8-AA Girls

uknow22

Wrong the same year you are talking about L.A.played them at macon in hof game and give'm a dose of this district.

and yes I remember that game when 2 players fr MC was out. How far did any team from 8aa get that year? That is same year MC beat LA boys, while 4 LA starters were playing football in the playoffs. You have to look at the whole picture. 8aa is very tough, but to say MC's program is never good enough to compete here for a title is not realistic. I promise you, if the stay in thi district after thisn year which is not likely, they will win it soon. There jr high will not lose a game with the classes the have in the 6th and 7th grade for the next two years. It all runs in cycles. Some teams cycles have longer winning years than others. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

DCtiger thanks for the input. All I know is a team is reflective of their head coach on how hard they work and when no work is taking place their is only one person to hold accountable. I'll be shocked if the middle school kid comes to DC. She is on the move for what's best for her future.

Edited by Iceman2000

1. Livingston Academy – Just too much of everything…..IMO the only sure thing in 8-AA this year. Not much to add about this team. They appear to be without any glaring weakness as far as district is concerned. Would be shocked if they are not the 1st place regular season team. Really feel like this can be another dominant LA squad.

2. Central Magnet – The only minus for this team, might be depth (but that is only because this core group has played so well together a long time). But that is countered by Central having IMO the best combo of players in a very talented district (Obi/C. Smith). It seems this team has been building for a deep run and this could be their year. Smith recovering from knee injury could be the only hiccup early for this team.

3. Smith Co. – Easily could be the second best team in 8-AA. Hackett is the easy front runner to win district MVP. Very quick, tough nosed player that is almost impossible to keep from getting to the rim and has improved her 3- point shot every year. But with a new coach there’s always some uncertainty, even with his wealth of knowledge and success they could have some bumps in the road adjusting early on. Any other district this team would be a dominant 1st place team, which could be said for any of the top three.   

4. Upperman – It’s a toss up IMO at the 4 spot between Upp./Macon county. Upperman’s overall depth and experience is the reason I have them 4th.  A lot of versatility with the players returning, lack of a true post presence might be an issue at some point. Shooting/defense should be the strength of this team.

5. Macon Co. – With a very good core returning it would be easy to see this team surprise everyone. I very good guard returning from injury will provide a boost scoring wise. This team was playing very good at the end of last season and they should be able to carry it over to a quick start this year. Overall post play should be a deciding factor on exactly how good this team can be.

6. Cannon Co. – It feels strange to have this team this low but after losing 4 starters including the reigning 8-AA MVP/AA Miss Basketball a down year is inevitable one would think. Should be a solid defensive team (seems like they always are) but scoring could be an issue. With like many teams in 8-AA this year they could end up finishing almost anywhere.

7. DeKalb Co. – DC is placed this low merely on past history. This team has all the makings of having a breakout season….but the question is can they do it. It seems they have been lurking for a few seasons and now appears to be the time they step forward if they’re legit. Not sure how high they can finish in this loaded district but should be much better than they have been in some time and with luck who knows.

8. York Institute – With all do respect to their new coach (someone I do respect and I’m confident they will be better fundamentally) this is the only other “sure†thing as far as finishing in 8-AA, IMO. With some of the recent players that chose to play at Clarkrange, York just doesn’t have a full compliment of players to compete at a high level in this district. Things could definitely change but not this year.