Whitehaven hasn't fallen off, teams are stronger now!

coach10ac

I heard we were planning on it.

and BBD i mean no offense...i just dont think we gave u guys the competition u were looking for...i would love to continue the matchup but we are still a few years away from being able to do what BA does year in and year out...but with open enrollment now in madison co...maybe well be there soon

I don't think the games were easy. I know one thing we learned in a big way during that game...We had to work on special team because you guys burned us a few times and you had the most team speed of anyone we have played this year so far. St x scored 2 Tds on really bad turnovers by BA and that game could have been a 28-7 Type of score. ....so you guys did as well against us as anyone we have played this year . I think you guys could have put up another touchdown or two as well. So I don't feel that way

and BBD i mean no offense...i just dont think we gave u guys the competition u were looking for...i would love to continue the matchup but we are still a few years away from being able to do what BA does year in and year out...but with open enrollment now in madison co...maybe well be there soon

You are right owlbooster. Playing the game will decide.....We both have tough matchups this Friday and I have no idea what to expect from either matchup. MBA always plays us tough , we are coming off a big emotional win and I just don't have a good read on MBA. I was at our 9th grade game this week at BA versus MBA and I overheard a few of the dad's talking about the Baylor game and saying MBA was the better team. This year it seems d2 is tight from 1-6. I think father ryan is not an easy out as well. They hit BA as hard as anyone I have seen play us. They didn't do much but we sure didn't either. A lot of big hits in that game.

Anyways I will be in the stands and following the MUS game on my phone so good luck to you guys.

I watched the entire MBA-Baylor game and also thought MBA was the better team.  But they couldn't "close the deal"

or getting a waiver because a certain school has Russian.

♪♫♪♫I know who you're talkin bout...♪♫♪♫

admirals_farragut_boys_varsity_soccer_sp

???....people keep talking about discipline. .. tell me a game on any level where no one gets penalties. .. but I guess they don't get them out east. .. at least not til they play a team from the west there by causing them to lose. ..if you have bad matchups against a team and they find ways to play toward that, you will lose. Playing aggressive but being smart will keep you in games...this is not a inner city or rural area thing. ..kids withheart and coaches with and open mind. ..

kwc and bhs and even galilee if he is around...why does whitehaven play mitchell...it seems a waste of a game for a 6a contender to play a middle of the pack 2a team...i realize its very hard to fill a schedule with tons of local teams "ducking" u...but why them...why not trezevant...or better yet...why not my team liberty tech out of jackson???  i personally think that would be one heck of a football game and we would give u a run for ur money as far as athlete for athlete goes...depth would be in ur favor...but i would pay to see that game...

does whitehaven play their starters in that game with mitchell??? 

dhstennis:

The first game of the year for the past five years has been the Whitehaven Classic. The Whitehaven Classic involves six teams that are either in the community of Whitehaven or they border the community. Those schools are Whitehaven, Fairley, Hillcrest, Westwood, Hamilton, and Mitchell. The administrators of the WC have seen fit to pit Whitehaven against Micthell the past few years. It's a community rivalry thing that features three games. The gate benefits all of the schools involved. It's a big payday for some teams that wouldn't neccessarily have that type of gate or exposure. Although Mitchell is a 2A school, that game isn't a cakewalk. Don't let their record fool you. If you go look at all of their out-of-district opponents ... they are against good large school football teams. They are the underdog in all of them. They play them tough ... but numbers and attrition usually catches up to them. That first game of the season against Whitehaven is competative. Our starters played ... and they played most of the game.

and now the tinypig/kwc feud

tinypig, u said there were several teams with the disciplinary issue...then u specifically mentioned trezevant

Whew.....is reading comprehension really that difficult?  Try getting a grasp on that before specifically calling someone out.

I have seen some of the most athletic teams I have ever seen at the state championships. Most were from Memphis, but  a few were BY FAR the most undisciplined teams I have ever witnessed. Trezevant comes to mind....

I'm really not sure why everyone likes putting words in my mouth.  If you would prefer to re-read my actual post, please refer to page 6 of this thread.

the fact still is head to head Whitehaven vs Maryville is 1-1...

Maryville has been in 6A for 5 years, and they've made it to the championship every year.  Your record against them would be worse if you had actually been good enough to make it each year.  This prediction method doesn't always work, but judging from the results over the past 5 seasons, your record would probably be 1-4 or 2-3 at best. 

In 2009, WHS lost to White Station which then beat Maryville = Toss up

2010, WHS lost to Smyna which then lost to Maryville = Maryville would have probably won

2011, WHS lost to Maryville = Maryville wins

2012, Maryville lost to WHS = Whitehaven wins

2013, WHS lost to White Station, which lost to Hendersonville, which lost to MHS = Maryville probably wins

Generally speaking, if you aren't good enough to make it to the championship game, you aren't good enough to beat Maryville.

You're just fortunate your path doesn't have to go through 7-AAA anymore.......WHS never made it past that point in the road.

Maryville has been in 6A for 5 years, and they've made it to the championship every year.  Your record against them would be worse if you had actually been good enough to make it each year.  This prediction method doesn't always work, but judging from the results over the past 5 seasons, your record would probably be 1-4 or 2-3 at best. 

In 2009, WHS lost to White Station which then beat Maryville = Toss up

2010, WHS lost to Smyna which then lost to Maryville = Maryville would have probably won

2011, WHS lost to Maryville = Maryville wins

2012, Maryville lost to WHS = Whitehaven wins

2013, WHS lost to White Station, which lost to Hendersonville, which lost to MHS = Maryville probably wins

Generally speaking, if you aren't good enough to make it to the championship game, you aren't good enough to beat Maryville.

You're just fortunate your path doesn't have to go through 7-AAA anymore.......WHS never made it past that point in the road.

Disagreed... At worst, had we went every season, we would be 3-2... At best Undefeated. The year WS won, we would have won, no doubt, that next season we had a better team but had a dropped TD and a Sophomore Mark Dodson was ran down from behind (clipped on the heel) we would have won that one, we did win one, SOOOOOOO, at worst 3-2... NOT ONE 7AAA team has done what WE HAVE DONE, defeat the Red Dragon so, yeah, kill that noise.   :ugeek:

Whew.....is reading comprehension really that difficult? Try getting a grasp on that before specifically calling someone out.

I'm really not sure why everyone likes putting words in my mouth. If you would prefer to re-read my actual post, please refer to page 6 of this thread.

It's cause you gave the worst possible scenario (trezvant meltdown) and used that as your example to represent "a few" teams that have never displayed anything close to that behavior and amount of undisciplined.