Sevier county vs maryville

gobears89

Hate to hear that the Senior QB got hurt.....I hate to see any kid get injured, but it is even worse when it is their Senior year.  Hopefully he will heal up quickly.  I understand that GQ played both backups after Vaught went out, but who got the bulk of the playing time between the two backups?

Barney is spot on. I think #15 came in first, but both played a similar amount of time. I think each has his own strengths - just like any other kids at other positions. IMO - either of them could be playing at a lot of other schools, so I believe murvil will be fine at the qb spot. The OL may be a bigger work-in-progress right now. I doubt they have 2 quality backups at each of the OL positions like they do at qb.

In retrospect, my opinion of the friday game has changed some. While sitting in the car waiting in line to leave, I kept thinking the game was UGLY for murvil. But after hearing the stats and looking back, murvil's offense really looked like a slightly above average high school offense that shot itself in the foot too often. Even though murvil's fans are not used to seeing that offense play like that, it is not the end of the world. I think most of the problems can/will be corrected.

Should be a good matchup this week. Murvil's cupcake schedule has been quite a challenge. It will be good to get back and play at 825 Lawrence.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No JV'er will start. Unless he is the best at that position. Whomever starts, he needs to be able to throw as well.  HVA had 7 or 8 men in the box and it appeared that they were twisting a stunting most of the time. The JV'er will get many opportunities. You remember the two headed QB Rouse/Thompson in 2003? Could it be Cardwell/Ensley. It certainly would make it interesting for opposing defenses. Without passing against HVA, Maryville rushed for 298 yards. That against that 7 to 8 man box, and a trio of 275 plus pounders in HVA's defense. Just saying, MHS is not in bad shape, the rudder is just moving us differently

Eye agree rebels.....Lotts ov run blitzin' pertickularlee inn tha furst haif......Eye thawt movin' Bryce baik inn tite hepped us inn tha seccund haif in tha runnin gaim and hepped us set and seel tha edge....We jist nead two kleen up tha bawl handlin' and finnish drives.....Eye allsew thawt HVA knew we wuz gonna run hit down clost and paid littull or no attenshun two tha WR's down thair....Give me moore cowbell down thair....eye meen rhino..... :popcorneater:

UMcBk.gif

gold_charging_rhino1.gif

Edited by STARSNBARS

Barney is spot on. I think #15 came in first, but both played a similar amount of time. I think each has his own strengths - just like any other kids at other positions. IMO - either of them could be playing at a lot of other schools, so I believe murvil will be fine at the qb spot. The OL may be a bigger work-in-progress right now.

Agreed sx......We played at leest 3 LT's.......Eye'm wunderin' if'un sumbodee else cood play center and we cood moove #56 baik two LT whur he rilly played good fer us laist yeer....???....Jist a thawt.....Regardless ewe no Coach Ellis weal figger hit out.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Was there a lineman down field?

I have seen a close up of the supposed "man down field" frame by frame. Not even close. It's too bad for any kid from any team to have something taken away due to ignorance, bias and unprofessionalism. Officials do a great job, but sometimes have that one guy who is just a bit out of sync with the rest. 

Barney is spot on. I think #15 came in first, but both played a similar amount of time. I think each has his own strengths - just like any other kids at other positions. IMO - either of them could be playing at a lot of other schools, so I believe murvil will be fine at the qb spot. The OL may be a bigger work-in-progress right now. I doubt they have 2 quality backups at each of the OL positions like they do at qb.

In retrospect, my opinion of the friday game has changed some. While sitting in the car waiting in line to leave, I kept thinking the game was UGLY for murvil. But after hearing the stats and looking back, murvil's offense really looked like a slightly above average high school offense that shot itself in the foot too often. Even though murvil's fans are not used to seeing that offense play like that, it is not the end of the world. I think most of the problems can/will be corrected.

Should be a good matchup this week. Murvil's cupcake schedule has been quite a challenge. It will be good to get back and play at 825 Lawrence.

Remember too, Q may have been ultra conservative on offense, relying on his defense to stop the Hawks. He was and they did. 

Eye agree rebels.....Lotts ov run blitzin' pertickularlee inn tha furst haif......Eye thawt movin' Bryce baik inn tite hepped us inn tha seccund haif in tha runnin gaim and hepped us set and seel tha edge....We jist nead two kleen up tha bawl handlin' and finnish drives.....Eye allsew thawt HVA knew we wuz gonna run hit down clost and paid littull or no attenshun two tha WR's down thair....Give me moore cowbell down thair....eye meen rhino..... :popcorneater:

UMcBk.gif

gold_charging_rhino1.gif

Darn that's funny. Made me laugh. Go to see that again. 

There will be lots of confidence coming thru the prospect area Friday night to invade the skeeterdome. I hear there are some great athletes on that bears' team. Murvil may be trying some new guys. Expect a capacity crowd there with the chance of the evil empire going down.

I hope a lot of folks get disappointed. :D