State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

Guest Fall101

Don't remember anyone saying that mc was world beaters or that Zeman would run all over them, but he is hard to stop. Usually teams can take away the inside or the outside. Likewise, I would say if grace doesn't play their best game that they will be sent home as well.

Ok. Maybe no one came out and said they were world beaters but everybody is talkin about how good they are and how they were gonna win it all and they may just do that but Grace is a force. Good luck to both teams and hopefully both stY injury free!

Does Marion CO have strength and condictioning classes during school. I know Grace does and they have a high quality Coach. If not I'd say Grace has the stronger team. They can hold up for 4 quarters and not wear down. I've watched them in person 3 games and the longer the game wears on ,the more dominateing they get.

These two teams seem eerily similar although grace seems bigger and Marion quicker. Marion has been running every morning at 6 am since the summer and it continues into first block. They also lift on game days. I thought the last coach had them in shape but this year coach Ross has taken it to a whole new level. They run an uptempo offense as well so they also get stronger as the game wears on

These two teams seem eerily similar although grace seems bigger and Marion quicker. Marion has been running every morning at 6 am since the summer and it continues into first block. They also lift on game days. I thought the last coach had them in shape but this year coach Ross has taken it to a whole new level. They run an uptempo offense as well so they also get stronger as the game wears on

I talked to a Coach in NC and he has those kids trasining 5 days a week ,year around.Its mandadory they make a certain amount of workouts during the summer.Its a fairly big school so I guess he can afford to let kids go. I'm pretty sure he's been there 4 years with this one being the 5th and they have won the state the last 3 years. They have 2 periods a day at school for the strength training, He also has 2 others to help with it. schools like this has a big advantage over

schools who don't allow it. I highly doubt that Marion has the whole team coming in at that time of the morning, that would take extreme dedication from the parents and kids.That sound a little like the military. I know another Coach who implemented something similar to this,it was a school of about 650 kids, they ended up with about 18 kids on the varsity and they still won several games. Coach only made it 2 years and the team has not been nearly as sucessful since that time.

Looks like they will win state again this season' For anyone Interested, its the Havlock Rams and the Coach is Jim Bob Bryant. He's not very old and he's been to 3 or 4 schools, the success changes in a hurry when he shows up. This cat is GOOD.

Edited by pujo

I highly doubt that Marion has the whole team coming in at that time of the morning, that would take extreme dedication from the parents and kids.That sound a little like the military.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that it is the whole sports program that's coming in, not just football. They work on speed and agility, lifting and conditioning throughout the week. I am sure that someone who knows more about this can tell you more. Believe it or not all the kids love coach Ross and most understand it is to make them better athletes. Ross got his strength and conditioning program from Buford High school in Ga who was nationally ranked at the time, not sure if they still are. Pretty neat story as well.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that it is the whole sports program that's coming in, not just football. They work on speed and agility, lifting and conditioning throughout the week. I am sure that someone who knows more about this can tell you more. Believe it or not all the kids love coach Ross and most understand it is to make them better athletes. Ross got his strength and conditioning program from Buford High school in Ga who was nationally ranked at the time, not sure if they still are. Pretty neat story as well.

That's just flat out awesome! And the way it should be if you want a spot on any team, not just to play on game day

TTP youre dead on..every morning six a.m rain or shine these boys are there getting better and you can see the results

Yes the entire team meets every morning before school and he has all them first block which an hour and a half. He also has the other teams throughout the day for training including female sports.