Week 4: Oneida @ Greenback

crow

Yeah, well that bullet hit #2 up here. :huh:  He was having a wonderful start without having to lug that dang club around.  I can't remember when I wished a kid had just run out of bounds, but in this case, I sorta wished he had.  Thats how they are taught.....gain every possible yard. 

We got some new stuff coming at ya this year.....West was a fighter jet....this year we bringing a sherman tank the Head Coach affectionately calls Bam-Bam.  One on One, you might be better served getting out of the way.  I believe he sent two Purple Tigers to the sidelines after running over them.

Kazzator

I'm in that 17%, I think it could go either way but I'm from Scott so I gotta pick the hometown team, lol. ;) Seriously though I'm surprised how GB struggled with Coalfield, I was constantly checking Twitter and the Coach T scoreboard and was very surprised. Pre-game I would've guessed around 35-14 or 28-7 GB. I was tied for 1st in the big ones contest but I didn't use the "Standings" week 3(Don't know most the teams) and felt like I was cheating so I just picked randomly by name which didn't work out. I'll give the TSSAA playoff pick em a try again I finished 7th last year overall, I used common oppenents and regular seaon scores to pull that off, thanks to this site :)

I think if OHS can run the ball decently and slow the clock and GB down offensively they have a chance but imo they can't get into a shoot out.

Were on the same page,one more thing that may make a difference is quality depth.

Yeah, well that bullet hit #2 up here. :huh:  He was having a wonderful start without having to lug that dang club around.  I can't remember when I wished a kid had just run out of bounds, but in this case, I sorta wished he had.  Thats how they are taught.....gain every possible yard. 

We got some new stuff coming at ya this year.....West was a fighter jet....this year we bringing a sherman tank the Head Coach affectionately calls Bam-Bam.  One on One, you might be better served getting out of the way.  I believe he sent two Purple Tigers to the sidelines after running over them.

Kazzator

Hate to hear it. I hate to hear it for any of these kids. We already have one senior out for the season with an ACL. It's a miserable thing to happen for any of these kids, and I get a sick feeling in my gut every time ANY player goes down and doesn't immediately bounce back up, especially when the trainer starts looking at the knee. One of those things, but never easy to deal with, friend or foe. Just like most teams, Greenback has had more than it's share of these injuries. It sucks, and I wish I understood why we're getting so many of them. In my playing days (mid 80s) you just didn't see much of it. Call it misdiagnosis due to improved MRI techniques, or examine what all has changed since then: playing surfaces, shoes, cleat length, physical size of players. Or maybe some combination.

There are certainly worse things in life. But for a high school senior to work that hard, love the sport, and then lose it all on a single play--that's tough love indeed.

That good to hear J34.....I assume they take precautions to shield him from contact during the week.  I told OB as long as that boy has two legs that work you can't take C-town for granted.  I know the cupboard is thin, but you all still have some dangerous tools to work with and the GB game just solidified my thinking.  Most people were expecting a blow out, but when they gave the halftime score up in Oneida it didn't surprise me one bit.

Kazzy

I'm not sure if this is the first score prediction but I'm going to throw mine out there.  After much consideration of the two teams I think my Indians have the ingredients to pull off the upset. (if you want to call it that)  We have a strong defense with an excellent DC, a ball control offense that is capable of sustaining drives, and reason to show up ready to play (last year still stings)(heck, every year does!!)  GB is very good and our coaching staff is obviously aware of that, I just think there are things there that we can exploit.

Oneida - 27

Kees - 17

Kazakookoo :thumb:

Were on the same page,one more thing that may make a difference is quality depth.

Yeah there going to have to force GB to play at their tempo. That "Coach Jack Diggs" basic smash mouth defense, keep the clock rolling, coming at you with the run game and "maybe" slip a few passes in there when they get a good chance like in short yardage 2nd down plays if possible. If I was OHS and I made to the GB 30 I'd forget the field goals and keep the offense on the field. Field position, special teams and everything in between is going to matter in this one, imo.

Yeah there going to have to force GB to play at their tempo. That "Coach Jack Diggs" basic smash mouth defense, keep the clock rolling, coming at you with the run game and "maybe" slip a few passes in there when they get a good chance like in short yardage 2nd down plays if possible. If I was OHS and I made to the GB 30 I'd forget the field goals and keep the offense on the field. Field position, special teams and everything in between is going to matter in this one, imo.

Sounds like a good game plan to me. I'd say it will take all of 4 quarters to crown the winner.

It has taken me a while to make my mind up on this one. I, like many of you think it could go either way. I am leaning toward Oneida. I have lots of respect for both programs but........ I just think Lambert finds a way to to hold GB in check. It may be a timely faked punt or some "TRICKERATION" (not sure if that is a real word). Just hope both teams come out healthy. Good luck to both.