Science Hill versus Maryville

bud

It may sound crazy, but Maryville would be up by a few more TD's if it wasn't for how SH's defense is playing. 10 of Maryville's points came directly off 2 turnovers and Maryville has been held to 73 yards rushing in the first half. A couple of 3rd and long conversions by the rebels spelled doom for the Toppers.

It also sounds like McGue isn't able to hit the blind side of a barn. I'm relying on radio, but it sounds like the SH receivers are open, McGue is just sailing the ball over their heads.

I'm surprised McGue hasn't been able to use his feet more. And gain some yardage. I knew Maryville's defense was good but I figured they would have to adjust to McGue. Seems like they've had him bottled up from the get go.

It may sound crazy, but Maryville would be up by a few more TD's if it wasn't for how SH's defense is playing. 10 of Maryville's points came directly off 2 turnovers and Maryville has been held to 73 yards rushing in the first half. A couple of 3rd and long conversions by the rebels spelled doom for the Toppers.

It also sounds like McGue isn't able to hit the blind side of a barn. I'm relying on radio, but it sounds like the SH receivers are open, McGue is just sailing the ball over their heads.

Well somehow we're up 38-0. SH's o line has been manhandled by our front 7. That is Mcgue's problem.

I'm surprised McGue hasn't been able to use his feet more. And gain some yardage. I knew Maryville's defense was good but I figured they would have to adjust to McGue. Seems like they've had him bottled up from the get go.

I'm guessing they are using an extra LB or two to spy and contain McGue. Since he has been so ineffective passing, they haven't had to worry about his arm. They obviously planned for McGue; they still haven't kicked to him.

It sounds like McGue got caught in headlights and the Maryville mystique has them beat. They take you out of your game and make you press. I am glad they are in the conference together. It will make Shhs and DB better.

SHHS & DB will get better if they hire some good asst. coaches and get away from the buddy system. But Maryville will help expose that.