Blue Cross Bowl: Peabody vs Marion County

BigDave1967

You two cool it or you can both go to to timeout. Now, TTP did say Marion would have a hard time winning. I never made a prediction because I wasn't sure they could win either. Peabody was head and shoulders the better team today and any other day. Marion had a good, solid season. Congrats to them.

Don't backtrack now you said all season MC was the team to beat in 2a

When you have uncommon opponents its hard to really judge the level comparitavely.In hindsite I as a Peabody fan knew the level of competion we faced example U.C. 1a champ milan 3a semifinalist huntingdon dresden TCA Aville McKenzie.MC played a schedule of teams thru their quest ranked approx 200 in state rankings,I am not taking away from them I just wanna compare apples to apples! The east is usually very strong,with the dominance MC showed all year vs the fact that PHS was heads and shoulder talent and skill levels above MC is why I ask is this a power shift in TN football or just a off year for the East!?If I offend I apologize however you can throw all the variables and what if this and that you want at the game we witnessed yesterday and simply put.The results could of been worse without a dropped TD by PHS and a coulle of great ankle tackles by MC.We PHS fans are a humble honest bunch and will tell you the quater and semifinal teams we faced would have routed MC as we did those were skin of the teeth one bounce one play difference ball games!

Edited by peabodypride

All I can say is I'm proud of our boys, the Golden Tide! They played a hard fought game and made some great plays. Sure we had a few mistakes, but after a mistake we usually answered with a big play or several plays that added up to another TD. We just had to keep moving forward. Kendrick deserved his MVP for offense, and oh how exciting it was to hear Xavier's name for the Defense MVP especially knowing his return in the Aville game helped seal the deal for our Tidemen to make it to the dance. Both guys were deserving of their awards as well as the entire team getting to transport that Gold Ball into a gym full of Peabody fans welcoming them home in shouts of excitement and so much enthusiasm! Us folks in Trenton are proud of our boys..... We'll always remember this year! Big props to Coach Woods and his staff for molding these boys into the fine young men they are today. Simply stated... Our hometown heroes will always be remembered as the team who brought our first Gold Ball home to Peabody High School!

With that said MC played hard too. I don't think they ever quit fighting. One of the main aspects I don't think I'll forget about this game is Zeman. Once it was explained how he changed his number to 1 to honor a fellow student that fell victim to cancer, he stood out beyond his abilities to play ball. Like I said before, it showed him as a very noble young man on a personal level. It showed there was more to him than just being a football player. He is truly a class act on and off the field. It just proves the point to know he played injured to ensure he finished his last high school football game with his team.. He has heart and never gave up. Job well done, Zeman! I may not always remember the various players of the game for MC, but I'll always remember that selfless story of Blake Zeman. I hope he goes far in his football career!

that story hits extremely close to home for me. He's way more than just a football to me and my family. Outstanding young man

No crow for me to eat dumb as.... I said Peabody was the heavy favorite. I'm a realist, not someone who has three different screen names on coach t

You are full of mess. You just say that mess so that if those Marion boys had pulled it off you could give all the credit to that Ross man and how great of a coach he is instead of the boys. Im not falling for this mess. I ain't joking either.

I watched some of the middle school games. We have a group of 7th graders that seem to be a lot like the juniors this year when it comes to speed and athleticism including a lefty QB that can fly. In fact I think a coach told me about 10 started throughout the year. Then from what I hear the group of 6th grade linemen are all between 180 and 200 and can move well for their size. Be ye warned single A.

I've seen some of the 6th graders and there's one already that's 5'8-5'9 at 200 lbs that looks to be a monster in the making, his Brother is a sophomore starting center for the tide so football ability apparently runs In the family

I've seen some of the 6th graders and there's one already that's 5'8-5'9 at 200 lbs that looks to be a monster in the making, his Brother is a sophomore starting center for the tide so football ability apparently runs In the family

I watched the Trenton middle football team. Lots if size and athletic ability in the pipeline for the Tide. Seems they are building a powerhouse down there

The starting center cost us the UC game and the Milan game. Unfortantely we have him for another 2 years. Hopefully he may improve to an average ability. Edited by GoldenTide50