Wallkerr Vallee @ Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Not so fast my friend. lol.

Actually you are likely correct, but may I remind you that we thought the same about Bradley last year and arguably gave Mairvull one of the toughest battles all year.

I would not pick Walker Valley to win, but I will say they will give a good accounting of themselves and play hardnosed football.

Maryville deserves all the accolades they get, and unlike some of the Whitehaven folk I have a ton of respect for them and what they have accomplished. But I will say, that we still play the games to determine a winner, and none of us from Bradley County, be it Walker Valley, Cleveland or Bradley Central will give them a blank check pass. Get ready for a slobber knocker. ;)

Xcellunt post alt1958... :thumb:

I'm not a complainer, I'm a perfectionist and that comes from how I run my business. I don't settle for second best and hate seeing people that do. When I go to a ballgame three weeks in a row and the Chick-Fil-A's run out before the ballgame starts then I will rattle your chain real good and hard till I have your attention. It seemed to have worked because there were two people in the stands the following week selling Chick-Fil-A's  Same goes with eight minute quarters, while everyone else was content with getting screwed out of eight minutes I made sure Mr.Ridge understood I didn't like it. The next week when he played Farragut in the JV game they were back to ten minute quarters. There are some things that I may disagree with a bunch of you about but I am from the old school and I do respect everyone's opinion on here and have no hard feelings with anyone and I try to understand your side. 

nm

Edited by pepvol

Someone above said something to the effect of GQ and coaches won't be overlooking WV or any other opponent, and I agree. To overlook any team is not what successful teams do. Several times the past 16 years MHS has come out flat or the opponent was on their game and it was close. But as Maryville is arguably among the best coached HS programs in the country, they don't panic, hang their heads or get shook. The rebels stay with the game plan, execute and trust each other. That's coaching and a winning mindset developed by the many fine young men who over the years have worked their butts off and are committed. I have three sons who played for GQ and that experience has help to make them into the men they are today.

MHS Won't over look Walker Valley, nor should anyone. Maryville respects where respect is earned. Not the norm unfortunately in many communities today. Go Reb's!

I can't imagine the young players or coaches on this team overlooking wv. They came up to mairvil last year and absolutely dished out a beat down. Some guys were banged up and unavailable for the rest of the season. So, their reputation precedes them. Murvil will either be dreading this game or looking to get some pay back. I look forward to a good, old-fashioned, hard-hitting slobber-knocker. Just what murvil needs after facing the past several finesse teams - IMO.

Edited by strongx

I can't imagine the young players or coaches on this team overlooking wv. They came up to mairvil last year and absolutely dished out a beat down. Some guys were banged up and unavailable for the rest of the season. So, their reputation precedes them. Murvil will either be dreading this game or looking to get some pay back. I look forward to a good, old-fashioned, hard-hitting slobber-knocker. Just what murvil needs after facing the past several finesse teams - IMO.

:popcorneater:

Come on, say what you are thinking! B)

Pepvol thinks I'm a whiner. I think he gets upset at me when I go into a football chat room and turn the whole conversation into running out of chicken sandwiches before the game starts or eight minute quarters. I mean no harm to him because he is a very good person but I believe in the squeaky wheel principle. The squeaky wheel always gets greased first. A month ago I got on here and said for everyone to go to the AD and insist to see a Maryville and Fulton game. Guess what we play Fulton next year, we don't run out of Chicken Sandwiches anymore and WB JV played Farragut JV ten minute quarters the following week. You get more attention when your squeaky.