Science Hill/DB. Halloween Showdown.

Aussie2TN

DB band sets the bar for bands every year. Actually, this area has some of the best bands in the state. Science Hill, Elizabethton, Central, and little ole Unicoi Co have competitive bands.

With that said, doesn't DB have a marching band and competition band?

Edited by DayTripper

In my opinion, being a band hater is just as bad as being a DB hater.  Worse actually.  Because the band haters are some of the DB football fans.  Very sad statement.  Luckily it is only a few.

Nobody hates the band that I know.A few just don't like the director that is over the band

Edited by BatmanDB

In my opinion, being a band hater is just as bad as being a DB hater.  Worse actually.  Because the band haters are some of the DB football fans.  Very sad statement.  Luckily it is only a few.

Nobody hates the band that I know.A few just don't like the director that is over the band

Like him or not, he get's the job done. He actually wins championships and does it yearly. Wish we could find a football and basketball coach that could win championships but nobody liked them.

I know both teams are pumped and ready, but it is possible we could see a sluggish start by both teams for at least a quarter.    Here's why:

• The Hill has only 2 quality wins (Elizabethton and Tenn High), otherwise they have beaten mostly bad 5A schools half their size.
  • DB also has only 2 quality wins (Sevier Co and Tenn High), otherwise they have beaten mostly bad 5A schools half their size.
  • It has been many weeks since either team has had to put forth any effort to win a game.

This one will come down to:    fewest mistakes, fewest penalties, and who wants it the most.

Yep, lots of points by the end, it will be more of an offensive game than defensive.     I'm just thinking this is the first difficult game for both teams in quite some time, whenever that happens it often takes a while for the offenses to get into a rhythm

I will tell you however,if this turns into a defensive game like Misssissippi and Lsu,I'd be the first to say I can't believe it.That kind of game would probably see a lot of flags and turnovers.Wait,on second thought...

Science Hill is expecting a big crowd. They've laid down some rules. No kids under the 8th grade without a parent, can't be a sibling. Kids that come with parent must sit with parents. No masks. And they are blocking off areas where the kids congregate. Personally I am glad. Always amazes me the parents who will drop off their 12 year old and leave them.

Edited by DayTripper

Dobyns-Bennett Indians vs. Science Hill Hilltoppers

Kermit Tipton Stadium

October 31, 2014

We are pleased to announce that Wells Fargo Financial Kingsport along with Champion Chevrolet, will be bringing to viewers a live streaming broadcast of the Dobyns-Bennett vs. Science Hill football game this Friday night beginning at 7:00p.m. with pre-game show.  Kick-off is at 7:30p.m.  Tom Taylor, award-winning sports broadcaster, will be providing the play by play action. 

We hope you can make it to the game.  However, if you are unable to attend, please enjoy by clicking here:

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/10715493/events/3538772

Please forward this email to anyone who may not be able to make it to the game or those who live out of town.

If viewing from a smartphone or tablet you may have to download the livestream app and sign up for free account.

Science Hill is expecting a big crowd. They've laid down some rules. No kids under the 8th grade without a parent, can't be a sibling. Kids that come with parent must sit with parents. No masks. And they are blocking off areas where the kids congregate. Personally I am glad. Always amazes me the parents who will drop off their 12 year old and leave them.

What if the kids dress up like parents?