in the state.Leader in Blount county right now so that says alot!

Our K has hit 47 & 48 as a junior in preseason & this year in practice but as kazzy alluded there have definitely been some challenges in game situations. My hopes are we are just kicking a lot of PAT's and y'all are kicking a lot of 52 yarders, that would make me feel a lot better.

Our K has hit 47 & 48 as a junior in preseason & this year in practice but as kazzy alluded there have definitely been some challenges in game situations. My hopes are we are just kicking a lot of PAT's and y'all are kicking a lot of 52 yarders, that would make me feel a lot better.

This is the same kid that won the OT game with you all down here as a Freshman first FG he ever kicked,there wasnt no pressure in that game.LOL!Tore his ACL spring of Soph season and his twin sister ki ked for us till the GCA game and i think she only missed one or two and we put up alot of points in 2012.She hit 3 of 4 against you all up there if im not mistaken. Edited by orngnblk

Our kicker is looking for a comeback game. He struggled a bit last week. Had some changes in the snap/hold/kick arrangement due to injury, but the team is working that out now. But no excuses. He missed 'cause he missed. No one to blame but himself, and he'd be the first one to say so.

Couch is a good kicker. I've met him and his dad before. Looked like he had some troubles early against Watertown. Couldn't tell what it was from the film, bad snap, bad hold, low kick... no idea.

I'm certain he'll work it out too.

He was also pretty accurate last year on field goals.....I believe he was 10 made on 12 attempts. Those two misses were in the same game (Watertown), so in all the other games he was perfect for the year.  Don't know what he was on PAT's.  He hasn't come out of the gate as well this year but you know he can get it going once we get it back and down.  I expect this will get sharper as we go along.....heck, Coach Lambert ain't going to settle for excuses.  The thing that has me the most worried (believe it or not, I do worry) :huh: is broken pass plays.  When the QB buys more time it seems we fail to keep receivers in front of us.  Watertown converted a 3rd and 16 on such a play and Rockwood's QB bought a little extra time by drifting until Long came open behind the defense on the 70 yard pass play for a TD.  Our backs have to recognize the deep threat and run with them because by the time the ball is in the air, it's too late to recover.  Otherwise.....the kids have played very well up til this point.

Kaz