8-AA Girls

uknow22

I don't think they'll ever be real competitive is this district because they came from a district where they didn't have to play or coach hard and got to bypass most competition until sub-state or stste.

I'm not sure about all your statements; they typically have some good teams and elite players come through every few years.  I'm mainly familiar with the Clark girl; she's most likely a scholarship softball player.  LA should just count your blessings that you have a larger student enrollment and don't play in 7A with your neighbors.

Uknow22 I think the freshman kid was told a big recruiting story of how good they could be and how hard they will work. Her and her parents wanted her to be pushed and its been right the opposite. Sometimes u have to see it for ur self. Really disappointing if she leaves but who could blame her with all the teams that wanted her. A piece of gold lands in ur lap and u just let it go because the coach and players don't want to work hard. I wish the team all the luck and we shall see how thia all turns out. Best of luck DC.

iceman dc schedules these creampuffs so they can win several games which makes cope look good in the end and keeps his job for another year. he told me that himself. cause he knows he is gonna lose most of his district games. not much he can do about that. the talent is just not there on the girls side to compete with the other teams in the district.

1. L.A. - Better coach'n and players this season and they have been there done that and know how to win.

2.Muff-central - Post and guard play head and shoulders above everyone else and not to mention the transfer.

3. Smith - why! ONE PLAYER and that's all they need.

4.C.C. - Good program and will win with less talent than any team.

5.D.C. - Could be better than 5th but jury still out and will have to prove it.

6.UPP. - Could also be better but will have to prove it.

7.Macon - I would put them last but I think they beat York twice last year.This district is way out of macon's league.

8. York- Could possibly beat macon or upp and be 6th or 7th but will have to prove it.

You do realizee MC has been to 2 of the last 5 state title games in 2a? And they had a chance to win both games and came up just short. Back up why you think Macon can't compete?

Macon County has always had a very solid program and yes they were in the state finals for 2 years, but they were not members of 8-AA, not disrespect on what they did when they were in another district but this district night in and night out is a total different animal.

agree, but 2 years ago when MC lot the state title on a last second shot t CPA being up 10 t start the 4th.....they would have won this district.

You do realizee MC has been to 2 of the last 5 state title games in 2a? And they had a chance to win both games and came up just short. Back up why you think Macon can't compete?

It's no disrespect and I like macon in this district,however they have not shown they can compete with a team that puts up some resistance or as competitive as them on a regular basis that's all I was getting at and history proves it.you shall see and if im wrong i'll be the first to admit it.

Dctiger what ur opinions and thoughts about the DC program. Ur around it more than most. What u think about the scheduling and about Cope as a coach.

I support the team fully. Do I wish they played a tougher schedule? I can't deny that. I do. But that's not my call to make.

I also know nothing about what's been going on practice-wise. I attend as many camps as I can to get a feel for what the season is going to be like, not just for us but for any teams in the area that I'm able to follow.

I think we can give people fits this season, but we really don't have much size to compete with a team that has a decent post game. If the freshman stays, and gets stronger, we may have that. I just don't think it'll be there this season IMO. On the bright side our middle school team has some great talent coming up, including a solid seventh grader that's already around 6' tall.

Either way, all of this may be a moot point unless someone can prove they can beat Elizabethton. They're the clear front runner in AA this season and next (along with Fulton).