Farrah-Gut att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Maryville 42, Admirals 0 in second quarter, congrats to Rebels on another undefeated regular season.

I must say it was amusing reading on this board predictions of a tough game tonight. No disrespect intended to Farragut, but when you consider they gave up 98 points combined in the last 3 weeks to the teams they played, the odds of a competitive game tonight were slim and none.

Who thought it would be a game? Once again, it's coach speak for we are about to hand it to you but don't want to give you any motivation. I said 4tds - not too far off.

This game is a perfect example of the good getting better and the bad getting worse. When it's 42-0 and Maryville has third string players in and Farragut's still got the first string in it shows exactly why one team is 10-0 and the other is 4-6. I see this week in and week out. It really makes you wonder how some of these clowns ever became a head coach or how they keep their job.

This game is a perfect example of the good getting better and the bad getting worse. When it's 42-0 and Maryville has third string players in and Farragut's still got the first string in it shows exactly why one team is 10-0 and the other is 4-6. I see this week in and week out. It really makes you wonder how some of these clowns ever became a head coach or how they keep their job.

Barney,

I have to disagree with you on this. It's easy for maryville to put their back-ups in because they always get up by 35 or 40 points by halftime. Pulling your starters when a game is out of reach may seem like a good idea, but in reality it puts your team at risk of getting embarrassed even worse and demoralizing the team. Being a maryville fan you may not realize this but it makes a team feel better to put some points on the board and avoid that goose egg even if it is in the 2nd half against a team's reserves. If we are going to criticize farragut's coaching staff for not pulling the starters we should criticize them for still having them in late in the 4th qtr in the WB game when they had already won the game.

Edited by Governors91

My thawts on tha gaim....

1. Mairvul D iz rock sollid

2. Farrah-Gut's nanner wuz cheerin' hard

3. Farrah-Gut's stewdunt secshun wuz sangin' tha Nashunal Anthum aftur tha gaim wuz 42-0 inn tha seccund qwartur.....Eye gess thay wuz won'tin two start all ovur

d. Soffmoore Cam Russell wif hiz seccund pick 6 inn two weaks and ole Paul Bristol played a littull hackee sack wif thait one bawl beefour deecided two go on ahaid and ennercept hit

5. Mairvul's O seems two bee gettin' inn sink and deevelopin' moore depth

eff. rw87 wuz slangin' TD cookies left and rite

gee. Ole #90 fer Mairvul iz a vurry good place kick-her.....Butt he iz one ov tha best punt-hers eye've seed inn hi skool inn a long time

8. Good two see sevrull frashman holdin' thair own agin Farrah-Gut's starters

eye. Ole #47 (big ole soff) and #30 (frashman) whur runnin' tha bawl wif awthoritee

10. Eye'm glaid thay left thair starturs inn.....Meens thair reeserves weal bee greaner thain a gord necks yeer..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Barney,

I have to disagree with you on this. It's easy for maryville to put their back-ups in because they always get up by 35 or 40 points by halftime. Pulling your starters when a game is out of reach may seem like a good idea, but in reality it puts your team at risk of getting embarrassed even worse and demoralizing the team. Being a maryville fan you may not realize this but it makes a team feel better to put some points on the board and avoid that goose egg even if it is in the 2nd half against a team's reserves. If we are going to criticize farragut's coaching staff for not pulling the starters we should criticize them for still having them in late in the 4th qtr in the WB game when they had already won the game.

This is the trap that all these type systems get caught up in and turn into bad teams. Don't bother me if Farragut wants to keep the 1st string defense in as much as trying to put points on the board against freshmen with your first team offense with one minute to go in the game with over sixty players which only twenty got to play. That is nothing but pure baloney.

My thawts on tha gaim....

1. Mairvul D iz rock sollid

2. Farrah-Gut's nanner wuz cheerin' hard

3. Farrah-Gut's stewdunt secshun wuz sangin' tha Nashunal Anthum aftur tha gaim wuz 42-0 inn tha seccund qwartur.....Eye gess thay wuz won'tin two start all ovur

d. Soffmoore Cam Russell wif hiz seccund pick 6 inn two weaks and ole Paul Bristol played a littull hackee sack wif thait one bawl beefour deecided two go on ahaid and ennercept hit

5. Mairvul's O seems two bee gettin' inn sink and deevelopin' moore depth

eff. rw87 wuz slangin' TD cookies left and rite

gee. Ole #90 fer Mairvul iz a vurry good place kick-her.....Butt he iz one ov tha best punt-hers eye've seed inn hi skool inn a long time

8. Good two see sevrull frashman holdin' thair own agin Farrah-Gut's starters

eye. Ole #47 (big ole soff) and #30 (frashman) whur runnin' tha bawl wif awthoritee

10. Eye'm glaid thay left thair starturs inn.....Meens thair reeserves weal bee greaner thain a gord necks yeer..... :popcorneater:

Agree with all that - of course. Most nervous I got was when the fairgut kick returner was running up field trying to dribble the ball with his head down. I was cringing as bIg ol' #47 was bearing down. Luckily, someone intervened and the kid missed that train.

When I think of Farragut I think of a school with a great community behind it and and strong support with first class people. I was surprised tonight that someone with a sewer mouth using a megaphone spilling sewage all over the place was allowed to continue this nonsense throughout the entire game without anyone showing them the road. Am I wrong here or has things changed that much that this should be allowed to go on at a high school ballgame.

Starz and Barney,

Maybe i'm way off base here but don't teams play JV games on monday nights to let their back-ups get meaningful game experience? So why would farragut back-ups playing your back-ups on friday night be any better than a JV game? It sure seems like the same thing to me.... And if putting your back-ups in on friday nights is better than JV games why do coaching staffs/ schools waste time and money on jv games? I think it's illogical to assume that a team is bad because they don't empty their bench on friday nights.. If they are bad it's because the coaches are bad or the kids on the bench just lack talent... Look at Dobbs... The kid hadn't played all year but he was thrown into action against Alabama and did very well. That was because the coaches have been doing their job and helping him develop in practice.

Starz and Barney,

Maybe i'm way off base here but don't teams play JV games on monday nights to let their back-ups get meaningful game experience? So why would farragut back-ups playing your back-ups on friday night be any better than a JV game? It sure seems like the same thing to me.... And if putting your back-ups in on friday nights is better than JV games why do coaching staffs/ schools waste time and money on jv games? I think it's illogical to assume that a team is bad because they don't empty their bench on friday nights.. If they are bad it's because the coaches are bad or the kids on the bench just lack talent... Look at Dobbs... The kid hadn't played all year but he was thrown into action against Alabama and did very well. That was because the coaches have been doing their job and helping him develop in practice.

Onlee one problum wif thait 91.....Farragut ant playin' Mairvul inn a JV gaim Mundee nite....

Eye allsew thaink FrideeKnightLites give yungur kids a huge shot ov confidense....

And finullee....GQ's way iz knott bettur (sarrchasum)..... :popcorneater:

Starz and Barney,

Gov playing all those young players in those varsity games helps those kids when they come back next year. Do you not realize this is one of the biggest reasons Maryville is so good year after year. it's not rocket science but most people refuse to believe that and will always come up with some #### and bull story why Maryville keeps producing winning football. 

• Upvote 1

When I think of Farragut I think of a school with a great community behind it and and strong support with first class people. I was surprised tonight that someone with a sewer mouth using a megaphone spilling sewage all over the place was allowed to continue this nonsense throughout the entire game without anyone showing them the road. Am I wrong here or has things changed that much that this should be allowed to go on at a high school ballgame.

If we heard the vulgarity clear across the field and 20 rows up in the stands, their coaches and parents had to have as well.