BULLDOGS VS MUSTANGS

horse

technical correction Kerm....T$$AA doesn't get their money grubbing hands on a gate during the regular season...home team keeps all of it....but they do get 1/3 of the playoff gate...

I think it's 50% of gate in playoffs and schools pay officials Edited by horse

Have been tired up with work lately,and have not had much time to get on here. I have to say that game last week was probably the most embarrassing game I have seen the Mustangs play in 10 plus years. I think we all learned that we are not as good as some think. We have a lot of young talent,but I think we all saw first hand that they are not ready for the spotlight that some may think. I hope that the team actually shows up this week because it seemed like the entire team missed the bus last week.

Not so fast my friend.  lol.  The young talent didn't play as for skill positions.  All you got to do is go back to bruceton game we dominated 41-0, you had 3 soph & 1 fresh in backfield, Dodson, Clift, & Pearson.  Cift and Pearson never took one snap on offense, and Dodson didn't take one until only 30 seconds left in 3rd quarter, then on 4 carriers he did what older crew could not do in 3 qtrs, 40 yards rushing and scored a TD.  the inept line all the sudden looked good again?  Our lack luster defense is better when the young backs are in because they are on the sideline while the young ones score, the O line is better cause they hit the holes quicker and they know they have the ability on any play to take it the distance.  Whole team better when you have a offense that can score.  We beat Bruceton 41-0, game before we played Mckenzie they played Bruceton and had to come behind in last 2 min to beat Bruceton.  Mckenzie beat us essentially 34-0, that is 75 point swing......... Why we don't have but one injury the center.  The change is the coach made personnel changes, essentially a whole new backfield???  why make so drastic changes when you are winning?  yes seniors & Junior beat less inferior talent Camden & Gleason but first decent team we face they could not even get a fist down but once in 5 drives????  Young gun come in and did it in 4 touches......

Not so fast my friend. lol. The young talent didn't play as for skill positions. All you got to do is go back to bruceton game we dominated 41-0, you had 3 soph & 1 fresh in backfield, Dodson, Clift, & Pearson. Cift and Pearson never took one snap on offense, and Dodson didn't take one until only 30 seconds left in 3rd quarter, then on 4 carriers he did what older crew could not do in 3 qtrs, 40 yards rushing and scored a TD. the inept line all the sudden looked good again? Our lack luster defense is better when the young backs are in because they are on the sideline while the young ones score, the O line is better cause they hit the holes quicker and they know they have the ability on any play to take it the distance. Whole team better when you have a offense that can score. We beat Bruceton 41-0, game before we played Mckenzie they played Bruceton and had to come behind in last 2 min to beat Bruceton. Mckenzie beat us essentially 34-0, that is 75 point swing......... Why we don't have but one injury the center. The change is the coach made personnel changes, essentially a whole new backfield??? why make so drastic changes when you are winning? yes seniors & Junior beat less inferior talent Camden & Gleason but first decent team we face they could not even get a fist down but once in 5 drives???? Young gun come in and did it in 4 touches......

You have to take in to consideration mckenzie knew they had the game won at the end of the 3rd. And the defense was not getting after like they were the 1st half. Who was in the backfield at West Carroll? I haven't seen a back that was a threat to break one all year Edited by horse

Not so fast my friend. lol. The young talent didn't play as for skill positions. All you got to do is go back to bruceton game we dominated 41-0, you had 3 soph & 1 fresh in backfield, Dodson, Clift, & Pearson. Cift and Pearson never took one snap on offense, and Dodson didn't take one until only 30 seconds left in 3rd quarter, then on 4 carriers he did what older crew could not do in 3 qtrs, 40 yards rushing and scored a TD. the inept line all the sudden looked good again? Our lack luster defense is better when the young backs are in because they are on the sideline while the young ones score, the O line is better cause they hit the holes quicker and they know they have the ability on any play to take it the distance. Whole team better when you have a offense that can score. We beat Bruceton 41-0, game before we played Mckenzie they played Bruceton and had to come behind in last 2 min to beat Bruceton. Mckenzie beat us essentially 34-0, that is 75 point swing......... Why we don't have but one injury the center. The change is the coach made personnel changes, essentially a whole new backfield??? why make so drastic changes when you are winning? yes seniors & Junior beat less inferior talent Camden & Gleason but first decent team we face they could not even get a fist down but once in 5 drives???? Young gun come in and did it in 4 touches......

My views are unbiased because I don't have a kid out there anymore. Grandson still has a while before he gets to suit up. You seem like one of the young backs is your son. Like I said before these youngs backs are not ready. If they are ready then why did they constantly keep getting beat deep??

My views are unbiased because I don't have a kid out there anymore. Grandson still has a while before he gets to suit up. You seem like one of the young backs is your son. Like I said before these youngs backs are not ready. If they are ready then why did they constantly keep getting beat deep??

I as well Don't have a son playing just stating my opinion as everyone else.  None of us get paid to coach, we are all just fans with opinions.  I just usually try to have some facts with my opinions, the young backs Zack and Ben ran the ball against WC along with Dillion the only constant this year and they scored 28 points, all be it 2 of them was aided by interceptions; would have been more if we would use our speed and run outside once in a blue moon, but we have to show our big boy pants and we literally ran in the 4 hole, 8 plays in a row;  I agree run a play until they stop it, but same goes for sweeps, if its working run it 8 plays in row lol..  As for Your 4th qtr question or comment for dodson scoring on Mckenzie, I'll just say that the only TD scored in UC game was in first half when it was a game before 3  turnovers in 2nd half, was by soph dodson, whom is not my son, not my neighbor, no relation just best option for running back this year in my opinion; Obviously opposing coaches think Ben is pretty dangerous since they will not even kick the ball to him and give it to Stangs on the 45, so I would say they see some pretty good talent lined up deep.  Its blatantly obvious my humble, but free to give opinion.  It all in fun, we are all on here because we have passion for Mustangs and Highschool football.  Go Stangs beat them dawns.

I as well Don't have a son playing just stating my opinion as everyone else. None of us get paid to coach, we are all just fans with opinions. I just usually try to have some facts with my opinions, the young backs Zack and Ben ran the ball against WC along with Dillion the only constant this year and they scored 28 points, all be it 2 of them was aided by interceptions; would have been more if we would use our speed and run outside once in a blue moon, but we have to show our big boy pants and we literally ran in the 4 hole, 8 plays in a row; I agree run a play until they stop it, but same goes for sweeps, if its working run it 8 plays in row lol.. As for Your 4th qtr question or comment for dodson scoring on Mckenzie, I'll just say that the only TD scored in UC game was in first half when it was a game before 3 turnovers in 2nd half, was by soph dodson, whom is not my son, not my neighbor, no relation just best option for running back this year in my opinion; Obviously opposing coaches think Ben is pretty dangerous since they will not even kick the ball to him and give it to Stangs on the 45, so I would say they see some pretty good talent lined up deep. Its blatantly obvious my humble, but free to give opinion. It all in fun, we are all on here because we have passion for Mustangs and Highschool football. Go Stangs beat them dawns.

I think I will cheer for Huntingdon to beat the dawns as well. Lol.

I as well Don't have a son playing just stating my opinion as everyone else. None of us get paid to coach, we are all just fans with opinions. I just usually try to have some facts with my opinions, the young backs Zack and Ben ran the ball against WC along with Dillion the only constant this year and they scored 28 points, all be it 2 of them was aided by interceptions; would have been more if we would use our speed and run outside once in a blue moon, but we have to show our big boy pants and we literally ran in the 4 hole, 8 plays in a row; I agree run a play until they stop it, but same goes for sweeps, if its working run it 8 plays in row lol.. As for Your 4th qtr question or comment for dodson scoring on Mckenzie, I'll just say that the only TD scored in UC game was in first half when it was a game before 3 turnovers in 2nd half, was by soph dodson, whom is not my son, not my neighbor, no relation just best option for running back this year in my opinion; Obviously opposing coaches think Ben is pretty dangerous since they will not even kick the ball to him and give it to Stangs on the 45, so I would say they see some pretty good talent lined up deep. Its blatantly obvious my humble, but free to give opinion. It all in fun, we are all on here because we have passion for Mustangs and Highschool football. Go Stangs beat them dawns.

Does Eric Swenson make mistakes? Absolutely but guess what so does Nick saban and Bill billichick. If these young backs were as dominant as you make them out to be Swenson would be running them nonstop. Obviously since he is not he like me doesn't think they are ready. This is big boy football now not daddy football like they grew up playing

Well I do have a son on the Huntungdon Mustangs 2014 Team and he is a RB. And I dont have a problem with him not touching the ball if the coach and Im saying Coach Swenson does not want him running the ball for now then thats alright. And the way to spell the younger RB names are Dodson Clifft and Dylan Johnson.

Either it be the upperclassman or underclassman at this point in the season they all should be gelling better. Lineman included.

Edited by tricklician

I don't have a horse in this race (pun). lol I've been around long enough to know that kids and possibly coaches get lackadaisical (big word for the day) at times during the season. Swenson is obviously a excellent coach or the Mustangs wouldn't be as consistently good year in and year out. My guess would be the loss to McKenzie will be a wake up call for all the players on your team. You will have a very tough football game Friday night with a much improving Milan team and a pretty important game against my Lions next week. Perfect timing to get ready for a playoff run against some very good teams in our area.

Like the cheese head said RELAX !!!