State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

Maryville will always be known for a soft schedule and needing trick plays to beat teams.

They will also be known for winning a LOT of state titles......

Played in the state championship game every year since 2004....Played in every title game since moving up to 6A ("Big Boy Football")....

I'd have to say that they are known for more than what you point out in your post.

They will also be known for winning a LOT of state titles......

Played in the state championship game every year since 2004....Played in every title game since moving up to 6A ("Big Boy Football")....

I'd have to say that they are known for more than what you point out in your post.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!  5AAA/4AAAAA IS #BIGBOYFOOTBALL!!!DON'T TRY TO STEAL THE SLOGAN...

Maryville 7-2 over Oakland. Their pitching won't hold up and they haven't been the same since they traded Cepedes.

Good pick. Early O/U was 9-1/2.

I'm thinking oakland bats around early for a six spot but I agree on oaklands pitching. Murvil scores 3 in both the 8th and 9th to win 8-6 after an early safety.

Our kicker may end up being the mvp before all is said and done.

Edited by strongx

Just got done crunching some numbers:

Record of opponents this year: M 83-54 (61%)  O 83-68 (55%) teams that they played twice were counted twice (M played sevier co. twice), (O played blackman et LaVergne twice) if you throw out the teams they played twice and just count them once then the records of their opponents are: M 75-50 (61%) O 66-60 (52%)

M is averaging: 42 points on O and giving up 8 on D

O is averaging: 36 points on O and giving up 10 on D

just some numbers-take'em as you'd like.

Go Red Rebels!!!!!!!

Just got done crunching some numbers:

Record of opponents this year: M 83-54 (61%)  O 83-68 (55%) teams that they played twice were counted twice (M played sevier co. twice), (O played blackman et LaVergne twice) if you throw out the teams they played twice and just count them once then the records of their opponents are: M 75-50 (61%) O 66-60 (52%)

M is averaging: 42 points on O and giving up 8 on D

O is averaging: 36 points on O and giving up 10 on D

just some numbers-take'em as you'd like.

Go Red Rebels!!!!!!!

May be a typo but I calculated...

Maryville's opponent's record as 84-63 for avg (57%) 

Oakland's was as you said 83-68 (55%) but it's interesting to see that three (3) of Maryville's opponents are still playing and nobody on Oakland's schedule is...

Not that any of this matters come Friday night