Wk 9 - Nashville Christian 8-0 (#2-1A) @ East Nashville 8-0 (#3-3A)

kenmynattcpa

I dont have a dog in the fight, but I have been studying the potential NCS/UC matchup in the semis.....

UC's veer option makes them tough to defend, especially the 1st time around.....

NCS is well coached, they have the athletes and are disciplined, if this game happens, I dont care where they play , NCS gets what most people will consider an upset, I however just believe they are primed to beat UC. Go ahead and quote me on it, and remember I said this if/when this game does happen.....

I know a lot of people have been talking up this Union City team, but it's legit hype. One of the best all around football teams I've ever witnessed at the smaller school level. Peabody is a legit 2A team that will easily be playing in the 2A quarter finals and very possible the semis in 2A. Union City dominated them for the most part tonight. If anyone in 1A plays UC within 3 touchdowns I'll be surprised. If someone in 1A beats Union City, I will give them major props for doing so....

Who is paying Bituli's tuition?  Something is going on at NCS.  It probably is perfectly legal.  Let me make this clear, I am not accusing NCS of wrong doing.  Somebody is putting out some money.  It may not be illegal but it stinks to the hard working Country boy.  I saw NCS against Columbia Academy in 2013.  Don't tell me that somebody hasn't stacked the deck.  I will never believe it if you say otherwise.  Every time that store bought players beat  nice humble boys of low to middle class, it's a travesty.  While NCS celebrates and sleeps all night some nice humble boy cries all night because he didn't have a chance when playing NCS.   The bad thing about it, that boy may be your Brother in Christ.  I wonder what the Lord thinks about all of this.

After you sleep on it, I would expect you to post an apology for this outrageous personal attack on an individual and a school.

First off, NCS is the one of the least expensive private schools in the State. It's less per month than most car payments. For almost 35 years NCS was regularly a doormat in football. Coach Brothers was hired five or six years ago and things slowly changed. A lot of NCS's players have been there many years. Our Ole Miss signee OL as an example, came to NCS in the 5th grade. 

Your reference to "nice humble boys of low to middle class" describes NCS's team perfectly. The only people "putting out some money" are the parents who choose to drive a less fancy car, skip vacations for many years, and sacrifice so that they can give their children a better educational opportunity than what's available at some of Metro Nashville's run down, gang infested public schools.

You are simply clueless in your warped vision of NCS. 

• Upvote 1

After you sleep on it, I would expect you to post an apology for this outrageous personal attack on an individual and a school.

First off, NCS is the one of the least expensive private schools in the State. It's less per month than most car payments. For almost 35 years NCS was regularly a doormat in football. Coach Brothers was hired five or six years ago and things slowly changed. A lot of NCS's players have been there many years. Our Ole Miss signee OL as an example, came to NCS in the 5th grade.

Your reference to "nice humble boys of low to middle class" describes NCS's team perfectly. The only people "putting out some money" are the parents who choose to drive a less fancy car, skip vacations for many years, and sacrifice so that they can give their children a better educational opportunity than what's available at some of Metro Nashville's run down, gang infested public schools.

You are simply clueless in your warped vision of NCS.

Can you say "Work Study". It started when Brothers came aboard.

Hey guys Glenn here. I told you guys that big guy for NashvilleGrace would have to work on his fastness this week to be able to block those really fast East Nashville boys. I was right and he obviously did work on his fastness. He helped your pretty fast big runner have a lot of space to run. Your whole team are obviously working on their fastness week in and out. That's good! It's showing up. You guys keep on working on your fastness and you will be as fast as Union Tornadoes and could beat them. Keep up the good work. Go Pirates

From Glenn

Absolutely no hating on him whatsoever. i am thankful for him and his parents. Is this the case for all the NCS players? Are all the tuitions being paid by the family of the Athletes? Does Alumni ever pay tuitions for Athlete's. Please set me straight. I think this game tonight shows the TSSAA we are nearing the time for a mandatory split.

• Upvote 1

Losing #2 Hurt East..I always wanted to know who the Backup QB for east was because every time I seen them play Upton never came out the game. NCS kidnapped the leader of the East Nashville Team and put him on the sideline and the rest of the troops were dazed. I hope upton in Ok they have a BIG district game next week with Lipscomb Academy.

Bigb I was staying quiedt but I'll talk now. Last week east went to the wire with PC. Kids left it all on the field. East had never beaten PC and it took everything out of them. Who has nc even played this year. Uh nobody. Your kids don't know what it is like to be tested like that and with your schedule you won't until the semis. You say you have to play with what you got well Heck man y'all have six potential D1 players. East has 1. You all get kids that can't quite get playing time at BA, MBA, or ensworth but are still really good players that want to play. How is that you have to play with what you got. I take nothing away from the nc kids but you adults thinking it was coaching, schemes, whatever are crazy and delusional. Again I saw a lot of kids on the nc team that weren't there last year. I know one is a freshman. How about the others.