Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

"The list of applicants, which includes South-Doyle defensive coordinator Jay Whinery, Farragut offensive coordinator Rusty Partin and Cocke County coach Caleb Slover, among others, was obtained by the News Sentinel on Monday through an email from Knox County Schools spokesperson Melissa Ogden."

Excerpt from the Knoxville News Sentinel

New poster, long time reader here. I've been keeping up with this topic quite a bit. When do they plan on having a coach in place? I know that Powell traditionally has been a good job. Here lately, not so much, but is there potential there to turn that thing around and have a legit contender again?

all jokes aside it appears that the hiring committee has narrowed it down to a few very qualified candidates, Powell will bounce back a little quicker than implied in this thread in my opinion. With the new districts West and South Doyle should be the powers to beat but both lose a lot from what I've heard. Halls, Gibbs, Heritage, Karns and Farragut are the others on the schedule for next year that I can remember so a few more wins than last year is attainable. THe cupboard in Powell is not bare and the kids are still hungry, it only gets better from here.

My goodness. Your wanting a coach that took a team 3-7 and got whipped in four games like the one Fulton gave to you all at the first of the year. Then you want a coach that came off a team that will have the same eleven that started the game that will be in when the last seconds tick off the clock. I watched Farragut do that against Maryville so much I realize why they went down because that's old school football and they got left behind.  Don't know much about the other pick but I think you boy's need to run another ad for a coach or get yourself a new mayor because you can't afford another one and done or your football program will be a cooked goose.

My goodness. Your wanting a coach that took a team 3-7 and got whipped in four games like the one Fulton gave to you all at the first of the year. Then you want a coach that came off a team that will have the same eleven that started the game that will be in when the last seconds tick off the clock. I watched Farragut do that against Maryville so much I realize why they went down because that's old school football and they got left behind.  Don't know much about the other pick but I think you boy's need to run another ad for a coach or get yourself a new mayor because you can't afford another one and done or your football program will be a cooked goose.

I'm not going to pretend like I know who the finalists are. But I do know that this pool of 20+ candidates is much better than the pool that applied last time around. I'm just hoping for some actual stability, which is something Powell hasn't had since Matt Lowe's tenure.

What was the other name you had heard?

Well the name I kelp hearing on here was Ellison, so did he even apply. That would have been my choice if I had to go out and recruit someone. I don't have a dog in this fight but I would hate to see a team that was in the championship game just a few short years ago and then all the sudden it catches a disease like Karns or Halls and needs to be put out of it's misery. 

Well the name I kelp hearing on here was Ellison, so did he even apply. That would have been my choice if I had to go out and recruit someone. I don't have a dog in this fight but I would hate to see a team that was in the championship game just a few short years ago and then all the sudden it catches a disease like Karns or Halls and needs to be put out of it's misery.

Yes he applied and is a finalist along w Slober and some others.