Week 4: Oneida @ Greenback

crow

I agree....and regardless of what the coverage is the safety should never allow a free running receiver behind them even out of play action.  They are over the top defenders....the last line of defense, so they have to be more aware of players coming at them and the route the receiver is running.  Also, our pressure on the passer on the two plays I mentioned was not great.  A QB under pressure and hurried is not going to make such an accurate pass under that kind of duress.  The safeties certainly take the role of the goat on such plays, but the whole defense has the responsibilty of keeping the end zone clean.

Kaz

I agree....and regardless of what the coverage is the safety should never allow a free running receiver behind them even out of play action.  They are over the top defenders....the last line of defense, so they have to be more aware of players coming at them and the route the receiver is running.  Also, our pressure on the passer on the two plays I mentioned was not great.  A QB under pressure and hurried is not going to make such an accurate pass under that kind of duress.  The safeties certainly take the role of the goat on such plays, but the whole defense has the responsibilty of keeping the end zone clean.

Kaz

Here is something Ironic,our QB is second in Blount is the QB catagorie and #1 in the int catagorie at OLB.As a unit they have a number of Picks,so i expect the old grind it till you find it type game!

Here is something Ironic,our QB is second in Blount is the QB catagorie and #1 in the int catagorie at OLB.As a unit they have a number of Picks,so i expect the old grind it till you find it type game!

You act like being ranked in Blount County in stats is something really special. Y'all must have some pretty good teams over that way...lol

Our kicker is looking for a comeback game. He struggled a bit last week. Had some changes in the snap/hold/kick arrangement due to injury, but the team is working that out now. But no excuses. He missed 'cause he missed. No one to blame but himself, and he'd be the first one to say so.

Couch is a good kicker. I've met him and his dad before. Looked like he had some troubles early against Watertown. Couldn't tell what it was from the film, bad snap, bad hold, low kick... no idea.

I'm certain he'll work it out too.

Our GB kicker is just the type of player that will take the blame for the misses last week, but a lot of the blame can go to the injured holder, lol. Nothing against the backup holder because he is a versatile player as well. He just got rotated to the holder and I believe he had to be replaced as the snapper and they just weren't all together since I assume they had little if any practice in those positions. But they will all get that worked out this week and I assure you will not miss a beat this Friday. I have came to the realization that the kick/hold/snap combination is just as important as the QB position. The only difference is the QB touches the ball every offensive play and the other combo has much more limited action. They can take or leave points on the line with every "play". They have to be clutch with little to no room for error. The timing, angle of ball placement, etc. are crucial. So if anyone is to blame we'll just blame that guy called "injury"! We have an awesome kicker that just got caught up in circumstances. This should be a great game, just wish we had everyone available. Even with the injuries I like GB at home with this Senior class laying it all on the line for this season. We have the absolute best player chemistry and this team truly is an unselfish, smart, band of brothers trying to get it done!

Our GB kicker is just the type of player that will take the blame for the misses last week, but a lot of the blame can go to the injured holder, lol. Nothing against the backup holder because he is a versatile player as well. He just got rotated to the holder and I believe he had to be replaced as the snapper and they just weren't all together since I assume they had little if any practice in those positions. But they will all get that worked out this week and I assure you will not miss a beat this Friday. I have came to the realization that the kick/hold/snap combination is just as important as the QB position. The only difference is the QB touches the ball every offensive play and the other combo has much more limited action. They can take or leave points on the line with every "play". They have to be clutch with little to no room for error. The timing, angle of ball placement, etc. are crucial. So if anyone is to blame we'll just blame that guy called "injury"! We have an awesome kicker that just got caught up in circumstances. This should be a great game, just wish we had everyone available. Even with the injuries I like GB at home with this Senior class laying it all on the line for this season. We have the absolute best player chemistry and this team truly is an unselfish, smart, band of brothers trying to get it done!

A team I'll never forget was the 2001 Greenback bunch.Absolute great bunch of young men. If these young men can match the charactor of that bunch,you've got something to be proud of.

A team I'll never forget was the 2001 Greenback bunch.Absolute great bunch of young men. If these young men can match the charactor of that bunch,you've got something to be proud of.

pujo they are,this is the last bunch i had the priviledge to coach with in our youth league.This bunch is the most selfless of all,and thats hard for me to say since my son was part of this group till last yr,but they had a couple of well lets say characters that got us some yellow flags when we didnt need them.This group is a great bunch!I really hope we can stay as injury free as possible.I know some say the east is real weak but if these kids ever hit their stride some folks will take notice.There is some real talent on this team.Ambassador i am not saying we can play with UC,i do think they are at a different level right now.But that is why we strap them on every week-you just never know. Edited by orngnblk

Easy ladykee TMI.These guys try to steal our secrets and you will make that Hicks man real mad!LOL. Edited by orngnblk

pujo they are,this is the last bunch i had the priviledge to coach with in our youth league.This bunch is the most selfless of all,and thats hard for me to say since my son was part of this group till last yr,but they had a couple of well lets say characters that got us some yellow flags when we didnt need them.This group is a great bunch!I really hope we can stay as injury free as possible.I know some say the east is real weak but if these kids ever hit their stride some folks will take notice.There is some real talent on this team.Ambassador i am not saying we can play with UC,i do think they are at a different level right now.But that is why we strap them on every week-you just never know.

It doesn't matter how weak the east is, getting the shot at the title is what all of us would like to have. I know you feel the same way. I'm tired of the east is weak, the west is weak crap. I agree with what you said, that's why you play each week. I remember about 4 years ago (I think, might be off) that a very good SP team went to Cookeville and got beat by UC and that transfer kicker they shipped across the Atlantic. I've read on here many times that O&B has said they're HS kids, you never know what's going thru their heads.

In my opinion, the east isn't weak until they get blown out in December in Cookevillle. Same goes for the West.

It doesn't matter how weak the east is, getting the shot at the title is what all of us would like to have. I know you feel the same way. I'm tired of the east is weak, the west is weak crap. I agree with what you said, that's why you play each week. I remember about 4 years ago (I think, might be off) that a very good SP team went to Cookeville and got beat by UC and that transfer kicker they shipped across the Atlantic. I've read on here many times that O&B has said they're HS kids, you never know what's going thru their heads.

In my opinion, the east isn't weak until they get blown out in December in Cookevillle. Same goes for the West.

Yep like the good old classic movie "Dumb and Dumber" wben he asked the girl what his chances were,her answer was 1 in a million and his answer was so your sayin theres a chance!There is always a chance for sure but the season is still long and have to take care of this Oneida bunch first!(hopefully).