State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

I agree with the terrible refs. Our defensive ends weren't letting you outside and there were multiple holds and I have film on it. Also I can assure you we weren't focused on Zeman. He can hurt you if you let him but notice we stopped every run in the first half. 2nd half on that catch and then Fumble it should have been a flag at first glance anyways. If you're a ref and have a clue you have to throw that. Definitely a momentum killer. Also notice had your QB not botched the last play Zeman was stopped short and game over. What a lucky break. We had the game and it was ours to lose. Kudos to MC for fighting til the end.

That was a great HS football game. I'm glad I had the opportunity to see it play out. GCA dominated the 1st half. MC dominated the 2nd half. Bottom line is we had it 3rd and 3 on the 45 with 3 mins to go to seal the deal and had 2 motion penalties (1 was legit, the 2nd one was the line judge throwing another phantom flag, more below). If we take care of business there, game over. MC had a great drive to win the game. A ton of credit to the Warriors on that drive. GCA looked like we didn't know what was going on during the final drive. The "fog of war" got us on that drive.

Ross was on the line judge all night and had him in his back pocket during the 2nd half. That's not a knock on him, that's to his credit. I thought he would get a 15 yd penalty at any point, but the line judge took the constant chewing and didn't throw a flag on him (which was the right no call in a semi final game). That same line judge had a couple of calls that were way passed questionable in the 4 th qtr. I'm not complaining that the refs beat us, because they didn't. See above, if we take care of business on 3rd and 3, we win. I'm just sharing what a great job Ross did working that line judge. We could take a lesson from that.

I'm glad we didn't see Zeman's best game, of the outcome would have been worse. I do believe the GCA defense had a ton to do with him having a tough game. Good luck next week, this Ram Fan will be pulling for you.

Ballgame. GCA choked late. 18-15 mc 7.3 seconds left.

I don't think we choked, we might have coughed a little, but choked is a harsh word to use, Steven A. Smith. I also think its ok for me to say we choked (even though I'm not saying that) but when somebody outside the family says it, well those are fightin' words. Not the best use of words crow.

• Upvote 1

That was a great HS football game. I'm glad I had the opportunity to see it play out. GCA dominated the 1st half. MC dominated the 2nd half. Bottom line is we had it 3rd and 3 on the 45 with 3 mins to go to seal the deal and had 2 motion penalties (1 was legit, the 2nd one was the line judge throwing another phantom flag, more below). If we take care of business there, game over. MC had a great drive to win the game. A ton of credit to the Warriors on that drive. GCA looked like we didn't know what was going on during the final drive. The "fog of war" got us on that drive.

Ross was on the line judge all night and had him in his back pocket during the 2nd half. That's not a knock on him, that's to his credit. I thought he would get a 15 yd penalty at any point, but the line judge took the constant chewing and didn't throw a flag on him (which was the right no call in a semi final game). That same line judge had a couple of calls that were way passed questionable in the 4 th qtr. I'm not complaining that the refs beat us, because they didn't. See above, if we take care of business on 3rd and 3, we win. I'm just sharing what a great job Ross did working that line judge. We could take a lesson from that.

I'm glad we didn't see Zeman's best game, of the outcome would have been worse. I do believe the GCA defense had a ton to do with him having a tough game. Good luck next week, this Ram Fan will be pulling for you.

Sure your D had a lot to do with it. We couldn't block the nose and he eat us up. The way you guys were playing and the way we were playing I thought 15 would win it. I wanted to shake some hands after the game on the field but I just figured they didn't want to do that. They played great and I can imagine how hard it is to be that close to winning and it fall through.

I will just watch the film I have on it. Refs missed a lot of stuff on both sides really. On the catch and fumble I didn't see anything really. They missed some face masks on those sweeps. I saw at least 3. QB heard the wrong play but was smart enough to go to where the play was supposed to.

Refs didn't win this game for MC just like they didn't lose it for GCA. They were not what I expected for a State Semi-Final game. If that's the best that association has, let's BOTH be glad they don't call our regular season games. Imagine how bad their bottom tier crew is, wow! They called it equally bad on both sides, from what I saw. I'm definitely not calling foul that the refs beat us. We beat ourselves, and MC had a lot to do with that in the 2nd half.

Refs didn't win this game for MC just like they didn't lose it for GCA. They were not what I expected for a State Semi-Final game. If that's the best that association has, let's BOTH be glad they don't call our regular season games. Imagine how bad their bottom tier crew is, wow! They called it equally bad on both sides, from what I saw. I'm definitely not calling foul that the refs beat us. We beat ourselves, and MC had a lot to do with that in the 2nd half.

During the season we had good refs but playoff time they got worse. In all our other games if you received the KO and you step 1 foot in the end zone it's a touchback. That never happened tonight.

I don't think we choked, we might have coughed a little, but choked is a harsh word to use, Steven A. Smith. I also think its ok for me to say we choked (even though I'm not saying that) but when somebody outside the family says it, well those are fightin' words. Not the best use of words crow.

You're correct pride, bad choice of words, I apologize. I was just trying to summarize the last 4:00 & all the penalties & mental miscues like having to take the timeout & the late hit. Choked was not a good choice of words. Sorry Rams, no disrespect intended. The "fog of war" is prolly a better choice. 'Nider meant no disrespect :thumb:

Besides as much as we fight & make up I though I was family :roflol:

Edited by crow

Congrats to the Warriors on the big "W". This was a great way for the seniors to leave the field for Jasper with a hard fought come from behind win in the closing seconds. Congrats to Grace on a great season, many thought this wouldn't be this close. The Warriors dominated the 3rd qtr keeping the ball all but 4 plays. Grace had their chance late but lost focus and the self inflected mistakes provided the Warriors just enough time to bring home the bacon. CONGRATS