GreenEvilles chances of making it to cookeville

BVDevil

I say Why not Greeneville? Someone has to represent the east end of the state in cookeville, it might as well be my Greenies.... clearly no one outside of the GHS locker room and a handful of Devil fans, think this team has a snow balls chance of beating fulton this year and i've sadly even heard several Devils fans....shame on them.....who think the GREENE TEAM wont make it out of the first round......what say you coachT folks? Oh and feel free to use rational thought when composing your reply. I know this will be a challenge for some, but hey, nothing like a late season pop quiz to sharpen everyones trolling and trashing skills.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Why not Greeneville? Someone has to represent the east end of the state in cookeville, it might as well be my Greenies.... clearly no one outside of the GHS locker room and a handful of Devil fans, think this team has a snow balls chance of beating fulton this year and i've sadly even heard several Devils fans....shame on them.....who think the GREENE TEAM wont make it out of the first round......what say you coachT folks? Oh and feel free to use rational thought when composing your reply. I know this will be a challenge for some, but hey, nothing like a late season pop quiz to sharpen everyones trolling and trashing skills.

I have been reserve about this season but this team reminds me a lot of the 2009 team we got spanked by sully south they were 5 a then - then went to betsy got shut out 10-0 -- then tenn high walked the floor with us but there was something about our defense - Then on Nov 20th the Tide turned we beat the no 1 team  Red Bank 14-13 -- Not that we have lost ones like that this year but there is something special about our defense - Our trip to Signal mt was  good it showed that we can take it on the chin and come back strong - they have a sound team but our defense rose up in the 2nd half and shut them down - come playoff time it's anybodys game - can Fulton be beat yes!  South proved last year that you slow them down you can play with them but you will have to have a mistake free game - no turnovers - No penaltys- They thrive on your mistakes and then they move in for the kill . Quad 1 is gonna be tough - i will lay claim that the state champion WILL COME FROM QUAD 1 IN CLASS 4A ! Sully - Betsy - Devils - Catlicker's - Fulton  That's 5 of your top 10 teams in 4a in Quad 1 ! Wow and they say the strength isn't in the East ! The Polls Dont Lie! My Heart tells me that the Devils will meet Fulton in Round 3 in K town Our offense can score enough to win but can anyone score on our d-line when they get dug in!  Go Greene Devils !

I am a firm believer in the fact that the Champs are the favorite until beaten. Fulton has earned that the last 2 years. So does the road to Cookeville run thru Fulton absolutely it does. However since 2009 if you want to play for a 4A Gold Ball  there is 1 team that you have to beat and that is Greeneville. The winner of the Fulton/Greeneville game has produced 4 State Titles in 4 years. I saw a lot of resolve with the Greene Devils vs Signal Mountain. This group of Devils do not panic or point fingers at one another. They just stick with the game plan , play hard ,and keep getting after the opponent. In my opinion that is what it will take to beat Fulton. Playoff season is 1 week away and it is going to be a wild and crazy ride in the East. Go Greene Devils!