Nashville Christian at Union City - West Semi-Finals

MisterObjective

This is the game we have all been waiting on. We can call it the real State Championship but the truth is that neither team will be crowned Kings of 1A Football until we win in Cookeville. I am looking forward to seeing some of the Coach T posters at our house. If you guys need anything I will be glad to help you with directions to restaurants and lodging. Not that anything will be hard to find here in our small town. Now back to the semis.

NCS comes in after slugging it out in their last two games. UC comes in after two blowouts. I would rather have been in two fights like the Eagles had. I know that our boys are ready and will play tough physical UC football. The Eagles are a scary team having lost the last two semifinal games. To me that says they will be hungry for a shot at the Title. UC on the other hand wants to make history. These boys want to be the first UC team to win back to back titles. So both teams have plenty to motivate them. This game will be won or lost in the trenches. UC will use ball control and misdirection to keep NCS off the field. NCS must match each score to have a chance late in the game. They almost pulled it off last year. Now it's time to see who is the most hungry. Gonna be a dandy..Go Tornadoes.

Unfortunately that is the truth,loser of this one gets nothing.

I read earlier in the thread that NCS lost three players from last years team. Here's a little more realistic look at what they lost:

58           Starter on the O Line

8             Starter on O and D

81           Teams leading WR and return man

52           OL and all state linebacker

16           QB and all state defensive back

44           Has about 15 sacks this year at Hillsboro

There were a few others that played a lesser role.

The top four tacklers from our last meeting are on this list as well. Needless to say, there has been a little more to overcome for NCS to get back to where they are which would make an upset a little sweeter. I hope the Eagles can hang close and pull it off. 

And one thing I think a lot of people are forgetting about is the NCS East Nash game. NCS dominated that game from start to finish. East Nash beat Pearl-Cohn. Folks Pearl-Cohn is in the 4A semi-finals. So for everyone who keeps on with the whole NCS hasn't played anyone gig, it needs to stop. This team is for real. And I'm not saying NCS could beat pearl because east nash beat them, but you have to take that into account when talking about how many tough teams both of these teams have played. Go Eagles![/quot

e]

Dude they lost their quarterback on the first series and hasnt payed since. That's what made East go. East would have gotten killed against Pearl Cohn too if the main man was out.

Excuse me...we LET you back in the game.  Recruited/gained two new players....lol.  NCS being Private or "semi" private....yes... so the private/public debate goes on and yes...we also have gotten better.  It doesn;t matter to us.  You have to stop us...NO ONE Has.  We were scoring 2 TD's to your 1.

Lot of irony coming from a school with open zoning...not complaining or saying its wrong one way or the other but it is funny to read.

Dude they lost their quarterback on the first series and hasnt payed since. That's what made East go. East would have gotten killed against Pearl Cohn too if the main man was out.

"Dude", if your gonna make an accusation, get your facts straight. East's qb went out nearing the end of the second quarter, which was after NCS has scored 14 points. Agreed that it would have been a different ball game but the outcome would have been the same.

And one thing I think a lot of people are forgetting about is the NCS East Nash game. NCS dominated that game from start to finish. East Nash beat Pearl-Cohn. Folks Pearl-Cohn is in the 4A semi-finals. So for everyone who keeps on with the whole NCS hasn't played anyone gig, it needs to stop. This team is for real. And I'm not saying NCS could beat pearl because east nash beat them, but you have to take that into account when talking about how many tough teams both of these teams have played. Go Eagles![/quot

e]

Here's how it really went. While they would have definitely had a better chance, they were doing nothing with him in the game. He went out after the fourth possession, several minutes into the 2nd quarter. They had 1 yard in his four possessions. Count the yardage lost on the fumbles and they had about -10. 

1st Drive 

QB Rush -3 yards 

QB Sacked -3 yards Fumble leads to safety

2nd Drive

3 and out with QB 1-2 passing for 2 yards

3rd Drive

4 plays totaling 3 yards ending in a fumble

QB Rush 0 yards

QB Rush 6 yards

QB Rush -5 yards Fumble

4th Drive

3 and Out for 2 yards

QB Rush for 0 yards

I read earlier in the thread that NCS lost three players from last years team. Here's a little more realistic look at what they lost:

58 Starter on the O Line

8 Starter on O and D

81 Teams leading WR and return man

52 OL and all state linebacker

16 QB and all state defensive back

44 Has about 15 sacks this year at Hillsboro

There were a few others that played a lesser role.

The top four tacklers from our last meeting are on this list as well. Needless to say, there has been a little more to overcome for NCS to get back to where they are which would make an upset a little sweeter. I hope the Eagles can hang close and pull it off.

There was a lot of leadership on that list that you posted and, to be honest, that was my biggest fear coming into this season for NCS- losing that leadership. I knew we had a lot of talent for this year and guys that could put up numbers in the stats but finding guys who can step up and be leaders and get this team to believe that they deserve to be champions is another story. I still was skeptical through most of the season, it had been too easy. Then I saw it in the East Nashville game. From the first snap, this team was focused on making a statement. I have seen that hunger in every game since. The belief that they are capable of more than the result of last year's semi-final and they deserve to be champions. Edited by NCSDad54