8-AA Girls

uknow22

1. L.A. - Better coach'n and players this season and they have been there done that and know how to win.

2.Muff-central - Post and guard play head and shoulders above everyone else and not to mention the transfer.

3. Smith - why! ONE PLAYER and that's all they need.

4.C.C. - Good program and will win with less talent than any team.

5.D.C. - Could be better than 5th but jury still out and will have to prove it.

6.UPP. - Could also be better but will have to prove it.

7.Macon - I would put them last but I think they beat York twice last year.This district is way out of macon's league.

8. York- Could possibly beat macon or upp and be 6th or 7th but will have to prove it.

Iceman you are right the problem with our program here at DeKalb is the plain and simple fact as always we look great during the summer always have, we practiced everyday this summer every morning in july and the girls worked really hard, but then school started back and it stopped.  Also as for the schedule wbryguy, I have seen this years schedule, hall of fame games vs Riverside Christian, St Andrews, Boyd, Chatt Patriots and others, regular season games vs Sewanne, Monterey, Boyd, Chattanooga, Warren and Gordonsville will not get us ready for 8-aa and its a shame that the administration allows us to play this schedule its a fake way to get 20 wins.

I agree play a Cookeville or White County, everyone else in District 8-AA challenges themselves

Uknow22, what is the reason for the lack of work since school has started. I would think things would be much harder on the players. Also, what is the reasoning behind the schedule. Why is 20 wins such a big deal. U girls should be shooting for district championships. Playing Cookeville and White would prepare u for that. Don't know Cope personally,,maybe u could enlighten us. I hear different opinions about the coach. Has done a pretty good job making the program head in the right direction.

1. L.A. - Better coach'n and players this season and they have been there done that and know how to win.

2.Muff-central - Post and guard play head and shoulders above everyone else and not to mention the transfer.

3. Smith - why! ONE PLAYER and that's all they need.

4.C.C. - Good program and will win with less talent than any team.

5.D.C. - Could be better than 5th but jury still out and will have to prove it.

6.UPP. - Could also be better but will have to prove it.

7.Macon - I would put them last but I think they beat York twice last year.This district is way out of macon's league.

8. York- Could possibly beat macon or upp and be 6th or 7th but will have to prove it.

I think Macon Co. beat Livingston last year too.  Freshmen guard from Macon - Clark (last year) put 20+ on them.  

Macon is not out of its league in 8AA. They competed before they left the first time and lost some key players from a state runner up team before returning to the district last season. And Clark is shaping up to be a great all around athlete. Her pitching gave DC fits last spring also.

Picking Smith as seventh and assuming Central falls last is laughable by the way. These two teams will be the biggest threats to LA.

Edited by dctiger

I think Macon Co. beat Livingston last year too.  Freshmen guard from Macon - Clark (last year) put 20+ on them.  

yes they did but at that time L.a. had some unfortunate things going on and got back on track and look what happened the second time they played. L.a. beat them by over 20 points not even close at no point in the game,nor will it be this year.and the game your talking about nobody for macon had 20 points.

yes they did but at that time L.a. had some unfortunate things going on and got back on track and look what happened the second time they played. L.a. beat them by over 20 points not even close at no point in the game,nor will it be this year.and the game your talking about nobody for macon had 20 points.

8aafan, I do stand corrected.  She was the leading scorer in the 45-40 win at Lafayette with 14.  I guess I should have checked for sure before "mouthing" off.  She may have had 20+ in both games. ;)   Anyway, they'll find a way to be competitive at least one game again - most likely in Macon Co again. 

8aafan, I do stand corrected.  She was the leading scorer in the 45-40 win at Lafayette with 14.  I guess I should have checked for sure before "mouthing" off.  She may have had 20+ in both games. ;)   Anyway, they'll find a way to be competitive at least one game again - most likely in Macon Co again.

I don't think they'll ever be real competitive is this district because they came from a district where they didn't have to play or coach hard and got to bypass most competition until sub-state or stste.