State Semifinal:Alcoa at Notre Dame

BigDave1967

darn ANOTHER DUI,........... darn I HATE PICKING UP TRASH ON THE FREEWAY.

Yaaaaaaay I went to court and ask the Judge "Do I really have to pick trash up again"? He said "No,your Irish brethren will be throwing the Alcoian trash off the football field all evening long and one thing else Trickster" I said "Sir"? he said "GO IRISH"

"Bring me another Guinness woman" "NOW I SAID"

Edited by IrishTrickster

CUT AND PASTE

Knoxville Sports Shuffle

All About Money

Posted on April 22, 2011

For those that have been around Knoxville some time, it’s hard not to recognize the success that Alcoa football brings to the table. They are seven-time defending state champions.

They know what it takes to win and continue to invest in that working formula — whatever that formula is.

With success like that comes both good and bad attention. The bad attention could lead to things like allowing kids to go to school at Alcoa when they do not live in that school zone, or the question of performance-enhancing drugs, or worse, like shaving points.

Now no accusations are being filed on any of these cases, nor has the Alcoa football team come out and said anything to this nature. For what we know, they are squeaky clean.

But yet we still must ask the question: Is it too farfetched to think any of these particular things are happenings? With all the money in sports and all the prestige that comes with winning, I don’t think it’s too mind-boggling to think that schools will go to great lengths (yes, cheating) to gain some sort of competitive advantage that helps them win. In the times we live in today, that’s simple math.

So while no one is accusing the dominant program of illegal activity, as journalists our jobs are to investigate and poke and prod and if we find something to pounce on it. Again, not saying anything is happening, but am I wrong to suspect it?

The positive side, however, is that Alcoa has just signed a new deal with Under Armour. You can read more here, but the gist of it is that Alcoa is one of only 57 teams priviledged enough to wear the wanted apparel.

The reason? Winning. When you win, people want you. Companies want you. You sell the product better. And most importantly, the kids that are wearing it buy into the product.

This quote by Gary Rankin, head coach at Alcoa, does a great job of telling the story.

"They get excited over a lot of things if it’s got something to do with wearing something. That’s exactly what companies like Under Armour want; excitement sells the brand. And now with the publicity that Alcoa will receive because of this mega-deal, their prestige and prominence will only go up.Success breeds a lot of things, both good and bad."

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Knoxvillesportsshuffle.wordpass.com

OMG and yes I cut and pasted. Can you believe the arrogance of this man? If this isn't cheating the system I don't know what is. Now we know how they got the weight room #???,???,the field $900,000,the jumbotron $400,000, etc....... Who's to say they don't put their logo on free stuff and sell it or just sell it out right. No wonder other schools can't compete. You cant make this stuff up. Alcoians By the way I can use google too.

Edited by IrishTrickster

CUT AND PASTE

Knoxville Sports Shuffle

All About Money

Posted on April 22, 2011

For those that have been around Knoxville some time, it’s hard not to recognize the success that Alcoa football brings to the table. They are seven-time defending state champions.

They know what it takes to win and continue to invest in that working formula — whatever that formula is.

With success like that comes both good and bad attention. The bad attention could lead to things like allowing kids to go to school at Alcoa when they do not live in that school zone, or the question of performance-enhancing drugs, or worse, like shaving points.

Now no accusations are being filed on any of these cases, nor has the Alcoa football team come out and said anything to this nature. For what we know, they are squeaky clean.

But yet we still must ask the question: Is it too farfetched to think any of these particular things are happenings? With all the money in sports and all the prestige that comes with winning, I don’t think it’s too mind-boggling to think that schools will go to great lengths (yes, cheating) to gain some sort of competitive advantage that helps them win. In the times we live in today, that’s simple math.

So while no one is accusing the dominant program of illegal activity, as journalists our jobs are to investigate and poke and prod and if we find something to pounce on it. Again, not saying anything is happening, but am I wrong to suspect it?

The positive side, however, is that Alcoa has just signed a new deal with Under Armour. You can read more here, but the gist of it is that Alcoa is one of only 57 teams priviledged enough to wear the wanted apparel.

The reason? Winning. When you win, people want you. Companies want you. You sell the product better. And most importantly, the kids that are wearing it buy into the product.

This quote by Gary Rankin, head coach at Alcoa, does a great job of telling the story.

"They get excited over a lot of things if it’s got something to do with wearing something. That’s exactly what companies like Under Armour want; excitement sells the brand. And now with the publicity that Alcoa will receive because of this mega-deal, their prestige and prominence will only go up.Success breeds a lot of things, both good and bad."

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Knoxvillesportsshuffle.wordpass.com

OMG and yes I cut and pasted. Can you believe the arrogance of this man? If this isn't cheating the system I don't know what is. Now we know how they got the weight room #???,???,the field $900,000,the jumbotron $400,000, etc....... Who's to say they don't put their logo on free stuff and sell it or just sell it out right. No wonder other schools can't compete. You cant make this stuff up. Alcoians By the way I can use google too.

Yep cut and paste...dribble as Booger says

Yaaaaaaay I went to court and ask the Judge "Do I really have to pick trash up again"? He said "No,your Irish brethren will be throwing the Alcoian trash off the football field all evening long and one thing else Trickster" I said "Sir"? he said "GO IRISH"

You'll have to have somebody drive you to the games when you lose your license.

You need to concentrate on getting that trash off your back! 😂

Ya need to concentrate on getting that trash off your back!

Ya got nothing to say about ya Coaches comments or the wonderful article. Surely ya can comes up with something catfish mouth of yars. Are ya going under ground and seeking cover. The game is getting to real for ya. I watched the Knox Catholic,CAK and Marysville game. Y'all ain't got no flaws dos ya? Isa just bes proud to bes on the same field as ya. Wees outa go homes and let our momas whoops us for thinking abouts playing you all. I outas stays home and drinks my Guinnesses. Sorry I have a lisp

Edited by IrishTrickster

Ya got nothing to say about ya Coaches comments or the wonderful article. Surely ya can comes up with something catfish mouth of yars. Are ya going under ground and seeking cover. The game is getting to real for ya. I watched the Knox Catholic,CAK and Marysville game. Y'all ain't got no flaws dos ya? Isa just bes proud to bes on the same field as ya. Wees outa go homes and let our momas whoops us for thinking abouts playing you all. I outas stays home and drinks my Guinnesses. Sorry I have a lisp

Yes, I have a comment about the article. You ready?

Just WIN, baby!!!