Week 4: Oneida @ Greenback

crow

I'll take our District 3 rivals in this one. Greenback at home is a tough one to crack. I haven't seen anything on the injured player for GB, any updates?

Its pretty much a tossup,an injury report would make it much easier, another thing is the transfer from Alcoa,he might just be a difference maker. I do know the Kee's better brace for some physical football. Them Injuns will bring the pain. I'm thinking Oneida but I sure wouldn't bet the farm on it.

On another note gcapride, I'm thinking you fellerS may just be the team to beat in the East.

Its pretty much a tossup,an injury report would make it much easier, another thing is the transfer from Alcoa,he might just be a difference maker. I do know the Kee's better brace for some physical football. Them Injuns will bring the pain. I'm thinking Oneida but I sure wouldn't bet the farm on it.

On another note gcapride, I'm thinking you fellerS may just be the team to beat in the East.

I think it's going to be similar to last year. Oneida couldn't keep up with the speed of the Kees(across the field). BUT, we don't know who's injured and what impact that will have on the game. I'm going with Greenback until more info is available.

As for GCA, it will depend on how the season goes. We need better production out of the QB position. He's improving week to week, so that's a great sign.

The "transfer" from Alcoa is funny, especially since that's what we get hammered on. OnB, I respect you and hope you take that comment tounge in cheek!

I think it's going to be similar to last year. Oneida couldn't keep up with the speed of the Kees(across the field). BUT, we don't know who's injured and what impact that will have on the game. I'm going with Greenback until more info is available.

As for GCA, it will depend on how the season goes. We need better production out of the QB position. He's improving week to week, so that's a great sign.

The "transfer" from Alcoa is funny, especially since that's what we get hammered on. OnB, I respect you and hope you take that comment tounge in cheek!

He was originally a GB kid had to move with his dad.So he just came back home:)Havnt found anything out on injury.

He was originally a GB kid had to move with his dad.So he just came back home:)Havnt found anything out on injury.

Glad you didn't take it the wrong way. Most of our "transfers" come in as Freshmen, the others have to give up one of their 4 years of eligibility. Good luck this week. Can you tell us who was injured? Or is that still hush, hush? I understand either way.

Our injury report is pretty open. #2 is what it is, other than that we're mostly healthy. He's a huge asset to lose but there are a bunch of guys in the wings (no pun intended). Just gotta step up, on field leadership is improving but still needs improvement. Is anyone gonna be "that guy" on the field? We will see but the weeks are ticking by. Several are doing it in some situations but we need it all the time. I think that will have more impact on the game for us than injuries at this point.

OB.....we down to 17% in Big Ones Contest......looks like your the favorite.  Of course, we'll bring the Horsemen and try to even that out a little bit.  We ain't eye candy, but very hard working crew coming your way.  I think our DT's will be every bit as disruptive as Stewart....now that we have them back in the fold.  You can go right or left and they will be there.  7 points we have given up since #40 returned, I'm betting this gives us a better than 17% chance.

Kaz

I'm in that 17%, I think it could go either way but I'm from Scott so I gotta pick the hometown team, lol. ;) Seriously though I'm surprised how GB struggled with Coalfield, I was constantly checking Twitter and the Coach T scoreboard and was very surprised. Pre-game I would've guessed around 35-14 or 28-7 GB. I was tied for 1st in the big ones contest but I didn't use the "Standings" week 3(Don't know most the teams) and felt like I was cheating so I just picked randomly by name which didn't work out. I'll give the TSSAA playoff pick em a try again I finished 7th last year overall, I used common oppenents and regular seaon scores to pull that off, thanks to this site :)

I think if OHS can run the ball decently and slow the clock and GB down offensively they have a chance but imo they can't get into a shoot out.

Glad you didn't take it the wrong way. Most of our "transfers" come in as Freshmen, the others have to give up one of their 4 years of eligibility. Good luck this week. Can you tell us who was injured? Or is that still hush, hush? I understand either way.

Im sure its an open report also,Soph DB.I dont go to practices anymore since i dont have a child on the team.Also dont like to speculate about injuries unless i have facts.I hope it wasnt season ending this kid is a 200 pounder his dad was a very good GB player as well,those second generation kids play hard(dont like to let dad down)lol!Im very excited to see how we come out in the first half of this game.GB has a very good coaching staff and i expect them to have the kids ready for the Indians.The Cfield game has been a roller coaster for yrs BUT coach Hicks staff has done something the prior didnt and that is he is 2-1 against them right now.I was a little hard after the game Fri,but as long as we win that is all that counts!We have to improve every week and i read were the staff thought they did improve after that game so im in.This game will show us exactly were we are as a physical football team and i expect nothing less.Play up or play down-just win baby!WTD.I have a feeling this is going to be one of those "classics". Edited by orngnblk

Im sure its an open report also,Soph DB.I dont go to practices anymore since i dont have a child on the team.Also dont like to speculate about injuries unless i have facts.I hope it wasnt season ending this kid is a 200 pounder his dad was a very good GB player as well,those second generation kids play hard(dont like to let dad down)lol!Im very excited to see how we come out in the first half of this game.GB has a very good coaching staff and i expect them to have the kids ready for the Indians.The Cfield game has been a roller coaster for yrs BUT coach Hicks staff has done something the prior didnt and that is he is 2-1 against them right now.I was a little hard after the game Fri,but as long as we win that is all that counts!We have to improve every week and i read were the staff thought they did improve after that game so im in.This game will show us exactly were we are as a physical football team and i expect nothing less.Play up or play down-just win baby!WTD.I have a feeling this is going to be one of those "classics".