Farrah-Gut att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Barney, one time we were over there, I think it was 2011,  the Wildcats took the field so I began to shake my soup can with rocks in it.  The Gestapo showed up and confiscated my can of rocks.  True story.   

Yep, I brought about ten homemade shakers that game and you'd have thought I was giving out crack.

barney you are exactly right on playing younger kids in blow out win/losses - imo one of the major problems w/FHS football  plus they really don't care about youth(8th) league teams, freshmen, or jv  it is mind boggling not being a Farragut native because that IS how you build your program along with great /good development in practice through coaching   again imo but FHS letting coach sweetland walk and go to Alcoa was a huge turn down for their program just have never been the same team         I mean seriously how many varsity staffs don't even care about underclassman ----the current jrs won the city championship in 8th and conference championship as freshman(including beating MHS at MHS) and only 1 player got significant time as a sophomore ( #1-tb) and he didn't get that until injury and became KFL soph of year           the student chants? I say when you are a loser that is how you act --apologies to all MHS folks and keep on makin east tn proud

Here's the way I look at playing lots of players when you are way up or way down. Big games between 2 fairly even teams are won by kids making big plays. Sure, good rookie players can play together and beat the average teams. But to beat an equal or better team, somebody has to make some big plays - a run, throw, catch, or tackle. I would rather have kids with 25 varsity quarters of experience starting their first game as a junior instead of kids with 5 quarters of varsity experience starting their first game. The more experienced kids know they belong and so do their coaches. They are more likely to try to make the big plays without the fear of a mistake and being benched. The less experienced kids are usually more hesitant and dependent on someone else to make the play.

So when a liberally substituting program like murvil lines up next year against those teams who don't sub as liberally, there will be 6-7 experienced kids starting their first game and ready to make plays versus 6-7 rookie kids on the other team hoping they don't screw up.

Same story in baseball - IMO.

Fellers and rw87 eye haiv ben figgerrin', studyin', and lookin' att this thang.....and if'un Walker Vallee wins att Sawdy Daisy......Eye beeleeve Mairvul wood play Walker Vallee.....Lott ov footbawl two bee played yet twonite tho.... :popcorneater:

Fellers and rw87 eye haiv ben figgerrin', studyin', and lookin' att this thang.....and if'un Walker Vallee wins att Sawdy Daisy......Eye beeleeve Mairvul wood play Walker Vallee.....Lott ov footbawl two bee played yet twonite tho.... :popcorneater:

Is Sawdy out of it? Maryville would mercy rule both WV and BC.