Week 5: Ooltewah at Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

BigDave1967

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why some think this will be either a shootout or close.....Owls defense is by far the best defense in the state(my opinion).d-b hasn't done anything special against anybody.,....now Ooltewah killed the teams they we're supposed to kill and absolutely destroyed everybody else.granted siegel game was closer than it should have been,but if you were there 2 things stood out(refs were questionable at best and Ooltewah had a bazillion missed opportunities).....I for one will not make "a just in case we lose excuse".,.because IF(I mean a big if)the owls loose its because d-b is so much better and I don't think they are.Owls 21/28-0.....only because this defense is for real people. but anyway hope everybody stays safe on the drive up n back,and both teams stay healthy.good luck to da tribe.

Im not going to go out on a limb and say DB has a better team and will win the game but I just don't see where the Owls are anything like you say. Now they might be but I just don't see it based on what they've done so far. Their schedule is even weaker than DB's. Actually DB is the only good team on the schedule. Now don't you Owl fans get all bent out of shape, I'm just saying I don't know how you can tell if your really as good as goosesdad says. You 'killed and destroyed" teams that are just not very good. You'll score more than 28 on DB's defense but you won't shut DB out. That's just stupid.

Im not going to go out on a limb and say DB has a better team and will win the game but I just don't see where the Owls are anything like you say. Now they might be but I just don't see it based on what they've done so far. Their schedule is even weaker than DB's. Actually DB is the only good team on the schedule. Now don't you Owl fans get all bent out of shape, I'm just saying I don't know how you can tell if your really as good as goosesdad says. You 'killed and destroyed" teams that are just not very good. You'll score more than 28 on DB's defense but you won't shut DB out. That's just stupid.

Most likely, we are better than you think we are, but not as good as Goose claims. Is it Friday yet?

Hope our defense can continue to come up big and overcome our turnovers. Turned it over 2x inside our own 20 in the first half vs SC and 3 x all together in the first half and just gave up 17 Pts. Can't turn it over and put defense back on the field. they're on there long enough with a passing offense that is quick strike or quick punt/turnover.

Sounds to me like your setting up your excuse.......just in case. :lol:

WHAT???

If defense wins this one it won't be a win for the Tribe. I've given up on the secondary and mistakes problem. DB will just have to overcome it by somehow outscoring the competition.

MY OWL FANS DON'T GET INVOLVED IN THE FAKE POLLS....WE LET IT PLAY OUT ON THE FIELD.....

Another set up......you'll post after the game something stupid about the stadium not being all that.

EXACTLY...IF IT DON'T MEET MY EXPECTATIONS....

Brainerd 1-4

Siegal 0-5

Soddy Daisy 3-1

Tuner Academy 0-4

East Hamilton 1-4

5-18???

7-12 WOW!!! REALLY??

PA eye haiv seed D-B's offence and thay ere a lott.....eye meen a lott bettur... :popcorneater:

OF COARSE STARZ......AND SO IS MY DEFENSE.....LETS SEE IF SEVIER'S OFFENSE IS BETTER....YOUR DEFENSE HAD TO WIN YOUR LAST GAME.....GET MY DRIFT :thumb: I THOUGHT THAT WAS A TYPO WHEN I SAW 16-3.. :popcorneater:

HEY WACKO JACKO....IF YOU LOOK ON YOUR SCHEDULE FROM 2013 TO NOW....YOUR ONLY LOW SCORING GAME WAS.....THEM OWLS!!

LOOKS LIKE YOU SCORE AND LET THE OPPONENT SCORE...AND YOU HAVE TO OUTSCORE THE OPPONENT TO WIN......

HEY WACKO JACKO....IF YOU LOOK ON YOUR SCHEDULE FROM 2013 TO NOW....YOUR ONLY LOW SCORING GAME WAS.....THEM OWLS!!

LOOKS LIKE YOU SCORE AND LET THE OPPONENT SCORE...AND YOU HAVE TO OUTSCORE THE OPPONENT TO WIN......

I guess you've been around high school football long enough to know that teams can and do change drastically from year to year. Last year has nothing to do with this year. Even though most will agree with me that DB is still a year away from being back in true form this years team is way better than the 2013 team. Last year the offense was basically a one man show. This year the o-line is much improved, we have a quarterback that has thrown 8tds. in the last two games and had two running backs run for over 100 yrds. against Sevier Co. I don't question that you have a good defense but this is not the same team you played last year. Not even close. It should be a close game score wise. Close enough that you could be eating crow for the rest of the season.

Ooltewah is very good, but not as good as they think. They are a quarterfinal team at worst and a semi final team at best, they make you think they'll win state with this best defense in the state talk. I'm rooting for them though, it'd be nice to see a 5AAA team break through. We'll see how they respond when someone decides to hit them back.

Refs are always questionable !

I don't know why some think this will be either a shootout or close.....Owls defense is by far the best defense in the state(my opinion).d-b hasn't done anything special against anybody.,....now Ooltewah killed the teams they we're supposed to kill and absolutely destroyed everybody else.granted siegel game was closer than it should have been,but if you were there 2 things stood out(refs were questionable at best and Ooltewah had a bazillion missed opportunities).....I for one will not make "a just in case we lose excuse".,.because IF(I mean a big if)the owls loose its because d-b is so much better and I don't think they are.Owls 21/28-0.....only because this defense is for real people. but anyway hope everybody stays safe on the drive up n back,and both teams stay healthy.good luck to da tribe.