Nashville Christian at Union City - West Semi-Finals

MisterObjective

Just finished watching UC's last two games. My favorite part was watching UC #6 run through and over a Dresden player for a TD. Nice!!!

If UC has any weaknesses it is probably pass defense and/or the right side of the defensive line. Other than that, it's just pretty solid. Running up the middle on UC is pointless and looked extremely painful for those who tried. 

Reviewing the board from this weekend was quite comical! I wonder how many screen names Big Dan has as it looks like he's got a new one. He loves jumping on the NCS bandwagon this time of year.

I don't know Kenny we have several interceptions this year. Number 6 as you mentioned has only had 2 balls caught on him all season and his two comrades back there with him ain't so be either. Now if you want to count some swing passes I will give you that but for the most part we are much better than last year. Speaking of number 6 that's not the first time that he has powered his way into the endzone. He has really started liking how physical he can be. I hope we can have another classic game like last year with the same outcome of course.

He should go ahead and get some gassers in this week. He'll be slapping the boards come Monday. Matter of fact...he will probably be ready, after running around in circles trying to find the football Friday night.

They won't be running in circles, they will hold their ground and play disciplined football, I done seen that in person! If ncs don't know which back has the ball then they will tackle them all. I was really surprised with their defense, much better than I thought they would be

Swo, I'm anxious to watch y'all's offensive line go against ncs defensive line. Ncs is huge up front and they move pretty good to be so big. Just pushing them out of the way to open holes will be a task but I know y'all are good up front. Keep an eye out on 34, he's about 6'4 and 340 pounds and is a freshman! I don't think they have been challenged up front like UC will challenge them, WC was missing too many players and their best lineman was battling a knee injury so it will be fun to watch a healthy line battle it out with them![/quote)

Man me too. Our line is big and physical as well. We have played against so strong physical linemen this year and obviously we did well. I know that Coach Bowling has kept an eye on NCS this year and I am betting he has a very good plan on how to handle the task before this team. This is the time of year when he mixes things up and throws in some different formations and surprises. It won't be anything that they haven't been working on all season. He's just been waiting on a chance to use it. This offense is about repetition. Keeping things fluid. Timing is key. So if there are any surprises they will have been well rehearsed. The big 34 will get his stops. No doubt about it but. ......He can't make em all. Bowling is very good at exploiting defenses. If he finds an exceptional player he will take it right at them over and over again. This will be our biggest challenge yet.

I wish Union city the best. I hate losing to them twice in championship but they deserve to be there. Good luck

Thanks Pirate Mike. If we are fortunate enough to get back to Cookeville it will not be the same without a SP/UC thread next week. We are facing a very formidable opponent. We will need to play our best football of the season to win. Good luck to your Pirates

They won't be running in circles, they will hold their ground and play disciplined football, I done seen that in person! If ncs don't know which back has the ball then they will tackle them all. I was really surprised with their defense, much better than I thought they would be

The defense really has improved. The veer fools everyone at some point, but they will be disciplined and try their best to get the ball. Mr. Football nominee ran 21 times for 64 yards last year and put it on the ground several times. He broke one for 22 but was otherwise stopped near the line. The middle shouldn't be biggest issue, although it certainly could be. In my opinion, It will be the misdirection or timely passing that causes the biggest problems. We are much better on the edges this year but that's been the case against inferior talent.

But hey, the Collinwood fella seems to know darn near everything, so our boys may just run in circles. That sounds like a solid plan?

Thanks Pirate Mike. If we are fortunate enough to get back to Cookeville it will not be the same without a SP/UC thread next week. We are facing a very formidable opponent. We will need to play our best football of the season to win. Good luck to your Pirates

listen I have seen a lot of football and this game is the championship game. Good luck. I picking Union city by 10

He may have climbed over 300. Started around 290 but football hasn't slimmed him down. He doesn't miss any meals, or seconds.

Hes going to be a special player the next three years for y'all! He will get better each year, good as he is now he's still a freshman and still has a lot to learn. Edited by wildcat89

The defense really has improved. The veer fools everyone at some point, but they will be disciplined and try their best to get the ball. Mr. Football nominee ran 21 times for 64 yards last year and put it on the ground several times. He broke one for 22 but was otherwise stopped near the line. The middle shouldn't be biggest issue, although it certainly could be. In my opinion, It will be the misdirection or timely passing that causes the biggest problems. We are much better on the edges this year but that's been the case against inferior talent.

But hey, the Collinwood fella seems to know darn near everything, so our boys may just run in circles. That sounds like a solid plan?

The Cwood guy is probably still mad about the whole incest comment y'all made lol! Edited by wildcat89

Just finished watching UC's last two games. My favorite part was watching UC #6 run through and over a Dresden player for a TD. Nice!!!

If UC has any weaknesses it is probably pass defense and/or the right side of the defensive line. Other than that, it's just pretty solid. Running up the middle on UC is pointless and looked extremely painful for those who tried. 

Reviewing the board from this weekend was quite comical! I wonder how many screen names Big Dan has as it looks like he's got a new one. He loves jumping on the NCS bandwagon this time of year. 

Big Dan only has one screen name and if you reviewed the board you would see i am afraid it may be the same outcome this year.