Heard from Maryville or Alcoa, TSSAA?

FridayMainEvent

You guys are a bunch of whiners. So teams will have to travel a bit more in this new region, big deal. Personally I like the idea of a road trip. That's part of the reason I hate the current set-up. All the teams we play now are right in our back-yard. I look forward to going to the Tri-Cities to watch some games.

If I were one of those small schools that Alcoa has to play in 2-A I would all get together and forfeit the Alcoa game so Rankin could set at home and watch replays on the jumbo tron next year to teach him a lesson. That school was built to take on more kids next year and that big apartment complex behind Wal-Mart that looks like a city in itself will sent tons of kids to that school next year. What is his thinking, they could win the 4-A if they wanted. When you do stuff like that you lose everyone's respect.

I value his friendship too much to ask him if "he has lost his mind"... Can you rephrase that? :huh:

Yeah, check that. I went and poured a big cup of red koolaid and my concerns have vanished. If the old ball coach wants to play in some new areas, then I guess we will play in some new areas. Maybe stars knows where several of us can get in on a timeshare in the kingsport area. Or maybe I can finally visit the childhood home of the legend Ron Wright.

At the very least, the routine visits up I-81 and down I-75 should open up some new fertile recruiting grounds. Stars may want to check and see what kind of garbage service that sensebaugh (sp?) family has. We may be able to start a new pipeline.

It may be interesting to know if alcoas coach has heard about some of the F5's trips to tellico plains back in the day. :ph34r:

Interesting debate. One thing is for sure, no one wants Maryville between them and the SC most years. The T$$AA should have left things alone when it was 5 Classes. It's a mess now.

Indications are Maryville to say put until this gets sorted out, if it ever does. Maryville has absolutely nothing to prove. Look for Maryville to play a big away game somewhere like a neighboring state or Oh. or Fl,  if the money is right. Sit is possible some out of state programs may be whooping Maryville to come and play, regardless of classification. The better teams in the state are finding they don't necessarily need the TSSAA. Philosophical differences are beginning to crack the bell. 

Why would Maryville play a team that poses no challenge and personally attacks our head coach because he teaches us to not bow down (take a knee).  WB never brings a crowd any more.

The gate is the key. Regardless of the competition, WB and MHS do bring a gate. WB rivalry ALWAYS brings a crowd MathNerd. The gate was over $20 grand. It is amazing what a few wins will do for a gate.  Especially with Justin Ridge there. 

So now it is looking more and more like Maryville is going to stay in 5A, very interesting. I thought the whole reason the TSSAA was allowing teams to move into the Super 32 was soley because of Maryville. Now it looks like this whole mess of trying to figure everything out was for nothing, atleast as far as the Super 32 in concerned. Interesting that Maryville and the great George Quarles don't want to play the biggest and the best in the state. I guess nothing is set in stone yet, but looks like they are staying in 5A.

It doesn't matter where they play. The Maryville culture will continue to win at any level. Also can you document with any facts the Maryville doesn't want to play the biggest and best in the state. Can't blameMaryville because they are smart enough not to get into a losing financial situation by playing  in the not so "super 32". Which by the way appears not to be as strong as some of the the proposed 5A District. 

Guys to be honest, I think 5A is deeper and more talented across the board in the new plan than 6A. That may be a factor. When you look at teams like Henry co, hendersonville, west, hillsboro, plus the array of solid teams year in and year out I think 5A is deeper and better across the board. Outside of oakland, blackman, and whitehaven 6A just doesn't have much parity in it. 

Good comment Heisman and I also believe that the "new" 5A will be stronger than the "32. What it really boils down to though is  the finances. I believe Coach Quarles is also the Athletic Director and his job as Athletic Director is to do what is financially best for the school. Nothing else in play when all is stripped away.