Goodpasture Football 2014

Rainwater

Have heard GP is laying the groundwork, and identified a couple of candidates........

Can you share any info? The question is not who will they target for HC, but the bigger question is will Goodpasture allow the HC to bring in some assistants who can coach football and also hire a HC who will not be worried about an assistant being just as good as he is.

.the whole point was, there are privates, and privates make the t$$aa money, so the t$$aa will not want to make them mad for potential pull out and loss of revenue.  

My point was twofold...I know the meaning of arbitrary, but it was a little much to round out your number to 50%. Secondly, only a handful of teams will have complaints with the split...those already in DII will benefit from it. A prime example is USJ...it's typical for them to have a 300+ mile trek in the playoffs as it is, with the split you eliminate that. If the large privates have no qualms (why would they?) now, and the small privates already in DII are bettered by it, that just leaves the small privates forced to compete in DII in the playoffs to potentially be unhappy.

My point was twofold...I know the meaning of arbitrary, but it was a little much to round out your number to 50%. Secondly, only a handful of teams will have complaints with the split...those already in DII will benefit from it. A prime example is USJ...it's typical for them to have a 300+ mile trek in the playoffs as it is, with the split you eliminate that. If the large privates have no qualms (why would they?) now, and the small privates already in DII are bettered by it, that just leaves the small privates forced to compete in DII in the playoffs to potentially be unhappy.

The hold up with small privates is not the football. It's the other sports that have a lot more games and play during the week that are the problem. If you let schools D2 in football but stay with the publics for other sports I think most would agree without complaint.

The hold up with small privates is not the football. It's the other sports that have a lot more games and play during the week that are the problem. If you let schools D2 in football but stay with the publics for other sports I think most would agree without complaint.

I don't see the difference between football and the rest, but I'm not claiming to have all the answers...just seems obvious to me that there should be a split. Baseball, for instance...Goodpasture and JCS were the two to beat...multiplier added 633 students for Goodpasture, but they're allowed to compete in a lower division than enrollment dictates, and JCS's first season back in the public division (by their own choosing) after legally recruiting players for four years in DII. TSSAA is supposed to be a non-profit organization with a priority of "leveling the playing field" in the interest of fair play, but their own rules allow for the advantages that these two schools had to exist. 

I don't see the difference between football and the rest, but I'm not claiming to have all the answers...just seems obvious to me that there should be a split. Baseball, for instance...Goodpasture and JCS were the two to beat...multiplier added 633 students for Goodpasture, but they're allowed to compete in a lower division than enrollment dictates, and JCS's first season back in the public division (by their own choosing) after legally recruiting players for four years in DII. TSSAA is supposed to be a non-profit organization with a priority of "leveling the playing field" in the interest of fair play, but their own rules allow for the advantages that these two schools had to exist.

I can't argue against the split as I'm in favor of it.

Scheduling becomes a nightmare for basket ball and baseball if you have to play schools that are 200 miles away in your region. For football it's Friday night with much fewer games.

This is the reason many in Chattanooga haven't gone D2. Now if you just put everyone in D2 there are enough teams in your area to eliminate the problem. The only thing I would add is open enrollment schools should get the multiplier or go D2 also.

I can't argue against the split as I'm in favor of it.

Scheduling becomes a nightmare for basket ball and baseball if you have to play schools that are 200 miles away in your region. For football it's Friday night with much fewer games.

This is the reason many in Chattanooga haven't gone D2. Now if you just put everyone in D2 there are enough teams in your area to eliminate the problem. The only thing I would add is open enrollment schools should get the multiplier or go D2 also.

i wouldn't want to stop scheduling privates in the regular season, we have some great rivalries with privates.

No schools in TSSAA - public or private - can legally recruit. Recruiting athletes for athletics is illegal. Period. Only difference is D2 privates can offer need-based aid to athletes. I'm not saying recruiting doesn't happen. Just saying it's not legal for any school.