Sevier county vs maryville

gobears89

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville is a complete different team this year. Last year Maryville had 2 explosive players in Cody Carroll and Shaun Prevo. The also had a houdini type QB in John Garrett. This years team is a grind it out team. Defense is superb this year. I don't see any team putting up a bunch of points on Maryville. One thing is if Maryville plays like they did this past friday Sevier County can beat Maryville.

REBELRON I came so close to going to the William Blount and Heritage game but in the end I went to Hardin Valley because I would have felt guilty as cheating on my wife had I done that.  It turned out to be a good game after all. The wins have started to come so easy and the scores so lopsided that having to go to a place that has very crappy seating for the visitors and even worse situation after the game getting out of there makes you think about it being worth going or not   I'll tell you one thing, the next time I go there I'm going to take a camper and sleep in it for two hours after the game then go home so I won't have a massive heart attack waiting in all that traffic. I think it will be an interesting season from this point forward and maybe people that are tired of blowout ballgames might come back. When there's a chance someone thinks they can beat Maryville they come out of the cracks to be there because they don't wont to miss it for the world.

I think this kid has unreal speed for a QB and has great poise when he is in the pocket and has the height needed which is lacking on the varsity after Tyler goes out except for 12# that is six foot tall. This kid is a carbon copy of his brother who plays running back and when the rubber meets the road and GQ has to make a decision I'm not so sure that thought won't ponder his mind. Passing game and ball handling  way to far off to be thrown into a high school game right now but JV isn't a bad idea.

No JV'er will start. Unless he is the best at that position. Whomever starts, he needs to be able to throw as well.  HVA had 7 or 8 men in the box and it appeared that they were twisting a stunting most of the time. The JV'er will get many opportunities. You remember the two headed QB Rouse/Thompson in 2003? Could it be Cardwell/Ensley. It certainly would make it interesting for opposing defenses. Without passing against HVA, Maryville rushed for 298 yards. That against that 7 to 8 man box, and a trio of 275 plus pounders in HVA's defense. Just saying, MHS is not in bad shape, the rudder is just moving us differently

If Steve Brewer had not stepped down I would say it would be close!

but I think the Smokey Bears feel the effects of the loss of their legendary HC and are about to pay for it at the hands of the team that has won the last 10 straight 6A Titles in a row!

Maryville still has their legendary HC, Sevier County does not!

Maryville "The John Cena of TSSAA HSFB" Red Rebels 77, Sevier County "We are Severely missing our Legendary Steve Brewer Right about now" Smokey Bears 0

The Steve Brewer-less Smokey Bears will be painted red on this night!

MURVUL hasn't been in 6A ten years. I think this is the 4th season. 

Hate to hear that the Senior QB got hurt.....I hate to see any kid get injured, but it is even worse when it is their Senior year.  Hopefully he will heal up quickly.  I understand that GQ played both backups after Vaught went out, but who got the bulk of the playing time between the two backups?

Hate to hear that the Senior QB got hurt.....I hate to see any kid get injured, but it is even worse when it is their Senior year.  Hopefully he will heal up quickly.  I understand that GQ played both backups after Vaught went out, but who got the bulk of the playing time between the two backups?

They both played equal. The one thing that might have been confusing was that they were both in on the same drive a few times. This is when GQ is at his best and will be very fun to watch.