Heard from Maryville or Alcoa, TSSAA?

FridayMainEvent

I guess all the extra travel expense will probably knock the Govs out of getting new unis next year.....darn it!!!!

Jake, I just don't see this being good for wb. I hate it for them. On the positive side, bearden will still be on the schedule and there will be at least 11 games next year. Maybe G91 can enlighten me to more positives with the situation.

This super 32 is just football surely? I can't imagine the other sports being able to do the travel during the week.

Crickets on this question...has anyone heard about the other sports?

Imagine the nightmare of leaving work early to drive 1-1/2 hours for a 5:30 baseball game on Monday night in mid-march only to get within 20 minutes and a shower pops up - so now it's made up on a Wednesday night. Plus, in baseball you travel to each school every year (not every other year). Has anyone at T$$AA thought enough about this stuff to see the problems?

Where's my Kool-Aid? :popcorneater:

Edited by strongx

I don't think it affects the other sports.  For example, AC will be 4A in football but will continue to play AAA in baseball, basketball, etc.

I hope you are right, but our football region teams were the same as our baseball region teams - before the move. If it applies to other sports, we would get out of the baseball region with fairgut. Maybe there is another bright side.

I hope you are right, but our football region teams were the same as our baseball region teams - before the move. If it applies to other sports, we would get out of the baseball region with fairgut. Maybe there is another bright side.

I'm about 95% sure.  But that 5% is worrisome.  Yes, I see your point on getting away from Farragut in baseball!  LOL.  It would benefit AC even more if we could drop to AA in the "minor" sports -- we would never have to face Farragut or MHS or any other of the big baseball powers.

Jake, I just don't see this being good for wb. I hate it for them. On the positive side, bearden will still be on the schedule and there will be at least 11 games next year. Maybe G91 can enlighten

me to more positives with the situation.

How is it a bad thing? Up until '09 the govs played bradley central, ooltewah, Soddy Daisy, Oak Ridge ,and Mcminn. And further back the Govs played Science Hill and DB as region games. The Govs have had some longer road trips in the past and it didn't hurt them any. And Now they are going to be playing Bradley,DB,and Science Hill again and you know all the coaches are going to try and work it where they only have to travel far one or two times a year. So if the Govs have to travel to one or two of those schools in a year, do you really think it will kill them financially? I don't think so.. IMO the fans travel pretty well so they will still make some money. Edited by Governors91