Heard from Maryville or Alcoa, TSSAA?

FridayMainEvent

In the end I guess it don't matter because the T$$AA will not let go of one of those golden playoff games they get half the gate money from. What ever happens during the season and all the hardships it will cause fans and schools in travel money is the least of concerns for Barney Moneygrabber. Not going to give an inch there no matter what happens.

How is it a bad thing? Up until '09 the govs played bradley central, ooltewah, Soddy Daisy, Oak Ridge ,and Mcminn. And further back the Govs played Science Hill and DB as region games. The Govs have had some longer road trips in the past and it didn't hurt them any. And Now they are going to be playing Bradley,DB,and Science Hill again and you know all the coaches are going to try and work it where they only have to travel far one or two times a year. So if the Govs have to travel to one or two of those schools in a year, do you really think it will kill them financially? I don't think so.. IMO the fans travel pretty well so they will still make some money.

Sounds good. Thanks G91. Go govs.

I'm about 95% sure.  But that 5% is worrisome.  Yes, I see your point on getting away from Farragut in baseball!  LOL.  It would benefit AC even more if we could drop to AA in the "minor" sports -- we would never have to face Farragut or MHS or any other of the big baseball powers.

This is football only for now. All other sports stay as they are today until TSSAA makes more changes.

Good luck! The Indians will be loaded for the next few years for sure. ROLL TRIBE.

Haha was j/k with ya'll. However I will say that our program is finally headed in the right direction and will be back to being a respectable team soon. We have some young talent on the team but we still might be in for some tough sledding next season. I think we will really start seeing the benefits of our improved feeder program the year after next.