Semifinal Adamsville at Peabody

BigBlacknGold

no doubt that TCA and Aville are good teams, but I believe you're wrong about the best team not winning, TCA at no times ever showed a threat of stopping Peabodys run game, peabody had 450 yards rushing that game, and in the Aville game it came down to the skill people, Peabody came out at half and made adjustments they were missing one of their best offensive/defensive linemen for the final 3 quarters in #55, after half they made the needed adjustments and Peabodys offensive line gave the time malone needed to orchestrate a second half comeback, and that's what good teams do they go in and make adjustments and play their hardest, it seemed to me Aville played satisfied in the second half thinking Peabody was going to give the game to them, but that was not the case, Peabody did what good football teams do they came out and competed and Aville didn't do that, you can measure size and speed and strength but you can't measure heart and that's what separates the good from the great teams and Aville just didn't play with any heart[/quote

I was at the game and I'm unbiased. Adamsville played with a lot of heart. They never gave up. No way you can say that. As big a rival as they are we always know they play with heart.

Defiantly was not lack of heart not did Aville let up and cruise, we could not move the ball going into the wind except on the one deep ball to Burcham early in 3rd and that caught everyone a little off guard that we would attempt the deep ball into the wind. Just couldn't put a drive together going that direction in 1st or 3rd qtrs. top to bottom tca and Aville more talented and more polished, more experienced...what's that get us? More shopping time for Xmas I guess cause peabodys still playing.

Ps. What's the story behind Peabody? Just curious. Why is it called Trenton "Peabody"?? Anyone know? Also facilities top notch, it is a public school correct? Located in Gibson co?

Copied from Peabody's school page:

From the George Peabody Museum website:

The Southern states suffered greatly both during and after the American Civil War. Moved by their situation, George Peabody wanted to help. He believed that education would help the Southern people rebuild and so donated funds to "promote and encourage the intellectual, moral and industrial education of the destitute children of the Southern States." The Fund also attempted to establish a permanent education system run by qualified teachers.

In recognition of this act of philanthropy, Congress unanimously approved a resolution of gratitude and presented Peabody with a gold medal. Also, President Andrew Johnson personally visited Peabody and thanked him for his efforts.

He was a remarkable man who gave millions to those in need yet never actually bought any property for himself. Click on his picture to learn more.

Peabody High School is proud to carry the name of such a fine person and we will throughout the school year post more information about his life. In the meantime please visit the website listed above to learn more about our namesake.

More from the website:

"Although George Peabody was first and foremost an American

businessman, his philosophic ideals transcended the war. As such, he

was more concerned with helping people than with politics. This was

evident in the effort he put forth in the Peabody Education Fund."

Just wanna say Aville is a class act! All our young men helped each other up all night! Very few personal fouls Im happy to be playin for the gold ball ,but even more proud to rep a team like you Cards!!! Roll Tide

+1  

That's how you win with class...too often people are judged by how they lose...awfully easy to get caught up in the emotion of a big W, and do some crowing.

Two very good programs met last night, and one had to be behind on the scoreboard when the lights went out. Play the game ten times and each team wins their share, but Peabody won with everything on the line and earned the respect of football fans from all West Tn., and part of that respect was earned because people know just how good Adamsville and Trinity were.

Marion is no pushover...I've been saying it would be them from the east from week two or three in place of Trousdale, but Peabody has their destiny in their hands...if they play to their potential they bring the gold ball back with them, no matter what Marion does.

Good luck Golden Tide...enjoy the ride, and go get that gold ball !!!

I'm a stang fan but saw both games vs tca and aville and trenton win was Not lucy; they won out right and no you wouldnt beat them 5 times out of ten, you aville fans lost and you still puffing your chest boasting. I've not seen the speed and athLetic ability of trenton, outside of Alcoa every year and the dominant group of last two years UC. Trenton only issue is turnovers which has been limited in the playoffs. Trenton Coach is top notch, should be coach of year, I've witnessed 3, 2nd half adjusments-dominations, hunt, tca, and aville. Aville was classless with the obvious bounty out on #7 head. Should have ejected three diff aville players. This is high-school kids, no big tuition paid for no payroll. Just kids and that was embarrassing for any level football. And yes that was the most awesome kick return I've seen at any level. Good luck and pray for injury free tide win representing west tenn.

Edited by stangfan89

I'm a stang fan but saw both games vs tca and aville and trenton win was Not lucy; they won out right and no you wouldnt beat them 5 times out of ten, you aville fans lost and you still puffing your chest boasting. I've not seen the speed and athLetic ability of trenton, outside of Alcoa every year and the dominant group of last two years UC. Trenton only issue is turnovers which has been limited in the playoffs. Trenton Coach is top notch, should be coach of year, I've witnessed 3, 2nd half adjusments-dominations, hunt, tca, and aville. Aville was classless with the obvious bounty out on #7 head. Should have ejected three diff aville players. This is high-school kids, no big tuition paid for no payroll. Just kids and that was embarrassing for any level football. And yes that was the most awesome kick return I've seen at any level. Good luck and pray for injury free tide win representing west tenn.

No joke on the kickoff return! The youtube video has had over 1000 views already. It was unbelievable!

Your a pathetic excuse for a Highschool football fan !!!!!! We've got more class than your ever thought about having !!! No one has puffed thier chest ! It's been said by more than one !!! The tide won ! They deserved to win !!!! I'm sick of other fans , specially a poor 6-5 bunch coming in throwin punches just to be stirring garbage !!! Last word for me in this topic !!! Tide I'm rooting for you to win it all !! I'll have my popcorn and cold drink in hand watching next Saturday on the big screen! Go get the Gold !

1.   You're right...Trenton win was not lucy

2.   I said that they won outright, so we're both right.

3.   You're right again...I couldn't beat them if I played them 100 times.

4.   I'm not an Adamsville fan, so you missed that one.

5.   I'm not puffing my chest out and boasting, wrong again.

6.   If you think that Alcoa, UC, and Trenton are the three fastest and most athletic teams in Tennessee you are a nut.

7.   Once again, you're right...Trentons coach is top notch.

Most of the middle stuff is subjective...can't really say whether you were right or not.

8.   Another wrong answer...the kick return was good, but no "Music City Miracle"...and yes, I checked...it was voted most awesome kick return.

Check my earlier post about class...I meant no disrespect toward Trenton at all, just congratulating them on beating two great teams and wishing them well at Cookeville. I usually don't make time to respond in this length to hate spewing morons with reading comprehension issues, but you motivated me.

This is a joke of a post. Bounty?? Ejections for tackling? Lol. Aville got after the qb and did a pretty descent job of containment, sure he got his yards but his arm hurt us as much or more than his feet. This is football, number 7 I am sure is not used to getting hit, no apologies for playing physical. I guarantee you Peabody plays Aville again they lose, play tca again they lose. Enjoy your ride while it's still rolling, nobody bashing Peabody, hitting qb is a good game plan for anyone in any level. I can see where 7 would be unstoppable in flag football. As for adjustments at half, I am not following that line of thinking. Aville only had one drive into the wind out of two qtrs that worked. Trenton played good d on that end of field, forced punts and scored. If Aville doesn't fumble outcome is prob different if they took most time off clock. It was looking like before turnover whoever had ball last would win. Oh well, back to the drawing board and into cville for y'all.

This is a joke of a post. Bounty?? Ejections for tackling? Lol. Aville got after the qb and did a pretty descent job of containment, sure he got his yards but his arm hurt us as much or more than his feet. This is football, number 7 I am sure is not used to getting hit, no apologies for playing physical. I guarantee you Peabody plays Aville again they lose, play tca again they lose. Enjoy your ride while it's still rolling, nobody bashing Peabody, hitting qb is a good game plan for anyone in any level. I can see where 7 would be unstoppable in flag football. As for adjustments at half, I am not following that line of thinking. Aville only had one drive into the wind out of two qtrs that worked. Trenton played good d on that end of field, forced punts and scored. If Aville doesn't fumble outcome is prob different if they took most time off clock. It was looking like before turnover whoever had ball last would win. Oh well, back to the drawing board and into cville for y'all.

Flag football. really . "IF" if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts.